Feel free to contribute/add helpful information/suggestions (better thread visual aesthetics etc.) as I will not be playing this tier. I'll need help making this a good thread.
If you want to contribute, make sure you know your tip/trick works. If you are not sure please say that you are unsure. I don't want this thread to cause wipes.
- Disengaging before you hit the ground prevents fall damage.
- Deterrence blocks the damage from the adds hitting the boss.
- You can use binding shot or ice trap on the sha puddles to buy some time. If you are SV, entrapment works too.
- Abilities that "reset" don't give you stacks. With LnL, the last explosive shot only gives you a stack and with kill shot the last kill shot only gives you a stack. (Heroic only)
The Fallen Protectors
- Deterrence blocks the damage from the mark of anguish. (Bestial Wrath break the effect and makes the mark of anguish go onto another player)
- Deterrence blocks the damage from calamity.
Sha of Pride
- Deterrence blocks the damage of corrupted fragments.
- Pre-casting Deterrence on Corrupted Prison will negate most of the damage taken until your allies break you free.
- You can disengage over the rifts to avoid the damage and the pride gain. (heroic)
- Deterrence prevents the damage of the mobs in the other realm.
- You can disengage and use aspect of the cheetah inside the other realm to help outrun the mobs.
- Binding Shot works on some of the adds. (including the bonecrushers, but would like a definitive list)
- Glyph of Explosive Trap, Powershot and Intimidation all work on the bonecrushers if there is no other alternative methods to prevent them from attacking.
- Deterrence deflects the Damage of the orbs.
- You can disengage back onto the tower if you are knocked off.
- Master's Call removes the slow cast by the first boss.
- With glyped Deterrence and Aspect of the Iron Hawk you can soak the crawler mines that are placed out. (some people are reporting that this is now killing them)
Kor'kron Dark Shaman
- Barrage lines up with the aoe ooze phase and should be better than glaive toss because of this. If the timing is off, fix it. Waiting a few seconds for a lot more targets is a gain than just using it on two.
- Binding Shot works on the ooze adds.
- Deterrence blocks the damage from Falling Ash.
- Deterrence reduces the damage from Iron Prison You can use Aspect of the Iron Hawk (will be around 10% life) if you want to save your deterrences.(Heroic only).
- With the Assurance of Consequence trinket you are able to line Stampede up with the first two Berserker Stance (25% increased damage taken) phases. Wait for the first Berserker Stance phase, then use stampede right away. After that it should line up with the next one.
- Lynx Rush lines up with every Berserker Stance (25% increased damage taken) phase. (Needs confirmation on whether or not the other talents will still be better even with the lynx rush buff)
- Your pet can safely attack Nazgrim during Defensive Stance.
- Flare can be used to reveal the Assassins
- Binding shot stuns the adds. (would like to know more on this tip)
- Deterrence blocks the damage of Breath of Y'Shaarj. (The aoe cone he does after he finishes doing his Arcing Smashes.)
- Disengage prevents fall damage if used before you hit the ground.
- Spirit Bond ticks accumulate into your shield (two caveats here: you will take the same damage regardless of spirit bond being up or not and I believe it doesn't tick when you are at full health.)
- Deterrence blocks the damage of the pools you have to soak in the first phase.
- Master's Call removes the snare from Displaced Energy.
- Deterrence blocks the damage of the essences, but you still lose your shield. (Heroic only)
Spoils of Pandaria
- Deterrence blocks the damage from the bombs on the Mantid sides.
Thok the Bloodthirsty
- Feign Death makes fixate jump onto another player.
- Deterrence deflects the damage of shock blast (Heroic).
- Widow Venom reduces the healing Thok receives by 25% whenever he eats the guy from the prison.
- The bats that spawn out of the poison gate can be stunned by Binding Shot. (Heroic)
- You can Deterrence the fire that the laser creates and not take any damage or gain any stacks of superheated.
- As a last resort, you can use Deterrence to run through the fire lasers that kill you on the conveyor belt.
- You can use Deterrence to block the overload damage from shredders
- To get your pet onto the conveyor belt: Keep your pet on passive. Force pet to attack Blackfuse each time before getting in/on the pipe. Press pet passive again when you land on the belt and it should teleport to your side.
Paragons of the Klaxxi
- Deterrence blocks the damage of Sonic Resonance.
- Binding Shot works on the Blood adds.
- If you aren't specced into Posthaste (makes you go to the mob faster), you can Disengage during Mesmerize to add some time (it doesn't go the full distance).
- You can use Feign Death to cancel the feed cast.
- You can now use Feign Death on Aim and it will cancel, doing no damage to you or anyone else. You remain rooted for the normal duration though.
- Deterrence blocks the damage from the siege engineer's iron stars (the aoe things that swipe half the room)
- Deterrence blocks the damage of Garrosh's Annihilate.
- Deterrence blocks the damage of Garrosh's Whirling Corruption.
- If you are using A Murder of Crows, time it with Garrosh's multiple ~20% health phases so you can get increased AMoC uptime.
- You can use Distracting Shot on the minions of Y'shaarj to help separate them.
- Scatter Shot and Counter Shot can be used to interrupt the Farseer Wolf Rider's Chain Heal.
- The stun from Binding Shot works on the Embodied Doubts in the jade temple room. (Heroic only)