Thread: 1H & Shield?

Deleted

1H & Shield?

So i have my Warrior at lvl 90 and have been playing casual BG's and some arena.

But the thing is i need 1H & Shield for to be able to use some of my Defencive CoolDowns but i dont wanna waste Conquest Points on this as im not fully geared yet.

Is it worth to spend Conquest points on this now when we dont have to use 1H & Shield for Defencive CoolDowns during next patch?

Will we still need 1H & Shield for even more defencive during 5.4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah wait till 5.4
    Spell reflect and Shieldwall will no longer require shield.
    Been waiting on that for over 6 years.

I don't PvP but other warriors tend to switch to sword and board if they are being focused on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Nah wait till 5.4
    Spell reflect and Shieldwall will no longer require shield.
    Been waiting on that for over 6 years.

I don't PvP but other warriors tend to switch to sword and board if they are being focused on.
    Yeah that was my thought too, but i hope for some warriors that do PVP Alot to come with some insight to if we need the 1H & Shield for more defencive

You can use a macro to swap your equipment set for when you need to use shield wall and many warriors do in pvp. However, as been said, next week there's a patch where you won't have to use a shield for those anymore so just hang on until then.

On this note, I would love it if 1h+shield actually could be used for dps at some point, would be awesomely fun! Look at the fighting in for example Spartacus where the shield is used as much as a weapon as for defence.

Deleted
    so much for protection pvp in the future - doubt we will see any at all, now that our "signature" abilitys can be used without a shield equipepd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    so much for protection pvp in the future - doubt we will see any at all, now that our "signature" abilitys can be used without a shield equipepd
    Well tbf Protection PvP have been dead for some time (extra debuff for tanks) and this aint something that would have changed that anyway.

The real Question i have is:

Will we need 1H&Shield EVEN THOUGH we dont need it for the cooldowns?
    Just for extra defence?

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    Well tbf Protection PvP have been dead for some time (extra debuff for tanks) and this aint something that would have changed that anyway.

The real Question i have is:

Will we need 1H&Shield EVEN THOUGH we dont need it for the cooldowns?
    Just for extra defence?
    I honestly doubt that those 10% physical reduce and 3% blockchance will have any serious impact on casual arena play.

Deleted
    You can just buy the current conquest sword&shield in a week for honor so don't bother with it for now. Against anything besides maybe a hunter the additional armor is way less interesting than it might occur and the first glance with all those dots and non-physical damage flying around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    You can just buy the current conquest sword&shield in a week for honor so don't bother with it for now. Against anything besides maybe a hunter the additional armor is way less interesting than it might occur and the first glance with all those dots and non-physical damage flying around.
    Yeah!

I was thinking of it like that to, but i have seen some people even though thay aint "the best" warrior that switch to 1H&Shield when going defencive for CoolDowns, But then stay in Defence Stance and not Equipe there 2H back.

I was thinking that there might be something that i have been overlooking but i could not find anything so i though i come here.