Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So I drove into a ditch today.

So I drove into a ditch today because I'm a fucking idiot.

AMA

Stop drinking and driving.

/thread

^ that was awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    ^ that was awesome!
    It's not so awesome when you're at the wheel. Luckily I didn't crash like that but I nearly shat myself for sure.

Nothing irks me more on the road than idiots not using turn signals

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Stop drinking and driving.

/thread
    Being sober does not mean you won't have an accident. It simply reduces your chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Hope you and the car are okay. Not sure what caused it but learn from the experience so it never happens again.

Don't feel too bad, I used to work at a car dealership and we parked the big vans (basically white vans that contain candy) right in front of a ditch, and I backed a couple of them in. They're hard to get out, had to hook them up to F-350s and pull them out. It was kinda funny though.

But really, how did you manage that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Don't feel too bad, I used to work at a car dealership and we parked the big vans (basically white vans that contain candy) right in front of a ditch, and I backed a couple of them in. They're hard to get out, had to hook them up to F-350s and pull them out. It was kinda funny though.

But really, how did you manage that?
    Extreme wind, bad gravel road and I looked away for a second.

I sudden gust of wind stronger than what I already was having and having an inch of loose gravel underneath pushed me over to the left. I was tuning the radio at the time and then I'm suddenly a foot over further than what I should have been. The gravel just collapsed underneath of me and I slide off into a 5ft deep ditch.

10+ Year Old Account
    How fast were you going?

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    It's not so awesome when you're at the wheel. Luckily I didn't crash like that but I nearly shat myself for sure.

Nothing irks me more on the road than idiots not using turn signals
    That and people who overtake on the right. :P There was even enough room for that person to go left instead of on to the shoulder lol. There is so much stupid going on in that gif.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    How fast were you going?
    30-40km/hr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Being sober does not mean you won't have an accident. It simply reduces your chances.
    Indeed. I've had two accidents, both of them completely sober. One was due to ice, which caused me to lose control while going down hill, the other was a kamikazi deer who was tired of waiting for the traffic to pass by so she decided to play frogger with me and lost in the middle of the night a few days before Thanksgiving.

We had venison rather than turkey that year, btw.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    did you damage the car much ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    That and people who overtake on the right. :P There was even enough room for that person to go left instead of on to the shoulder lol. There is so much stupid going on in that gif.
    The truckers an ass because he didn't signal, the guy behind him is a greater ass because he could have slowed down or moved to the left once he saw the truck was changing lanes.

People: There is a lever that's usually placed to the left of your steering wheel. This is called the Turn Signal. FUCKING USE IT.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The truckers an ass because he didn't signal, the guy behind him is a greater ass because he could have slowed down or moved to the left once he saw the truck was changing lanes.

People: There is a lever that's usually placed to the left of your steering wheel. This is called the Turn Signal. FUCKING USE IT.
    I saw another freight container or two in that video so this probably happened in close proximity to a port. Those port drayage drivers are INSANE and have little to no regard for the safety of anyone else on the road. I get the pleasure of sharing the road with them on a daily basis in the 3rd largest US seaport.

Aye, after I watched it again the guy that crashed was at just fault just as much, if not more. But yes, trucker man clearly saw him and did that intentionally to block him, nearly killing the guy. Not wise.
    Last edited by Payday; 2013-09-04 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Were you wearing your aviators?

- - - Updated - - -

Stop driving on the wrong side of the road you silly Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Arrows to green text View Post
    Extreme wind, bad gravel road and I looked away for a second.

I sudden gust of wind stronger than what I already was having and having an inch of loose gravel underneath pushed me over to the left. I was tuning the radio at the time and then I'm suddenly a foot over further than what I should have been. The gravel just collapsed underneath of me and I slide off into a 5ft deep ditch.
    I don't think I know a single person here in rural Nebraska that hasn't gone in a ditch. All it takes is a second. City folk will never understand it.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, on the plus side, it isn't winter right now, so getting it out of the ditch is a relatively simple matter.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Stop driving on the wrong side of the road you silly Canadian.
    Pfft when all of like 5 countries out of 200+ with roads and vehicles on them drive on a different side of the road to everyone else...I think it's safe to say that YOU are on the wrong side!!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.