Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but if it turns out this guy got HIV, I'm going to bust a gut laughing.

Poetic justice.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Always amusing to see a bigot so utterly cocksure. What makes you think he will recidivate?
    For many crimes I would likely agree with you, but there are certain things where quite frankly its not worth the risk of letting them do it again. So many people bang on about being a humane society, but there comes a point where all thats happening is that more people are being turned into victims because of some pseudo-pacifist who would likely want them just as dead as the victims family if it happened to them or someone they cared about.

Not like I am in a position to do anything about it, the same as the rest of it, but if it were up to me then it would be a 1 strike policy for certain crimes; murder, rape and child abuse. First time a heavy prison sentence assuming it was not one of those scarily sick cases... Do it again and you die.

Not an ideal solution but a hell of a lot better than a slap on the wrists and the people who are repentant dont die, though personally if it wasnt for the fact that courts can be wrong I wouldnt even like giving them a second chance.

Just remember that no matter how moral and advanced our society might seem, it really doesnt change our nature and we are a violent species and it comes to a point when passivity only breeds predators. But I am a harsh bastard and not in possession of a true north facing moral compass and as such I hold a dim view of mankind.

There is only a 1-2% chance of contracting HIV from regular intercourse unless the disease is at its first stages. He probably doesn't have it.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2013-09-05 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassadin View Post
    Depends. If he's a serial rapist, then it could be problematic.
    Think of the poor Cheerios and Fruit Loops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You reap what you sow... You rape, life rapes u

Deleted
    As others have said the git got what he deserved, but at the same time not only are the worries about him spreading it valid but also what do they exactly do with HIV prisoners? Given rape in prison does exist there is the small chance of it spreading through that means or if this guy is as vengeful as others have mentioned would he willingly spread it among the rest of the prison population? (that said though if another inmate caught it through raping this fellow then id imagine the universe has a weird sense of humour)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I wonder besides feeling terrible about being raped how she feels about passing the disease onto someone else.
    If she passed it to her rapist, she probably feels she got her vengeance on him. Karma is a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Necro post is necro but I didn't want to start a whole new post asking a curious ques

We will never know if he got it or not, will we? Its like personal information.

I stumbledupon this and tried looking for an answer. A majority of the people on these forums seem very savvy as finding stuff so I wondered if I was just really bad at finding out information or there was no information to be found.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was posting here thinking this was a new post, but it's fucking old. Why'd you bloody necro this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Haha, that's awesome! Not the rape but that karma, rofl xD
    I like that fact that you feel the need to specify

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I was posting here thinking this was a new post, but it's fucking old. Why'd you bloody necro this?
    Indeed, yawn.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Read his post. He explained why he necroed it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

All rapists should be castrated. If he got HIV that's just nature giving back at him and I won't oppose.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm sorry, but if it turns out this guy got HIV, I'm going to bust a gut laughing.

Poetic justice.
    Pretty much this, and I'm not apologizing. Bastard deserves what he gets, I say.

would have been better had the victim been able to shoot him in the face...just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Poetic justice.
    Poetic justice, think.....

1) The guy change to the better in prison (yes it can happen) now we have a lawful decent citizen who have hiv.

2) The guy do not change in prison and continue to rape then he get free and spreading the infection.

as you see both outcomes are bad

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Poetic justice, think.....

1) The guy change to the better in prison (yes it can happen) now we have a lawful decent citizen who have hiv.

2) The guy do not change in prison and continue to rape then he get free and spreading the infection.

as you see both outcomes are bad

I don't see how 1 is inherently bad. He can still live his life as a lawful decent citizen with HIV. Many people do this now.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A convicted rapist collapsed after police told him he may have contracted HIV from the woman he assaulted.

The BBC reports that Richard Thomas, 27, was sentenced last week to five years and four months for raping a woman while she slept. He pleaded guilty to the crime in Liverpool Crown Court on July 20.

Thomas will find out from test results later this week whether he's contracted the disease.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

Now doesn't that suck?
    Now I cant wait for the thread next week where he sues her for not telling him and WINS 500 million dollars.