Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    He returned my license and registration and told me not to speed again and to watch myself. He let me go, off as a warning and to never disrespect an officer again.

What do I do in this situation?
    He let you go with no ticket and you're still incredulous? You should learn to not be a dick to an officer and say you're welcome to your wallet that is thanking you that you're not having to pay a $100 speeding ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Who ends a sentence with a random shouting of "murica"? A douche thats who.
    He better have had a fedora on when he said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You broke the law then acted like an asshole, you deserved to be punished. If you are polite to the police and say you are sorry they often let you off with a verbal warning, let this be a lesson to you.
    Yup!

Also:

it was rediculous. Not only did I feel ridiculed
    It's ridiculous that you can't spell "ridiculous" but can spell "ridiculed."

Infracted: Please do not post just to correct other people's grammar
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-03 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad this happened. Saying any form of 'murica should come with a minimum 1 day jail sentence.

I felt it was a biased issue the officer had with me (I'm African American and he was Caucasian) so I feel that I was racially profiled.
    I call BS on this. There isn't a Black man in this country under the age of 40 that calls themselves "African American" Stop trying to race bait because that one little remark is what everyone that feels any type of way about racism is gonna harp on.
    Last edited by Manataurus; 2013-09-03 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A dangerous act, OP. MURICAN police are remarkably sensitive, and reserve the right to detain you, torture you with electricity, or even execute you if they perceive even the slightest hint of disrespect. They are incredibly delicate, which is understandable, as they believe that power flows from their bauble of a badge and that delusion can never be shattered. Welcome to a militarized police force.

I absolutely can not believe that people are defending the "officer"! Oh my, 59 in a 55! SUCH a criminal. SUCH disregard for pointless, little laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Holy shit you guys are tearing this guy to shreds.
    Well of course, it's deserved. This whole "it's profiling" shit needs to die. Even ignoring that, it was a stupid thing to do. Very lucky to get off with what he did! I'd be celebrating and counting my blessings rather than getting upset.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok,

The Situation/Scenario

Driving back home from work and get pulled over for going 59 in a 55 - whatever. I was feeling great today because I received an excellent review from my boss and I had some pretty good music jamming. So I'm waiting and the police officer walks up to me and asks me for my license and registration and if I was aware of my speed, and I told him "No sir, MURICA!"

After that he told me to step out of the car, and I asked him what for, as I did nothing wrong. He said "For disrepecting a police officer" and told me to step out and wait with my hands visible on top of the car on the side of the highway where cars were not passing by. I'm freaking out at this point because I don't know what to do. After 20 minutes of humiliation and hoping noone would pass by and see me, the police offer came back to me and said that there is a zero tolerance policy for rudeness and insulting a police officer when getting pulled over. I told him that I meant no harm, but he mentioned that it doesn't matter, and that its up to the police offer to make (the call). I remember one thing is to never argue or talk back to an officer in a negative light because it will get you nowhere, so I just said "OK." like an idiot although I didn't see what the big deal was. He returned my license and registration and told me not to speed again and to watch myself. He let me go, off as a warning and to never disrespect an officer again.

My Thoughts

Total bullshit, and it was rediculous. Not only did I feel ridiculed but I feel someone pissed in the officer's cheerios this morning and felt the need to piss off the next person, or everyone who they pulled over today. I felt it was a biased issue the officer had with me (I'm African American and he was Caucasian) so I feel that I was racially profiled. I want to report this officer for disorderly conduct. I am definitely shaken up after this encounter. I haven't encountered any racism personally but this experience left me not feeling great at all.

My Plea

What do I do in this situation?
    Phone his station. speak with his sergeant. request a copy of his dash cam.

seriously do it. because his "zero tolerance policy" he quotes is in reality his "big fucking cop ego" getting the better of him.

there is no such thing and if i were you, i would bring him up on charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    Phone his station. speak with his sergeant. request a copy of his dash cam.

seriously do it. because his "zero tolerance policy" he quotes is in reality his "big fucking cop ego" getting the better of him.

there is no such thing and if i were you, i would bring him up on charges.
    Charges for what exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I'm glad this happened. Saying any form of 'murica should come with a minimum 1 day jail sentence.
    No it shouldn't. It should result in castration so they can't contaminate the gene pool of others.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Well of course, it's deserved. This whole "it's profiling" shit needs to die. Even ignoring that, it was a stupid thing to do. Very lucky to get off with what he did! I'd be celebrating and counting my blessings rather than getting upset.
    Do you think pigs have a right to treat people like that? He was held against his will because he said a word that the delicate flower of an officer didn't like.

How is that deserved? Rofl, if he was as esctatic as he was saying then obviously the Officer would have picked up on it.
    Oh, but wait. Are all you "'Muricans" this intolerant to a good vibe or sense of humor? Jesus christ, you fellas need to relax a bit.

OP, my thoughts? Shift out of America. Come to NZ bro, it's all good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Remove 'murica from your vocabulary.

Is there ever a time when that isn't used as an insult?
    When I tell people about the double down at KFC, I say 'MURICA, but that's the only time it seems appropriate. That or the new dorritos tacos at taco bell.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoguexA View Post
    How is that deserved? Rofl, if he was as esctatic as he was saying then obviously the Officer would have picked up on it.
    Oh, but wait. Are all you "'Muricans" this intolerant to a good vibe or sense of humor? Jesus christ, you fellas need to relax a bit.

Would love to. But NZ doesn't exactly make it easy or uncomplicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoguexA View Post

If it was actually funny, it would be something. Joke's too fucking old, man.

Meh police are just power tripping whores, gangsters need to step up there game and aim for the head.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-03 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Do you think pigs have a right to treat people like that? He was held against his will because he said a word that the delicate flower of an officer didn't like.
    He wasn't held against his will. He was pulled over for speeding, an illegal act.

He didn't even give him the ticket for it ffs lol.

It's actually perfectly legal for a cop to smack around anyone who uses internet memes in public...

..Oh wait, that's just in my fantasy world, nevermind.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha held against his will... do you think ANYONE stopped by the police is held willingly? Come on. If you know you're guilty very few people are going to sit there and say "I'm so happy you've stopped me and I'm facing the consequences!"

Why should the police tolerate stupid shit? They shouldn't. He is there to keep everyone safe and you cannot do a job like that unless you command respect. If you let people talk to the police like that and get off freely, people will have no respect for you.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I absolutely can not believe that people are defending the "officer"! Oh my, 59 in a 55! SUCH a criminal. SUCH disregard for pointless, little laws.
    A law is a law. Breaking the law gives an officer a reason to pull you over. If he was going 55 in a 55 and he was pulled over, then he would have a reason to complain.