MW and heroic Lei Shen

I was wondering what the fellow mistweavers out there do during the transition phases so as to be best placed for helm of command and still catxh a bouncy swirl.

Ive taken tiger's lust and chi torpedo to help with my movement and healing over all.

Sadly ive nubbed it up and not used a cd whwn I get hoc so I take the full grunt of nature dot, or im just slow and fall off lol.

I share the quadrant with a prot warrior and we stand just outside of diffusion chain range but position ourselves so that if the prot warrior geta hoc, he can intervene to me and leap et al.

What I doing (wrong) as opposed to what I should be doing (...is?)

I wanna thank you somemuch.

Jp

how does a monk fall off?

Deleted
    As far as i know we can't get diffuse chain since we are considered as melee, so just hug up. What i did was going with Chi torpedo and it was gg, i also used teleport to get to my side asap, in phase change (this was 25 man btw).
    I did this some months ago and after that stopped playing, due to having this semester in Asia. So stuff can have changed.

set trancendence near the middle of your plattform. (reallocate it during second normal phase when you're at your plattform)
    always use transfer and directly afterwards reset your spirit. (you can use this to go to your platform just before a transition phase)
    with CT+Transcendence + tigers lust you should never ever fall off. (tigers lust I use for this fight only to help others)

Deleted
    I preferred Tiger's Lust and using Healing Spheres on my progress, made the entire HoC thing a joke.

thanks guys so much for your help.

i guess i was just being bad becuase im not that advanced of a player with key bindings and what as such so i use mouseover macros and focus macros still.

the main issues i was having with HOC was one time i teleported back to near lei shen and got hit by a neibouring quadrant's overcharge, but for some reason hit me for 400k on top of the hoc damage.

otherwise i was just dying because i didnt use my spheres properly.

i chose tiger's lust to help others as well.

So i'll just use diffuse magic and teleport with a expel harm and CTs to heal myself thru the 8 seconds of hoc.

just one more thing, completely different. i feel that something might of changed over the patches upto now, but sometimes im having trouble seeing the swirls on the ground. has something changed with the graphic enhancement? i have all my settings on ultra with no issues otherwise.

thanks again guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayphil View Post

i guess i was just being bad becuase im not that advanced of a player with key bindings and what as such so i use mouseover macros and focus macros still.

the main issues i was having with HOC was one time i teleported back to near lei shen and got hit by a neibouring quadrant's overcharge, but for some reason hit me for 400k on top of the hoc damage.

So i'll just use diffuse magic and teleport with a expel harm and CTs to heal myself thru the 8 seconds of hoc.

just one more thing, completely different. i feel that something might of changed over the patches upto now, but sometimes im having trouble seeing the swirls on the ground. has something changed with the graphic enhancement? i have all my settings on ultra with no issues otherwise.

thanks again guys.
    Don't waste Diffuse Magic on HOC, the damage is only minor really... just bind your healing spheres and you'll be fine. Keep your DM for Static's.

No swirly graphics haven't changed, they are super easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jayphil View Post

thanks again guys.
    You need to turn up one of your graphic settings I'm not sure which but I think its particle density. Also Chi Torpedo + Expel harm should be more then enough to keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Don't waste Diffuse Magic on HOC, the damage is only minor really... just bind your healing spheres and you'll be fine. Keep your DM for Static's.
    This is true, however the point I wanted to bring from this particular quote is that you shouldn't be afraid of using a defensive granted you are 100% certain you will take a considerable amount of damage, in this case using DM to not worry about your health during a 2nd HoC and possibly top someone who needs the healing to say soak bouncing bolts. It's a bit of a gamble.

I also used Tiger's Lust for progress but against my will because I just felt like it reduced my personal movement (without celerity) just to help other players when really most classes can counter the HoC pushback. I recognize that it is a very useful talent for that encounter but I like rolling.

Turns out my particle density was set to custom and has been set like that since drangon soul.... hmm lol

Yeah abit of careful changes and proper diligence and I could manage hoc with no issues.

Better placed spirit, a chi torpedo and an expel harm with some healing spheres and I thought it was no problemo.
    No problems from here on in. Thanks guys.

3 chi torpedo's in a row will also counter the pushback from HoC tho ofc it doesnt let you help others like Tiger's lust does.