10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

So what now? Guild fell apart

Well my guild fell apart and now no idea what to do joined a new one and they supposedly do progression but they cant guarantee me a spot also been thinking about leaving but what else is there?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Final Fantasy (if you can get the game) seems to be a nice fill-in for me at least till Wildstar comes. My Guild died not long after SL launch due to horrendous rep grind, the handful of my friends/guildies that remained we tried playing together but sadly we must of been in 4/5 guilds since then but one by one each guild died too

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Well my guild fell apart and now no idea what to do joined a new one and they supposedly do progression but they cant guarantee me a spot also been thinking about leaving but what else is there?
    Finding the right guild for you is one of the toughest and most important things at end-game in just about any MMO. Before you are geared and have proven yourself, almost no guild will guarantee you a spot, so you kinda just have to keep trying guilds until you find one that is right for you and you can prove yourself in and become a core member. It just takes time. If you are US and interested, my guild on Three Springs is recruiting. We have one 10m group so far, getting ready to start building the second. Hit me up in game if interested.

When your guild falls apart, the importance of constant friend list building becomes especially salient. I know this is advice that is best given before your guild dissolves, but always focus on making new connections and you will never be without options.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

You do the same thing you do in all other MMOs- make new friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Well i can raid with this new guild but heres the catch as soon as you dc they kick you and keep going they dont even wait a few seconds that makes it seem like its not even a guild at all more like a collection of douche bags
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-09-05 at 03:57 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make new friends and branch out to a new guild. It seems scary, I know! I was with my first guild for a a couple of years before it started to deteriorate. I branched out (reluctantly) and applied to the guild I'm in now. Was the best decision I've made and has actually impacted on my real life too (I currently live with one of my guild members, started a new share house yay!). So branch out, make new connections and friends! See it as an opportunity.

This is why things like LFR/LFD and random BGs are great. My fun is never, at all, limited by other players and BS drama.

Edit: Apologies, just noticed this was a Rift thread, not WoW. Does Rift even have these features?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You do the same thing you do in all other MMOs- make new friends.
    Very true! this is the best part of an mmo

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This is why things like LFR/LFD and random BGs are great. My fun is never, at all, limited by other players and BS drama.

Edit: Apologies, just noticed this was a Rift thread, not WoW. Does Rift even have these features?
    Rift doesn't have LFR. It has the other two.

Well i can raid with this new guild but heres the catch as soon as you dc they kick you and keep going they dont even wait a few seconds that makes it seem like its not even a guild at all more like a collection of douche bags
    Just gotta keep looking if you are unhappy with your guild.

Ultimately this is a social problem you have to solve. I honestly don't think there is much advice to offer here. The situation & solution is clear; make more friends &/or find a suitable guild.