Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[BrM] Stat weights 5.4

So what's changing for BrM in 5.4? I've already decided to switch to the tank meta gem and the tank legendary cloak.

For 25m, with the lower emphasis on damage and the reduced value of crit, does mastery become much more favorable?

I'm assuming that with the current tier's 4 pc bonus, I would siphon some crit into mastery. Then, when breaking the 4 pc, I'll have to put some more into haste. Right now I only have 4.5k haste. What's a good crit% to aim for in 25m 5.4 tier? A good haste? After that everything is going into mastery.

The 2pc bonus is nerfed in half, so having a more Mastery centric build will be beneficial. How beneficial I am unsure of because right now most all of us are using the DPS meta and will be switching to the tank metas/cloaks on day one. I would also shift more into haste and shoot for a 6-7k mark at least.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a 10m only BrM, what is everyone thinking will be ideal stat wise, and what about tank cloak vs dps cloak and which meta?

I've seen conflicting ideas and I'm curious what the PTR guys are thinking will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    For a 10m only BrM, what is everyone thinking will be ideal stat wise, and what about tank cloak vs dps cloak and which meta?

I've seen conflicting ideas and I'm curious what the PTR guys are thinking will work.
    Tank cloak and meta for progression. Then as things become farm, you can switch back for some extra dps.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

The vast majority are pushing for the tank cloak unless the fight is just a joke or unless you really need some specific dps requirement met. The meta is a bit fuzzier with a fair number of people in either camp. The tank cloak will, 100% of the time, proc when you really need it. It may not save you, you may just die a second later, but it's never going to proc when you're at 100% hp, 80% avodiance and such. The proc from the meta gem on the other hand has a pretty good chance to be 100% wasted when it procs, and unlike the RoRo mastery proc (for instance) it's not so insanely powerful that you'd actually ever alter play much around it.

That being said, it's really not an either or thing, it's a which for which fight. Especially the cape, gemmed and reforged correctly (out of exp on the tank one and into exp on the dps one) is easy to swap back and forth as needed. I know I for one have one helm setup heavy mastery and tank meta, one helm heavy crit and the dps meta and no accuracy stats on either.

On the other points:
    Haste is still pretty much the worst stat, though less so once you lose the 4pc. Having a little more wouldn't be bad though.
    However valuable you felt mastery was compared to crit, it is more valuable now. That is still a judgement call based on you, your healers, and the fight, but no one can argue that mastery hasn't gained points on crit with the nerf to 2t15, the mechanics of 4t16, harder hitting fights, and a reduction on vengeance and our damage.
    Last edited by lairpie; 2013-09-06 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah thank you sir.

Is the general idea still crit for 10m? I've been a little lazier than I'd like to admit on prepping for 5.4

Sorry I hijacked the thread btw
    Last edited by Art3x; 2013-09-06 at 04:33 PM.

My guild happens to run 10 man only and are never leading edge. As tank I am often top 10 unless dps has a modifier. Will I still need to stay dps focused or will we be taking more damage and I will need to be more tank focused?

Quote Originally Posted by Truefriend View Post
    My guild happens to run 10 man only and are never leading edge. As tank I am often top 10 unless dps has a modifier. Will I still need to stay dps focused or will we be taking more damage and I will need to be more tank focused?
    It will depend on your current gear, and playstyle. A few that tested on the PTR noted the bosses do hit relatively hard. As well, the nerf to the 2pc t15 will devalue crit to a degree.

If you notice your health spiking a lot, and healers complain about keeping you up, go more mastery. Otherwise, go crit.

My guild happens to run 10 man
    As tank I am often top 10
    I feel like you probably meant to not have that "10" in the second statement, lol.

But yah, you probably should like mastery more than you did, whether you like it enough to dump crit for mastery, there's just no answer right now that is going to be available until you do the fight yourself, and even then it is likely to change from fight to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    I'm assuming that with the current tier's 4 pc bonus, I would siphon some crit into mastery. Then, when breaking the 4 pc, I'll have to put some more into haste. Right now I only have 4.5k haste. What's a good crit% to aim for in 25m 5.4 tier? A good haste? After that everything is going into mastery.
    With T15 4p: Haste(4500)>Mastery+1>Haste
    Without 4p: Haste(6500)>Mastery+1>Haste
    I was running ~6500 before the T15 4p so going to assume that is where I will be comfortable again but hard to say since I'll be running with so much more mastery boosting viable PB events.

Looking at a 7 kill night I was proc'ing Purifier once very 51 seconds on average. +1 Chi/min = ~2500 haste if I remember right so adding about 2k to my current rating should more or less compensate for the 4p loss.

Will be using RoRo w/ Mastery+Crit balanced but could go all out mastery for another +5% but I think I'm good since I'm also switching to the tank meta/cloak. So this is current setup:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/rikimu
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

You are right. I meant that I am top dps while main tanking. Often out healing a healer as well. We've not gotten far enough to get 2 tier piece either even with the whole raid over 522 ~ilvl.

Were other tanks finding they were top dps on many fights or is my raid just that bad?

Were other tanks finding they were top dps on many fights or is my raid just that bad?
    Yeah, I was the top damager most of our first kills, even if I'm not anymore. (13/13-25)
    Jinrock - top
    horridon - top, but that's not entirely fair to the dps
    council - top
    tortos - last (kiting bats, which most brms were because i got a pretty high ranked parse at 14k dps on our kill)
    megara - middle of the pack i think, not sure
    jikun - top 5, only lost to the 4 people that full time whored the dps buff, of which I got none.
    durumu - was ww for our kill, but I was the top damager by far for most of our progression when i was tanking. Had the other tank tanking for the kill because people kept standing in my keg smash and dying from the eye damage redirect
    Primordius - towards the bottom-middle, but that's sort of a goofy comparison fight
    DA - low, but not really relevant. Would dominate in some strats, but we didn't do it that way.
    IQ - top by a landslide
    TC - top
    Lei shen - played my dk for grips but would have been first as a monk
    raden - lol top

i imagine most monks have a similar story, likely as the top damagers on DA and Lei shen as well.

yeah I'm top DPS in pretty much every fight. With the 5.4 changes and going 25m I think I have to give that up I have RoRo but I don't really like it very much.

Surreal: what do you mean by mastery+ 1? Yeah I was running a bit higher haste before...7kish. So I guess keep crit/mastery balanced then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Surreal: what do you mean by mastery+ 1? Yeah I was running a bit higher haste before...7kish. So I guess keep crit/mastery balanced then?
    Right Mastery 1 point above Crit (or as close as you can get it). Unlike Daught I'll be going into 25m heroics with more gear so doubt I'll need a full mastery build so balancing mastery vs crit to get the highest proc while still retaining a nice amount of crit seems like a good balance for me. I could get ~5% more mastery if needed but switching to tank meta/leg will be another survival increase over my T15 gearing.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Caeth, RoRo takes your stats other than your top stat, doubles them, and then converts them into your top stat. So to get the maximum amount of mastery possible, you want your second best stat to be as close to your top stat as possible since your second best stat will be doubled. To illustrate:

9k mastery, 8999 crit, 5000 haste. RoRo proc would take 8999+5000=13999, double that to 27998, and add that with your mastery for 36998 mastery total.

But if you stacked mastery, it'd be like:

12999k mastery, 5000 crit, 5000 haste. RoRo proc would be 5000+5000=10000x2=20000 added on to master for a total of 22999 mastery.

Thus you can see with the same number of stats, you get a lot more of your top stat by keeping your second best stat as close to the top one as possible.

yeah I'm top DPS in pretty much every fight. With the 5.4 changes and going 25m I think I have to give that up I have RoRo but I don't really like it very much.
    The 5.4 changes are a pretty small dps nerf unless you were doing a lot of stuff like standing in fire to do more damage. You generate 83% as much vengeance, but the bosses hit significantly harder so you're starting with a higher damage taken. Nerfing keg smash almost feels like a buff sometimes because it will be physically possible to tank less than 100% of a trash pack, but on a single target fight, it only comes out to around a 3% dps nerf (just the keg smash nerf, not the scaling changes). On top of that you have the scaling changes making our abilities do more damage at low damage and less at high vengeance. Overall it's a nerf, but even piling on a lot of mastery I expect to be the top damager a lot.

Unfortunately, for the sake of heroic progression, we stopped doing Lei Shen after about 8-10 kills so we could do more attempts. Hard to schedule time when you only raid like 8hrs a week. =\

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    With T15 4p: Haste(4500)>Mastery+1>Haste
    Without 4p: Haste(6500)>Mastery+1>Haste
    I was running ~6500 before the T15 4p so going to assume that is where I will be comfortable again but hard to say since I'll be running with so much more mastery boosting viable PB events.

Looking at a 7 kill night I was proc'ing Purifier once very 51 seconds on average. +1 Chi/min = ~2500 haste if I remember right so adding about 2k to my current rating should more or less compensate for the 4p loss.

Will be using RoRo w/ Mastery+Crit balanced but could go all out mastery for another +5% but I think I'm good since I'm also switching to the tank meta/cloak. So this is current setup:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/rikimu
    Honestly, I still don't see the need for any more haste than i currently have, ~4300 right now. Even with the loss of 4T15. I'll be going mastery with RoRo and crit as close behind as I can get, but I feel like the increased mastery will offset the need for the ~2k more haste honestly. But we have tons of reforge mounts and JCs in raid so swapping will take no longer than a couple minutes at most to change.

Here's what I'll probably be starting the tier with Surreal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emonk/advanced

Less than 200 stats apart from crit and mastery. With RoRo proc'd I'll have ~41883 mastery. Then add on the 20% from shuffle and 25% from fort brew whenever it's up.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-09-08 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Less than 200 stats apart from crit and mastery. With RoRo proc'd I'll have ~41883 mastery. Then add on the 20% from shuffle and 25% from fort brew whenever it's up.
    Not sure where those #'s come from. I can proc 30.Xk mastery + 40% base/shuffle. I proc ~90% shuffle after fixing my ring reforge.
    [/URL]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it crit+haste=doubled to find what RoRo will proc added to the mastery you have currently?