Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Garrosh Hellscream Appreciation Thread

Although I'm not the most ardent fan of Garrosh myself, the following article entitled How I learned to stop worrying and love the Warchief brought up some good points.

Sure he's made his fair share of mistakes. He might be twisted, cruel, malicious, and downright delusional. But you know what? He's made for an interesting character. And shouldn't that be what we as players thirst for in the game?

You could argue that his turn from emo crybaby in Nagrand to the baleful dictator he is today came a little abruptly (much in the same way you could argue that Anakin Skywalker's fall was too abrupt), but what better juxtaposition is there to the calm, sapient rule that Thrall enacted?

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    There are few reasons why i like garry.
    1. he is not thrall
    2. neither he is vol'jin
    3. KILL. MAIM. BURN.
    4. He beat that goddamn sue anduin
    5. He beat that goddamn moralfag taran zhu
    6. He is bald
    7. Racial minorities for important political roles makes us look like nice and progressive people.
    8. He kills alliance.
    9. He trash talk people.
    10. He IS NOT thrall.
    11. He is real gangsta
    12. I like spikes
    13. He isnt asslicker
    14. Abuse of explosives
    15. SWAG
    16. He is so badass that apparently whole azeroth needs to unite to oppose him.
    17. Garrosh is ballin.
    18. He talks about towers of skulls and rivers of blood meaning he is warhammer fan. So he cant be that bad.
    19. He stole ancient artifact without even giving single fuck.
    20. He tends to make sentient beings his bitches.
    21. He ordered assasination of vol'jin, meaning that he have common sense after all.
    22. Too lazy to keep writing

BUt yeah garrosh is fun guy to be around.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a few strokes of badass, and I liked him quite a lot in Cata. I appreciated the whole "fork in the road" thing they were going for with whether or not he'd turn out like daddy.

Then things went downhill...

I appreciate his upcoming ability to bleed his life out on the floor if that helps.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate him pre tides of war however after that he just went bat poop crazy and started killing everything in site, using old gods to gain power and slapping every ally he ever had >.<

what would warchief garrosh do, made me like garrosh - starts at 1:12+ :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-09-05 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    1. he is not thrall
    neither are you, durrr.

2. neither he is vol'jin
    see above

3. KILL. MAIM. BURN.
    WAR.HAMMER.REFERENCE.WOW.NOT.HAVE.ORKS

4. He beat that goddamn sue anduin
    not he didn't, see alive anduin.
    5. He beat that goddamn moralfag taran zhu
    no he didn't see alive taran zhu
    6. He is bald
    real men grow hair

7. Racial minorities for important political roles makes us look like nice and progressive people.
    yes, because all horde minorities want to kill him.

8. He kills alliance.
    A cold virus kills alliance, and does a better job of it.
    9. He trash talk people.
    Showing he's uneducated and masks behind aggression to hide it.

10. He IS NOT thrall.
    See first reply.

11. He is real gangsta
    Gangsta sucks as a dynamic for the insecure kids out there.

12. I like spikes
    you can go sit on one then.

13. He isnt asslicker
    No he just cries for his daddy.

14. Abuse of explosives
    So he wants to be a goblin then.

15. SWAG
    So he's stealing themes from goblins.

16. He is so badass that apparently whole azeroth needs to unite to oppose him.
    We're fighting him stealing an old god heart, he can't even kill anyone in fair combat without a cheat code.

17. Garrosh is ballin.
    English is a nice language to learn.

18. He talks about towers of skulls and rivers of blood meaning he is warhammer fan. So he cant be that bad.
    It means he's a warhammer drop out and should piss off back to his own backwards dimension, leaving the progressive orcs alone.

19. He stole ancient artifact without even giving single fuck.
    Brann Bronzebeard does that as a job, and better at it.

20. He tends to make sentient beings his bitches.
    He made a body part that can't react to him his bitch, nothing else has counted.

21. He ordered assasination of vol'jin, meaning that he have common sense after all.
    and failed at it.

22. Too lazy to keep writing
    must be a strain since he'll be dead soon.
    #boycottchina

Gotta love the paaashun in that song!

I quite like Garrosh, mainly because hes a bit of a dick - I quite enjoyed reading that article thanks for linking it! I see a lot of people on these forums getting very angry about anyone saying they like Garrosh which makes me a little sad, its mean to pick on people for liking things you don't

Oh, *ahem*

For the True Horde!
    Last edited by Rhaktor; 2013-09-05 at 10:18 PM. Reason: messed up a quote D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk umadbro ? You just can't handle garrosh swag. (also i can't believe you bothered to respond to that )

You mean the true horde that doesn't include anyone but orcs?
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk umadbro ? You just can't handle garrosh swag. (also i can't believe you bothered to respond to that )
    what have I got to be mad about. Garrosh is the one dying end of soo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I like Garrosh cause he's a weak bitch Orc we get to curbstomp forever in a raid instance.
    Actually thats a nice point.

I like because he's a punching bag and I get to rub it in his fans faces.

Ah, happy face.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what have I got to be mad about. Garrosh is the one dying end of soo.
    And you will have nothing to hate. The hater is nothing without his target. What will be your excuse to insult people and call them messed up ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like because he's a punching bag and I get to rub it in his fans faces.
    I've been killing thrall since vanilla i don't mind :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And you will have nothing to hate. The hater is nothing without his target. What will be your excuse to insult people and call them messed up ?
    your still be around, I guess i'll just see whatever you like next and target that.
    #boycottchina

There's always Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I've been killing thrall since vanilla i don't mind :P
    funny thing about perma death in wow..
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are still gona be around.
    Oh please, humans lack the punch. I mean they could put orcs in camps again (that would be hilarous) but lets face it, blizzard lacks balls to do that.

I really hope that alliance will get something to compensate. One idea is to have night elves to plant that tree from harry potter that beat people shit up in middle of orgrimmar. It would be literally fist bumping (on citizens of org face).

I like Garrosh cause he's a weak bitch Orc we get to curbstomp forever in a raid instance.
    Hopefully he is solo able next xpac so I can come back as a shado-pan transmog'd pandaren monk and solo his face into the ground.

See I'm not happy to see him go because I hate him, I'm happy to see him go because I'm tired of him. He started out vaguely interesting, an orc living under the shadow of his father's legacy. Desperately trying to make up for the horrors that he left on Garrosh's shoulders, only to find out that he'd made up for it (somewhat) in the end. Then we get to Wrath and even in the pre-event they started him on the whole following in his father's footsteps thing. They could have done so much with him, or even built up to his fall so much more quietly, and they didn't. After that and up to now it's gotten even worse, he's become every cliche orc trait from warcraft 1 and 2.

I'm just so sick of the:"Rahhhh! Me big bad orc, me lie, cheat, and kill to get what me want and me kill you if you try and stop me!!!" at this point that he can't die quickly enough. My one fear is that they'll put Sylvanas in charge with her even more obvious "I'm becoming the thing I hated most" plotline.

I've always liked Garrosh. How he actually fares at leading the Horde has never concerned me--I don't need him to be a "good" or "bad" leader of a fictional organization, I just would like him to be interesting. And I did indeed find that orange megalomaniac interesting on many occasions.

I always figured the Horde needed someone like Garrosh--someone who is angry, prone to violence, crude yet clever and above all imperfect at his job. Since the Alliance/Horde war will never end (this being a MMO and such), Garrosh was the kind of character one would expect to keep that war going.