Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yes?
    If you are the least knowledgeable you will know the vast majority are tricked here by their own countrymen who abuse the system to pick berries or some other absymal industry.
    Would you take the entire non-swedish workforce and state that even 2% are abused?
    Doubt you would.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Labor issues when like 50% of immigrants are without a job and some groups peaking as high as 82%? Not to mention there's a general unemployment rate close to 9% in Sweden now, exactly how do we need them. Do we need them to add to an even higher unemployment rate or something?
    Those numbers take into account people still in high school. Now we can take those into account, but did you work while in high school? I did work some, monday nights at my local ICA and some weekends, but I was the only one in my friend circle that regularly worked during school terms.

If we exclude people still in high school we get unemployment numbers of 6.49%. One year ago that number was 6.54%. So it's droping.
    Even when seasonally adjusted we see that unemployment has declined in Sweden.

If we look at youth unemployment there is also posetive stats.

As always youth unemployment peaks in June, when students are done in universities for the semester. Then it drops back in July as the students starts their summer jobs. Now unemployment in the age range 20 - 24 were lower in July 2013, amidst an economic recession and European debt crisis, than it was during the Social Democrat government with Göran Persson back in 2005, and that was at the height of an economic boom. Unemployment among people aged 20 - 24 was 9.75% July this year compared to 22.10% in July 2005.

Our current government has done a great job as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-09-09 at 01:36 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Our current government has done a great job as far as I'm concerned.
    I most certainly don't agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Now we can take those into account, but did you work while in high school?
    Yes, at a local grocery store. Only way to be able to pay rent.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-09-09 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Russia's a pretty clear example. If you eliminate a single region (North America), you can add the UK, as well, at least.

What you're seeing is normal behaviour for any superpower.
    Which is why it's perfectly normal for the rest of the world to be pissed at superpowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Which is why it's perfectly normal for the rest of the world to be pissed at superpowers.
    Good for them. It doesn't amount to anything other than jealousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Since when does sober assessment of abuse of power mean jealousy? Oh right, that's your interpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Since when does sober assessment of abuse of power mean jealousy? Oh right, that's your interpretation.
    "Sober assessments" that bitch about 'right' and 'morality' in international contexts are not sober assessments in the least.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Sober assessments" that bitch about 'right' and 'morality' in international contexts are not sober assessments in the least.
    So when Obama talks about "moral responsibility to act" and "acts that degrade human decency" he is full of shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So when Obama talks about "moral responsibility to act" and "acts that degrade human decency" he is full of shit?
    I like to think so, yes.

I like to think so, yes.
    He is definitely full of shit. Though he is correct in the spirit of america.

But as far as him personally, def agree.

EDIT: Misspelled full , def to drunk to be posting.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2013-09-09 at 07:59 AM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure jealousy is the right word, it would imply a desire to be like or possess the quality of the target of some envy. In this case it implies being envious of being what? Unable to realize 16 year old refugees from Iraq do not constitute a security risk in every job function (would not be in a position during an internship (?) to be a security risk even if they wanted to.) That some people would never be in a position that would mandate terminating contracts with companies should they work with these people? Why would people envy your policies being so stringent that they are silly? Some of us have the EU for that anyhow, if we want absurd policies written by incompetent monkeys we need not envy you, we have it.

Deleted
    I like to think so, yes.
    So, in your opinion, being possibilist and realistic, and being aware of the complicated morality of the matter and the possible unintended consequences, is being full of shit.

And while there's a share of actual jealousy in the attitude to superpowers, you are mistaken glossing over the disgust over being forced into unequal relationships. And that's bound to cause more backlash than mere jelousy, which only compels to sit and whine.

the only one to blame in this case is the school or the one who started a collaboration with an industry without checking if there was a limitation on who can be taken into and who not.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Yes, at a local grocery store. Only way to be able to pay rent.
    You parents got that responsibility untill you graduate, it's a parental duty, once you are done they can and should expect you to pay your own way though. And if you lived away from home to go to school you could have applied for "Inackorderingsbidrag" from CSN.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-09-09 at 10:00 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Update in the case:

http://www.thelocal.se/20140528/us-r...edish-watchdog

A Swedish engine company risks a $75,000 fine for telling an Iraqi-born high school student he could not intern with them, because it put them at odds with US export rules.

The boy was enrolled in an industrial technology programme at a high school in Trollhättan, western Sweden, which incorporates internships as a major component of the pupils' education. The 16-year-old was all set to intern at a company that manufactures parts of airplane engines, but just before the start of the autumn term last year, he was told he could not start his internship.

The company said US export rules meant they could not take on the boy, who was born in Iraq.

On Wednesday, Sweden's Discrimination Ombudsman (Diskrimineringsombudsmannen - DO) found that the boy had been discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, and it will now take the case to court.

"As the company denied the boy an internship by making direct reference to his ethnic origin, rather than making an individual assessment, I find that he has been discriminated," case work Agneta Broberg said in statement.

"A company cannot refer to international rules for export control to break Swedish discrimination law," she added.

The ombudsman's office will take the company to a labour tribunal, where it will argue that it should pay damages to the tune of half a million Swedish kronor ($75,000).

Penalties for discrimination were made more severe in 2009, in order to act as a greater deterrent, the ombudsman's office notes on its website.
    So, they established that it's against Swedish law to do that.

Now, the impacts of this will be interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-05-28 at 06:13 PM.

Update in the case:

http://www.thelocal.se/20140528/us-r...edish-watchdog

So, they established that it's against Swedish law to do that.

Now, the impacts of this will be interesting to say the least.
    Is the case about him not getting an internship or not getting a place at the school because he couldn't intern at the company?

They could cut ties with the school, eat the fines and continue on, stop doing business with the US (unlikely), or move their operations out of sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    RIP School's partnership
    Could surely stretch beyond that, with other things, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congress won't do shit. Sorry Sweeden but if our Congress was competant I'd say sorry.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi