Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Actually I don't get the Diablo hate. I had a good time playing it.
    There you have it. You HAD a good time playing it. If it was as great as Diablo 2, I for example, would still play it regularly. It might not be fair, but I expect a Diablo title to last for several years like the predecessors.

I think I'm going to change my answer to as 5.9 Million sub increase.

One of the biggest reasons people leave is empty servers. Mergers are a good idea, but going too slowly.

I used to play on a mid-size server, 45K alliance, 20K horde. Horde side has always been dead. Alliance side became dead during Cata/MOP. I quit as raid guilds died, xferred, etc. I am worried they may never merge my server as it is not one of the deadest servers.

Blizzard has been in denial of the problem, by the time they admit it, they are now too slow to fix it. At this snail pace, they won't have any subs by the time they complete server mergers.

So, tomorrow it is. I mantain my prediction, around 500k loss.

620k sub loss.

But the REAL problem will be the next 3 quarters when there is no content.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand why people even care, lmao. This thread pops up probably 20 times every year and it's filled with the same people who quit WoW, for some reason waste their time complaining about it, and even weirder... wish Blizzard fails.

I'm unsure who has the problem here.

OT: You shouldn't care at all the amount of sub loss/gain. If you enjoy a game, play it. If you do not enjoy a game, don't.

I wonder, does my -1 sub count this quarter or next? My account lost playtime 6 weeks ago, but I have not logged on in 7 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people even care, lmao. This thread pops up probably 20 times every year and it's filled with the same people who quit WoW, for some reason waste their time complaining about it, and even weirder... wish Blizzard fails.
    The game has been out for almost a decade, virtually everybody quit at one point, deal with it? Blizzard has a big market in MMOs, so they will always be of interest to me. I will watch Blizzcon without being a sub or player of any of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    I wonder, does my -1 sub count this quarter or next? My account lost playtime 6 weeks ago, but I have not logged on in 7 months.

- - - Updated - - -

The game has been out for almost a decade, virtually everybody quit at one point, deal with it?
    This call is about July 1st-September 30th.

It counts if you have a subscription active, doesn't matter if you log in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    This call is about July 1st-September 30th.
    I know that

Technically, I had an active game-time during this quarter (ended Aug 30th), but I have not logged in 1 single time this quarter or last.. That is my question. DO I count as a sub tomorrow?

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for 500k-1m.

Although I heard anecdotes of people coming back this patch due to the Orgrimmar raid, none of the old friends on my friends list have reactivated their accounts. I personally know several people who have quit recently as well.

I guess there is a chance that the sub loss is less than 500k, but I'd be quite surprised if that's the case.

And somehow, the last couple years of dropping subs haven't convinced Blizzard that a significant number of people aren't drawn to the current storylines, among other things. Heh.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The game has been out for almost a decade, virtually everybody quit at one point, deal with it? Blizzard has a big market in MMOs, so they will always be of interest to me. I will watch Blizzcon without being a sub or player of any of their games.
    Played for 8 years never took a break so I am not virtually everybody, and you didnt answer the question as to why "YOU" care?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I know that

Technically, I had an active game-time during this quarter (ended Aug 30th), but I have not logged in 1 single time this quarter or last.. That is my question. DO I count as a sub tomorrow?
    Maybe if you read my whole post instead only the first line?

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post

I'm unsure who has the problem here.

OT: You shouldn't care at all the amount of sub loss/gain. If you enjoy a game, play it. If you do not enjoy a game, don't.
    For me it is just a curiosity and I do find it interesting to speculate, but there are always going to be that bunch of people with an axe to grind and the false dichotomy of "see sub loss if they just took away flying mounts this would have never happened" and such.

I know that

Yes, this is info for shareholders. If you are contributing money to them for a subscription, then you are counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Actually I don't get the Diablo hate. I had a good time playing it.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Mostly, it was people expecting something that was more like Diablo2 and less like Gauntlet. D3 made one hell of a gauntlet game. Without gear choices, talent trees, ability boosting gear, usable skill variety, a compelling well written story, a smooth difficulty progression, randomly generated maps, or something new to the series; it felt like less of a game than it should have.
    D3 was better than D2 in every one of those respects.

And D3 was about as close to D2 as is possible without actually releasing a game that looks like it was made in 2001.

Personally I think Diablo games are simply not that appealing to a lot of gamers because at their core they are Roguelikes and that's pretty niche. And a LOT of people who used to play D2 do NOT remember that game accurately, their tastes have changed and the game market is very different now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes, this is info for shareholders. If you are contributing money to them for a subscription, then you are counted.
    But I can return to WoW and use that unused wasted time again via a petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Same here.

D3 was better than D2 in every one of those respects.

And D3 was about as close to D2 as is possible without actually releasing a game that looks like it was made in 2001.

Personally I think Diablo games are simply not that appealing to a lot of gamers because at their core they are Roguelikes and that's pretty niche. And a LOT of people who used to play D2 do NOT remember that game accurately, their tastes have changed and the game market is very different now.
    D3 didn't have randomly generated maps.
    D3's story was pulled from He Man. D2 had almost no story, which would have been an improvement.
    D3 had three stages of no difficulty followed by one that was much harder, that isn't smooth difficulty progression.
    D3 had one set of optimal stats for every build.
    D3 had a wealth of throw away abilities, just like it's predecessor.

Better in every way? Who are you kidding?

D3's story was pulled from He Man. D2 had almost no story, which would have been an improvement.
    D3 had three stages of no difficulty followed by one that was much harder, that isn't smooth difficulty progression.

Better in every way? Who are you kidding?
    They also think that their anecdotal experience applies to everyone.
    "I enjoyed D3, so therefore everyone who liked D2 over D3 did not remember the game accurately."

That sounds so pretentious. Its a everyone else is wrong, I am right mentality. It breeds ignorance and stupidity.
    Chronomancer Club

Yeah it did. And D2's randomly generated maps weren't very random either, I used to just follow an edge in a certain direction and skip through 90% of Act II...

None of the previous Diablos had much in the way of story, people seem to be expecting Planescape: Torment or something, if you want super complex stories then Diablo isn't the game for you and never was. D3 had the most complex story of all three and expanded the Diablo universe significantly. Maybe you don't like it, but that's just personal taste.

D2 was piss easy until Hell, at which point 1/4 of all monsters became completely immune to whatever type of damage you used.

Well, some monsters were OP on Nightmare as well, notably Duriel vs. certain classes.

D3 had much better difficulty progression than D2. And Inferno was actually legitimately hard, which was a huge improvement.

Er, unlike the stats in D2 where you got enough STR to use your endgame gear (because getting STR to use armour as a Sorc was just awesome) and then just pumped your main stat? Unless you did PVP and then maybe you needed VIT instead...

D2's stat system was primitive. Only acceptable because it was 2001 or whenever.

A handful of shitty ones, even the sub-par ones you could make exotic builds out of. In D2 you picked one ability and just spammed it until you ran out of mana, then you chugged a potion. That had no CD lol.

Please don't try to tell me that was a better design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    They also think that their anecdotal experience applies to everyone.
    "I enjoyed D3, so therefore everyone who liked D2 over D3 did not remember the game accurately."

That sounds so pretentious. Its a everyone else is wrong, I am right mentality. It breeds ignorance and stupidity.
    No, I say that because all the specific things people cite as being inferior to D2 are demonstrably better in D3.

Ten years = complete memory wipe IMO.

If you don't like D3, that's cool. You don't have to like the things I like. I scratch my head when people point out specifics that are just blatantly wrong though.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-11-06 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.