Deleted

Birthday Upgrade incoming :)

Hey people!

My birthday is closing in (early october) and I wanted to you the money boost i'm getting to upgrade my bit-over-2-year-old PC ... i don't want to make huge or expansive changes and i'm planning on getting a entirely new PC in late 2015.

Here is my current system:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    Heatsink: Stock
    MB: Intel DZ68DB
    GPU: Palit Geforce 460 GTX (2GB)
    RAM: 2x4 GB (some Kingston RAM ^^) @ 1600
    PSU: Antec HCG 620
    SSD1: some 64gb ADATA SSD (System)
    SSD2: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 (Games)
    HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2 TB

My plan was to upgrade my CPU heatsink so that i may overclock and also exchange to GPU.

I'm not that sure about the heatsink, so i'm hoping that you can recommend me a sufficient and not too expensive one. as well as a guide to overclocking would be nice :P don't want to mess things up.

About the GPU: I'm either taking a 660Ti or a 760, not sure about that ... maybe even a 650Ti Boost (but i think that won't be much of an improve over my current one if any)

all in all i just want the upgrade to be as cheap as possible with a notable boost in performance. Let's say 250€ max.

ATM i play: Diablo 3, The Bureau, Dishonored
    and i plan on playing in the future: Batman Arkham Origins, The Elder Scrolls Online, Watchdogs and alot more games :P

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2013-09-08 at 09:45 PM. Reason: wrong CPU model ^^ why didn't somebody say something ? :D

All the games you listed benefit greatly from a GPU upgrade. If Arkham Origins is anything like Arkham Asylum/Arkham City, it will torture your GPU.

Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    another question came to mind, thanks for your answers btw

do aftermarket heatsinks like the 212 Evo come with Thermal Paste already applied to them or do i have to buy a small tube of that too ?

Get the GTX 670 it is priced between the 660ti and 760 but out performs them both
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    Get the GTX 670 it is priced between the 660ti and 760 but out performs them both
    just looked it up. looks good but here in Austria the 670 is slightly more expensive than the 760 ...
    here's a comparison (hope the link works)

http://geizhals.at/?cmp=967123&cmp=8...=774003#xf_top

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    What? The 660 TI is about $30 cheaper than 760. And 670 is about $40-50 more expensive than 760.

@TheCrusader

Most heatsinks do come with a thermal paste, you can also opt to buy one yourself if you want something else. But that isn't needed for like 95% of the users(mostly extreme Overclockers want specific stuff).

That's a shame Here in the UK the 670 is £5 less if you go for the cheapest version of each card. If you go for the pre overclocked ones the 670 is up to at least £50 cheaper

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-...81152-cores%29

That's where im getting mine from
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    that "Scan" site, although i think the site's layout is a complete mess, is really cheap. sadly they don't send to Austria

It seems Overclockers do and they currently have the 670 twin frozr on sale

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-170-MS

It looks like delivery will be £15 so that makes it around 255 euros total.
    Last edited by russ555; 2013-09-06 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    kk, well ... i have to wait for my actual birthday anyways ^^ so i don't have money for that right now ...
    but so far i've seen that nvidia is selling Arkham Origins free along with their GPUs ... so i'll try and get one of those. i've also already looked up some german/austrian shops that have those Batman-Nvidia sales. the rest i'll figure out myself.

thanks so far for all your help and input!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they offer it in your country or how long the promo is going to last but as of right now if you buy a gtx 760 you will get a copy of batman arkham origins with it.

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard