Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I LOVED the taste and smell, when I smoked... Not anymore though...
    I know quite a few smokers who love the smell of pipe/cigar tobacco and can't stand cigarettes.

Jews consider food that's isn't kosher, impure. They won't eat a milk product after meat product because it is said Do not cook a goat in his mother's milk!

Deleted
    So, the question remains: Why is pork still banned?
    I don't think there is a logical reason for it besides tradition.

It made sense not to eat them thousands of years ago, when pigs carried plenty of disease. But there is absolutely no reason not to eat them today.
    And I would accept tradition as a reason, but I think most muslims hide behind their religion.

And while we're at it, I think religious slaughter needs to go as well. It doesn't fit this modern world. So jews and muslims, please stop that as well. Sure it is a tradition, but there is no reason to make animals suffer like that anymore. And the worst part is, they're forcing their beliefs on western society as well. There are plenty of places that sell 'halal' meat for example, but it basically means the animal you're eating suffered while they chanted the name of their god. So when I see a western company giving in to these barbaric customs I choose to avoid the place entirely. I will not sponsor suffering like that, especially not in the name of some god I don't recognize.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those nature loving hippies. But I do agree with them on this thing.

Oh, and OP. I think the vast majority of muslims around the world simply aren't modern. They're like 500 years behind western society in certain aspects of their lives. So that could explain it.

Yeah, Halal/Kosher slaughter really needs to be outlawed. We need to minimize the suffering that slaughter animals face, not have them bleed out while still conscious.

Otherwise I don't mind people having religious traditions. But when their religious rites essentially torture the animal in its last moments, that needs to stop.

Both Jews and Muslims have banned pork for human consumption, but why?
    Be it religion or tradition, it doesn ' t matter why they do this. Ask this question again in say 1 - 2 generations where people should be somewhat educated (beyond just living in there 4 foot circle) even 3rd world nations. And they reply in short "religion or tradition" then these people were not meant to evolve, because really who does not love BACON. In turn why do we eat pork or any animal...simply because we can.

Also what the Bible did back then, the internet does now...information for who wishes to believe and follow it.
    Last edited by Warcraftarian; 2013-09-06 at 12:18 PM.

Why do you care?

Why capitalise modern?

I am not muslim nor jew yet choose to eat very little pork, because frankly they are unclean animals, they are offal eaters and cannibals.

Deleted
    because religion of any sort is pure win

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Then it can't be an intelligent person if he/she believes in a religion ^^
    you have a lot of growing up to do child.

OT
    Its religious reasons. Before those genius Athiests decide to insult us less mere non intelligent beings (yes that's their point of view).
    We believe in something, a Muslim believes in every word and revelation came down from God, for he is the creator. Who else knows us more? we are Humans, we make mistakes and we try and learn from them.

Both Muslims and Jews believe in god and god telling us amongst the things we are not to eat are pigs. We can question it, but not doubt it. We can try and find out why, but that doesn't mean god is wrong, to us it just means we have a lot of understanding to do. We may never know why, but that's fine.
    We can speculate, pig is dirty, some part of pigs have a close resemblance to humans, people found on an island near the Philippines that survived a ship wreck and had no food but were living off the dead said that the human flesh tasted like pork. The pigs have one of the fastest indigestion systems (takes 4 hours from when they eat till they shit it out, which means less time to go through a filtering system. I've even heard from people who believe that those who eat pig meat start to slowly look like one, or those who claim that those who have a lot of pig in their diet start losing important human emotions like (cant remember the actual word, jealousy over your wife/sister/husband..etc).

Who knows, like I said we're humans, it doesn't hurt to keep on trying to discover the reasons.
    The one thing that we do know, is that we can not eat pig (that's the answer, now it's time for us to come to that answer and find out why).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, Halal/Kosher slaughter really needs to be outlawed. We need to minimize the suffering that slaughter animals face, not have them bleed out while still conscious.

Otherwise I don't mind people having religious traditions. But when their religious rites essentially torture the animal in its last moments, that needs to stop.
    Halal has nothing to do with butchering them alive or bleeding them out while conscious. That's just tradition which has to stop. As for as I know, Islam forbids torture against any animal, well what you described up there is deffo a way to torture them. Yet Halal is not slaughtering them while they are alive. Tradition is a bitch.

About pork topic. I am living in a secular country whose majority of population believes in Islam (Turkey), yet I can find porkchops, bacon or that pork sausage whereever I want in Istanbul. We do have bacon burgers, pizzas with prosciutto and most of the things with pork in alot of decent restaurants. So yeah, I guess old habits die hard but we are getting there. As a matter of fact, I've been eating pork meat for last 15 years at least and there is no other red meat I would have instead of pork.

Yet we are the minority and it's still a taboo in most of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, how do you define "modern" muslim?
    I have several turkish colleagues here in Germany who are muslim, and they all eat pork. They celebrate christmas like we do, don't fall on the floor to pray at certain hours, drink beer, and their wives don't run around like a wandering carpet.
    So they seem to be just as "muslim" as I am "catholic", seeing churches only when someone marries or dies.

So I'd say modern muslims eat pork, and you are not talking about modern muslims.

If this isn't childesh religion bashing, than I'm either dealing with idiots or I'm right.
    I though religion bashing wasn't allowed on these forums...
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I though religion bashing wasn't allowed on these forums...
    Preaching isn't either (which your previous post basically boils down to).

So, the question remains: Why is pork still banned?
    Back in the day when people kept animals for slaughter everyone would see how pigs would rue in their own feces.
    It is disgusting and I am pretty sure if you went to eat an animal you wouldn't eat that one.
    This is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Méd View Post
    About pork topic. I am living in a secular country whose majority of population believes in Islam (Turkey), yet I can find porkchops, bacon or that pork sausage whereever I want in Istanbul. We do have bacon burgers, pizzas with prosciutto and most of the things with pork in alot of decent restaurants. So yeah, I guess old habits die hard but we are getting there. As a matter of fact, I've been eating pork meat for last 15 years at least and there is no other red meat I would have instead of pork.
    Yeah, Istanbul is a lot more "western" than the rest of the country. In particular the part of the city north of the Bosporus IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Méd View Post

Yet we are the minority and it's still a taboo in most of the country.
    This. Old habits die hard, I like pork aswell (Any kind of meat actually) But some of the people will look at you like you butchered 25 people if you eat pork. Religious people and their dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Preaching isn't either (which your previous post basically boils down to).
    Trust me son, it was hardly preaching, it was answering the OP's question.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Trust me son, it was hardly preaching, it was answering the OP's question.
    Yep.

Preaching is when someone initiates a discussion with some variation of "This is why my beliefs are right and yours are wrong". Simply attempting to set the record straight about what his/her beliefs are in a response to another is not "preaching", unless it diverges into the "this is why my beliefs are right and yours are wrong." I don't see that RoseRed did that.

Edit: @Rosered You're not by any chance Enclave or former Enclave, are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foodyboi View Post
    It's like Halal meat which is a facist idea that creates jobs for only muslim people.
    Or people who market to Muslim people?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, we don't allow religious discussion here. I'm sure you can turn up some answers elsewhere on the internet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |