Deleted

Demonology in 5.4

Hey guys, my friend just lvled lock atm and i wants to ask whichc spec should he play in 5.4? We have a casual group with 11/12 TOT on normal killed and we wants to now if demonology would be still viable in 5.4? This spec is his favourite atm. Personally I dont play warlock so I dont know which spec is good.

Sorry If I didnt used some other post for this, but i couldnt find anything "reliable" enough.
    Last edited by mmoc1dedbd2a5e; 2013-09-06 at 01:11 PM.

Probably affliction will be the best (with Demo being good on certain fights). Also I'd say he's doing something wrong if Demonology is his favorite spec :3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Probably affliction will be the best (with Demo being good on certain fights). Also I'd say he's doing something wrong if Demonology is his favorite spec :3.
    I think that's how it's going to work in general to be honest, each spec will perform best depending on encounter, but I think all three should perform decently all round for a casual group such as yours. Strategy will also have an impact obviously as well; sometimes you just have to do something your preferred spec simply isn't equipped for; this is why it's good to have a decent off-spec to cover those encounters.

Deleted
    Well he is just playing what he finds most fun atm and he isnt lacking with dps at all. He just wants to know if he should re-roll from demo to any other spec.

And i saw a lot of locks in top of dps in LFR, will they still be good in dps in 5.4 overall? I dont usually watch patch notes from PTR, so i rather ask.
    Last edited by mmoc1dedbd2a5e; 2013-09-06 at 02:05 PM.

Have him play which ever class he is most comfortable with; that will be his best dps.

Rather than asking for a handout, your friend should invest some time in learning the strengths and weaknesses of each spec and figuring it out on his own. I don't say this to be cruel, but rather, people improve by learning, not by blindly doing what others tell them to.

With the implementation of dual spec, there's no reason to play one spec all the time unless it's truly the best spec all the time. But seeing as the three warlock specs are so different, I highly doubt that's the case.

- One has great burst and cleave damage.
    - One has incredible single target damage, but suffers slightly on fights with lots of target switching.
    - One has great mobility and works well for high movement fights.

When you understand the specs this way, and understand the fights you're attempting, the "right" spec becomes obvious.

Again, I don't say this to beat your friend up. I would just encourage you both to improve via learning rather than begging.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Rather than asking for a handout, your friend should invest some time in learning the strengths and weaknesses of each spec and figuring it out on his own. I don't say this to be cruel, but rather, people improve by learning, not by blindly doing what others tell them to.

With the implementation of dual spec, there's no reason to play one spec all the time unless it's truly the best spec all the time. But seeing as the three warlock specs are so different, I highly doubt that's the case.

- One has great burst and cleave damage.
    - One has incredible single target damage, but suffers slightly on fights with lots of target switching.
    - One has great mobility and works well for high movement fights.

When you understand the specs this way, and understand the fights you're attempting, the "right" spec becomes obvious.

Again, I don't say this to beat your friend up. I would just encourage you both to improve via learning rather than begging.
    Don't see why his friend didn't ask himself but you don't have to be rude. I'm a bit lost myself to be honest.

I hate the idea that normal = casual as well. My guild raids a max of 6 hours a week. So in order for us to clear or get done early I have to do maximum DPS.

Play the spec you like isn't always the most viable. Doing more damage means less errors by the whole group.

Normal isn't hardcore but it isn't lfr casual either.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly3176 View Post
    Don't see why his friend didn't ask himself but you don't have to be rude. I'm a bit lost myself to be honest.

I hate the idea that normal = casual as well. My guild raids a max of 6 hours a week. So in order for us to clear or get done early I have to do maximum DPS.

Play the spec you like isn't always the most viable. Doing more damage means less errors by the whole group.

Normal isn't hardcore but it isn't lfr casual either.
    what is casual to you? because i have seen plenty of casual guild clearing heroic mode pretty fast.

if you ask me casuals means your not willing to spend hours and hours into the game. but it doesn't mean casuals should not try to get max dps.

if you ask me your more for a i want to relax and slack guild then a casual guild.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-09-08 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually roll with Demo 1st and Affli 2nd spec due to haste/mastery synergies, in means of DPS they are very close together. UVLS is mandatory for Demo imo and quite broken, have to see how it will work out after Normal SoO is cleared and ilvl rise to 560+.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    what is casual to you? because i have seen plenty of casual guild clearing heroic mode pretty fast.

if you ask me casuals means your not willing to spend hours and hours into the game. but it doesn't mean casuals should not try to get max dps.

if you ask me your more for a i want to relax and slack guild then a casual guild.
    To me casual is lfr, doesn't devote a lot of time to raid will probably get into flex or max of first few raid bosses.

To me my guild is somewhere above that we would have loved to get into heroic modes but we raid at 2am east. And with that get a pretty high turnover.

but time has noting to do with lfr or heroic. if you can schedule for normal raids you can also schedule for heroic. but normal is made average joe. people who do heroic are more skilled. but it doesn't automaticly means they spend hours and hours more into the game. it just means they are more skilled. the amount of dps difference of all warlock specs is not going to make it 1 hour faster.