View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

    225 17.07%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

    446 33.84%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

    320 24.28%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

    236 17.91%
  • Other

    91 6.90%
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
LastLast
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well Wow been losing revenue every quarter while COD and Skylanders are making it hand over fist
    Not really sure what your point is? WoW is still in the green. So long as it's bringing in more than it costs to produce there's no problem as far as investors are concerned.

  2. #782
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Not really sure what your point is? WoW is still in the green. So long as it's bringing in more than it costs to produce there's no problem as far as investors are concerned.
    I was debunking the myth activision blizzard is making all of its money off wow

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Oh I never said it was not healthy I was merely pointing out that the amount of the amount of profit wow is generating is less every quarter
    Ignoring the fact that only GTA and COD for this year's launch made more money than 9 year old WoW is rather telling.

    Also 2013 did not have a new expansion, so the total revenue of 2014 will probably beat 1 billion dollars again.

    If not do enjoy the new money streams of HS and Blizzard's dota in that year.

    Lost cause.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    LMFAO give it up....conspiracy theorists unite when its not as bad as people thought hahahahahaha....typical doomsday sayers.
    Give what up? It is a typical PR scheme. Instead of 2 bad quarters back to back, which could cause stocks to have issues.
    They make it look like one is just ok, and then they had just slow/bad one.
    (and say in the next meeting they expected a slow Q4 and are going to be releasing an expansion soon 'so don't worry')
    This has nothing to do with wow failing or any such thing - it is doing amazing for its age.
    Looks like management just tried to pad their numbers to have a good quarter.
    Quit making assumptions on peoples intentions.

    -if people activate the free 7 days at the end of Sept. they would have been active accounts.
    Free time is the same as Pre-paid time.

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    -if people activate the free 7 days at the end of Sept. they would have been active accounts.
    Free time is the same as Pre-paid time.
    No it isn't. They specifically say it isn't.

  6. #786
    or how about as is stated...trials and free accounts do not count towards active subs lol....its not guessing your intention...you are bringing to the table falsities and trying to draw the links when in actuality there is no links to draw from it. Meaning you are ignoring facts due to an agenda you are trying to push. lol

  7. #787
    I was expecting alot bigger hit.
    Damn Blizzard, goodjob.
    With f2p cardgame, moba and new expansions for WoW and Diablo they seem to have strong year ahead of them when it comes to making money.

  8. #788
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I was debunking the myth activision blizzard is making all of its money off wow
    Who said 'all of its money'?
    WoW is still a gigantic part of their income, they are not just going to cut it loose because someone on the forum QQ's about the game.

  9. #789
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohveli View Post
    I was expecting alot bigger hit.
    Damn Blizzard, goodjob.
    With f2p cardgame, moba and new expansions for WoW and Diablo they seem to have strong year ahead of them when it comes to making money.
    Indeed.

    And that's why these "discussions" are useless as Blizzard has many more money streams in the pipeline than WoW subscriptions.

    So "financially" this subscription focus lost its interest now that WoW is just a part of it all.

    And player wise ... these discussions are complete OBSOLETE as connected realms solve the empty realms/weak economies forever.

    So tell me haters, why the fuzz ?

    sigh: another bunch of frustrated guys putting up a green smile I guess tonight...

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

    sigh: another bunch of frustrated guys putting up a green smile I guess tonight...
    A lot of them on this thread, were really excited for today because they assumed huge losses. Now they have to wait till next quarter, because all that work was for nothing because the loss was insignificant (1.3%)

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Sorry I am on mmo-Champion not Wow-Champion

    - - - Updated - - -



    Pretty much and why would he make a thread 2 mo away, it's kinda what he does trys to make threads to cause a shit storm
    mmo-champ was made for wow hints why 98% of their coverage is wow related lol

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The difference here is that this dude bought masses of ATVI stock at 12 and 13 dollars a few years back.

    Enjoy your games, I'll profit both ways anyway.
    its trading at 16.90 atm. Thats pathetic return if by a few years, you mean more than 3
    But dont let me ruin your parade of tens of dollars in profit.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-11-07 at 12:21 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    its trading at 16.90 atm. Thats pathetic return if by a few years, you mean more than 3
    ATVI's returns are consistent with the S&P 500 during the last 2 years. It is no where close to being a "pathetic return", in fact, it is really good.

  14. #794
    I am surprised it was that low, I guessed over 1 million originally and that it would be under 5 million by end of year 4th quarter. It is a casual's casual game now that's for sure.

  15. #795
    The calm before the storm. Q4 will be very nasty.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The calm before the storm. Q4 will be very nasty.
    You also said, they would be at 7 million subs after today's earnings call. So you are no Ms. Cleo.

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    You also said, they would be at 7 million subs after today's earnings call. So you are no Ms. Cleo.
    Subscription numbers are really random look at the past 2 years. It's only a prediction.

  18. #798
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Subscription numbers are really random look at the past 2 years. It's only a prediction.
    It's not really thát random.
    New patch: Hardly any losses.
    'Bad' or old patch: Many losses.

  19. #799
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Subscription numbers are really random look at the past 2 years. It's only a prediction.
    I smell excuses. Not saying I disagree with you thinking Q4 will have a larger sub drop, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's not really thát random.
    New patch: Hardly any losses.
    'Bad' or old patch: Many losses.
    I'm sure sub losses are a little more complicated than you think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •