Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trading mounts...

...beetwen players with ofc some restriction? What do you think will that be good idea or thing for game or is totally crap and wrong ??? I ak bcs I have a lot mounts that tbh I dont like (ashes, elegon mount, kharzan mount, bug mount...etc, etc and really struggling to get I really wanna (mount from sha, alysazor mount and ragy mount). So lets say I find someone to chnage my elegon mount for sha, everybody will be happy. So what do you think about that idea???

cheers

Deleted
    While it could work, (same as pets basicly)
    I don't realy see an added value of xx rare mount on AH/in trade

Not quite sure where i'd stand on this tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it because I would guarantee that there'd be a website somewhere where I could just buy the Sha, Elegon, Yogg, LK, etc. mounts and never have to farm them.

i'd sell my ZG tiger in a heartbeat if i could. so many people want it because it's no longer obtainable, but i never really cared for it... I'd definitely trade it for the original ZG raptor, or a couple million gold (and i'm sure someone would pay it, too!).

Trading mounts? But what about the bond you shared with your animal? The late nights you spent soaring about the Redridge Mountains clutching the reins above your wyvern's neck, thighs tightening about its furred back?

... Anyone want to buy a Vitreous Drake, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    i'd sell my ZG tiger in a heartbeat if i could. so many people want it because it's no longer obtainable, but i never really cared for it... I'd definitely trade it for the original ZG raptor, or a couple million gold (and i'm sure someone would pay it, too!).
    man you dont know how quick id trade you my raptor

Deleted
    i suppose it would be a good idea for people that aren't mount hoarders that have rare mounts they do not care for, although i guess it will mean less people will go out farming those mounts if they think they can just trade/buy them from others, which blizz probably doesn't want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, why not? I've never been much of a mount collector. I don't think I have a single exclusive or rare mount that I'm proud of.

I like the idea of it, but it would lessen the sentimental value of rare mounts.

Deleted
    I like idea of being able to trade mounts that drop from bosses. People who have bad luck with certain bosses would be able to buy mounts that just don't drop for them, people farming raids could sell mounts from those raids and make money from their runs. Its a win-win situation.

Rep and achievement mounts shouldn't be tradable, it wouldn't make sense to have those without appropriate rep/achievement.

No not atm, kills the only reason to run old content and it feels really good to get ashes after 100+ runs and it's not really difficult atm. Idk don't take away reasons to solo old content until they add more rewards than just battle pets or give it more relevance. This also allows for someone to just trade a snowy gryphon and 500k for any mount they like. Not a fan. Prefer actual work/time investment.

"the bond", somehow a big bang theory joke about movie avatar and horses comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Trading mounts? But what about the bond you shared with your animal? The late nights you spent soaring about the Redridge Mountains clutching the reins above your wyvern's neck, thighs tightening about its furred back?

... Anyone want to buy a Vitreous Drake, by the way?

You shouldn't be able to buy your way through the game

you already can buy and merge accounts with those mounts, so yeah, I think you should have a legit way of doing it ingame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    This, the sites would be flooded with people selling rare mounts for real life cash.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Pet store says otherwise. Trading mounts in game, for gold or other mounts, however, has nothing to do with buying your way through the game. Go find a rock and hide again, please.

I think we should be able to put our mounts on the BMAH, with a cut of 50%. That way you remove more gold from the economy and still allow people to trade mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I think we should be able to put our mounts on the BMAH, with a cut of 50%. That way you remove more gold from the economy and still allow people to trade mounts.

m8 this is just great idea xD !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always wondered why hunters couldn't, say, tame a kodo or zevra, then turn it into a mount.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie I'd be mad for not being a special snow flake most of the time what? It's honestly!

Lols

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...beetwen players with ofc some restriction? What do you think will that be good idea or thing for game or is totally crap and wrong ??? I ak bcs I have a lot mounts that tbh I dont like (ashes, elegon mount, kharzan mount, bug mount...etc, etc and really struggling to get I really wanna (mount from sha, alysazor mount and ragy mount). So lets say I find someone to chnage my elegon mount for sha, everybody will be happy. So what do you think about that idea???

cheers
    I like it, trade rare for rare.. don't see a big deal. I farmed the white raptor, 9999 bones.. many people don't have the time or patience. I wanted it, so I got it. Other mounts that are equally as rare or difficult to get should be traded, not a bad idea.

You shouldn't trade a basic mount for a rare one, it should be like for like.. there is no profession to raise or cultivate mounts.. although that might be interesting... It's not a problem because we have to earn mounts with gold or items...

mount whisperer... someone that can "make" mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Not going to lie I'd be mad for not being a special snow flake most of the time what? It's honestly!

Lols
    With one sentence you just made me realize why people have so many mounts... to be unique. Interesting. I figure I just need A ground mount and A flight mount, who cares what it looks like?

But NOW I see you like to be that "special" mount other people crave....