Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you could afford so many tequila shots you can afford a doctor. Also, it's something serious, would you rather it got worse and take the possiblity he could die?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Well he does have gingivitis there was blood in the limes after he bit into them.. so maybe the acidity in the alcohol aggravated it?

Why are you even asking here? You seem to be against the most logical sense of action.

My brother died in April this year. When the police found him, he'd been vomiting with blood, then fallen asleep on the sofa and never woke up. The coroner could tell us hed been drinking but that was about it - official cause of death was "unknown". If your friend wants to take that chance, it's his call.

Deleted
    Well he does have gingivitis there was blood in the limes after he bit into them.. so maybe the acidity in the alcohol aggravated it?
    Grasping at straws you don't lose much blood from gingivitis. Even the nosebleed (which is rather far fetched) is more likely than that.
    If he wants to risk it and not see a doctor that's fine.

Personally I don't think his situation is critical unless he also has severe abdominal pain. And obviously isn't unconscious (which I am not sure if you specified that).

(He probably has some pain in the stomach from the alcohol but this probably isn't his first 'morning after' so he should be able to distinguish.)

What kind of advice did you expect from this forum anyway? Try getting 'XYZ medicine' from a non-licenced pharmacy?
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-09-05 at 02:39 PM.

Well right now he's puking in my toilet. Alot of people assume I can help him pay the bill I'm a 21 year old college student who works 5-20 hours a week depending on variables because I work on call. So I don't really have a penny to my name and he just moved back from Mississippi less than a week ago so he doesn't have a job or money as well. He's not going to visit the er and he's an adult and I can't force him. So I really don't know what to do.

Deleted
    Well right now he's puking in my toilet. Alot of people assume I can help him pay the bill I'm a 21 year old college student who works 5-20 hours a week depending on variables because I work on call. So I don't really have a penny to my name and he just moved back from Mississippi less than a week ago so he doesn't have a job or money as well. He's not going to visit the er and he's an adult and I can't force him. So I really don't know what to do.
    Well if he drops dead on your head be it.

10+ Year Old Account

You know what the worst thing that will happen if he goes to the ER? He will get a bill that he can pay 10 years down the road if he doesn't have the money now.

Whats the worst if he doesn't go? Do I really need to say it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    You call 911 and you thell them that theres a man vomiting blood in your toilet and tell the operator that he might not be sane cause hes refusing to go to the ER
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    You call 911 and you thell them that theres a man vomiting blood in your toilet and tell the operator that he might not be sane cause hes refusing to go to the ER

Actually a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    It would be hard to erode the lining of your stomach enough for bright red puke to come forth. He might have possibly ruptured a stomach ulcer, which might kill him in a few hours, to a few days.

Emergency room now, or drop off your black suit for dry cleaning.
    Pretty much this, though I wouldn't go NOW! Evaluate the situation, its possible he busted his lip bit his tongue ect, especially a wound in the mouth when drunk if you keep a vacuum on it (created with negative pressure in your mouth not like a vacuum cleaner, spitting actually will encourage a mouth wound to keep bleeding) It also greatly depends on age, me being 24 I'd wait and see how I felt, but if you guys are 35+ or in poor health to start with I wouldn't linger too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    blood in vomit = bad. Dont ask people on MMO Champ for instruction. Take that bastard to the doctor. It may be nothing. . could be something. Screw not knowing.

Deleted
    Well is there still blood coming out? If so, how much?

And it doesn't have to be the ER. Just get it checked out by a regular doctor. In NYC they had walk-in docs that only cost ~$150 for a diagnosis and prescription.

And they will be able to tell from the puke how bad it is and what it is (most likely).

As I said it's not uncommon and if he isn't in increadible pain or dizzy from bloodloss he should be fine for the few hours it takes to find a doctor.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-09-05 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    It would be hard to erode the lining of your stomach enough for bright red puke to come forth. He might have possibly ruptured a stomach ulcer, which might kill him in a few hours, to a few days.

Emergency room now, or drop off your black suit for dry cleaning.
    Was about to write the same, in a tad lighter tone. But yeah. Its actual serious if you begin to puke blood. No matter what you might find a new friend to drink the brain out with.
    Alcohol makes it worse, so even if it doesn't kill him today, he should stop it :P

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Pretty much this, though I wouldn't go NOW! Evaluate the situation, its possible he busted his lip bit his tongue ect, especially a wound in the mouth when drunk if you keep a vacuum on it (created with negative pressure in your mouth not like a vacuum cleaner, spitting actually will encourage a mouth wound to keep bleeding) It also greatly depends on age, me being 24 I'd wait and see how I felt, but if you guys are 35+ or in poor health to start with I wouldn't linger too long.
    That's some pretty serious lip-bite to turn the vomit red, and prtty much bound to be noticed ;D
    Can't come up with something that isn't serious to turn your vomit red, apart from food/drinks coloring it.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-09-05 at 02:59 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    "Friend vomits blood, better post on MMO-C just to make sure what to do."

Doctor, now.

Deleted
    nice healthcare

o wait

I have to go with the consensus here and say get him to a doctor asap! Vomiting blood isn't something you want to "wait around and see what happens" with. If he's refusing to go then like others have said call 911 and tell them regardless of if he wants to go or not atleast they will come and look at him and then maybe he will listen to them.

Deleted
    Yeah, typically threads about personal medical issues aren't allowed on the forums because, if bad or joky advice is taken seriously, it could be quite dangerous. The best advice anyone can give you here is to seek professional medical help if you are at all worried, be it from a hospital or GP.
    Closed.