Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thrift store, ebay, good sale.

don't get a drill from harbor freight, most of their shit is very cheap quality and doesn't last a pro 6 months sometimes. every once in a while their cheap shit lasts forever

but find you an 18v ryobi, cheap. i've used them daily for 2 years after we found a whole set in a street (looked new, no clue how old it actually was) and it's got enough torque to to break my wrists or strip a screw, it's not going to be the weak link.

good battery life and we just bought a whole set (bag, charger, drill, 2 batteries) for $40 so i know you could get it near your price range with 1 less battery

dewalt isn't any better but will cost more, etc for about anything else

it's the best drill for your money you can get and has enough torque to wear your ass is the weak link

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, when it comes to power tools and the like, cost often translates to quality. When I worked at Aria and Vdara in Vegas, most people brought their own tools. I personally had Milwaukee and DeWalt, and I used other peoples cheaper stuff, and they just didn't cut it. They would tear through batteries in a matter of minutes sometimes, and the cheaper impact drivers just literally couldn't do the job sometimes. If you want parts and equipment that will last a while, especially in a professional environment, you need to spend more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    dewalt isn't any better but will cost more, etc for about anything else
    I don't want to sound like a brand fanboy, but there is a HUGE difference between brands. I switched between brand new drills people were using, and there is a massive difference in efficiency, feel, and actual productivity.

I'm not sure why you say "Harbor Freight" is cheap quality.. .when they are selling specific brands. That's like saying the new BMW from this dealer is 'better' than the new BMW from that dealer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

idk why people are even worried about the item's longevity. He's probably trying to drill two chinese iphones together and will just end up crapping his pants about how it all went to utter shit anyway.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    One that uses hollow drill bits, do you not know this?
    Are those the ones your uncle was using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Are those the ones your uncle was using?
    No, he was using cheap ones he got from china, he intends to buy a tablet and obamaphone from the same company and does not think lightning can strike the same place twice.

Harbor Frieght always has decent prices...But you get what you pay for no doubt about that. I have used HF tools to do lots of random things around the house. They normally last a few projects depending on what im doing. Im a diesel Mechanic, and I have a few harbor frieght tools in my tool box. They are hit and miss on how long they last.

I recommend an 18v Drill though.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...uck-68850.html

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Deleted
    I would like to remind OP about the Sam Vimes Boots theory.....

At the time of Men at Arms, Samuel Vimes earned thirty-eight dollars a month as a Captain of the Watch, plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots, the sort that would last years and years, cost fifty dollars. This was beyond his pocket and the most he could hope for was an affordable pair of boots costing ten dollars, which might with luck last a year or so before he would need to resort to makeshift cardboard insoles so as to prolong the moment of shelling out another ten dollars.

Therefore over a period of ten years, he might have paid out a hundred dollars on boots, twice as much as the man who could afford fifty dollars up front ten years before. And he would still have wet feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    He's like a real life infomercial actor.

(even better if you imagine it's a Gumby doing it)
    Is that someone trying to cut a piece of bread with a doorstop? ... I can't imagine why that would be so ineffective.

Amazon searching "Cordless drill" brings up an 18V "Genesis" brand cordless drill for $29.99. 4 star reviewed with over 200 reviews. Still looks of questionable quality to me though - and for some reason it seems it's under the "Toys and Games" department, which can't be a good sign. I'd go with a Dewalt I think, they seem to have a good reputation/quality assurance. I'm no expert though.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Is that someone trying to cut a piece of bread with a doorstop? ... I can't imagine why that would be so ineffective.
    Well duh, what the fuck do you cut your bread with? Something fancy like a hat stand? Aristocrat.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    Harbor Frieght always has decent prices...But you get what you pay for no doubt about that. I have used HF tools to do lots of random things around the house. They normally last a few projects depending on what im doing. Im a diesel Mechanic, and I have a few harbor frieght tools in my tool box. They are hit and miss on how long they last.

I recommend an 18v Drill though.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...uck-68850.html
    Yea me too. I'm the Shop Manager of a Diesel Shop and I use most of HF Hand Tools. I've had maybe 2 break in the last 2 yrs but it's free replacement. I've had great luck with their Earthquake Air Tool but most of their power crap is.....well crap lol. O and their Offroad lights are phenomenal. REALLY good and if you break one it's only $20 for another pair lol

No, he was using cheap ones he got from china, he intends to buy a tablet and obamaphone from the same company and does not think lightning can strike the same place twice.
    If all else fails use the coreless drill in case lightning does strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If all else fails use the coreless drill in case lightning does strike again.
    can you even drill into coreless lightning?

Deleted
    Yes, it is called hitting the mains.

10+ Year Old Account
    -looks at all the bad words-

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"aww, wait, naw, DAWWWW!!!"

I wana play too...

How does one towel?

Yes, it is called hitting the mains.
    I almost did that with a tiller last weekend. Whoever decided to put cable and power like 3 inches below the top level of soil is a moran. Nothing happened thankfully :P