View Poll Results: Who will win the grand finals??

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • SK Telecom T1

38 74.51%
  • Royal Club

13 25.49%
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Royal totally lost their confidence and morale after game 1 and game 2, you can see it from the way they play. That super aggressive team was playing timidly and unsure of their next moves. Plus Tabe and Godlike kept getting caught out and ganked in the jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    They won't; Jax isn't OP, Trinity Force was OP. I think the only complaint that can come from the Finals this year was it was the patch with stupid Trinity Force so Corki and Jax were just stupid. The only major thing Royal did wrong was banning Vi and not Jax; game one okay but make them BEAT you with Vi instead of just getting stomped by Jax constantly.
    Yea trinity force alone made Corki relevant when he was practically mia in the whole run up to S3 worlds.

The ban against Vi was actually target against Faker and not bengi, because Bengi on Vi will just help Faker to assasinate people as you can see from their earlier plays. but bengi is truly underrated, every jungler he plays he sure seems to make his presence felt.

Not only that but Vi is also the anti strategy to the typical "protect the uzi strategy"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Jax was always a champion that becomes a beast if allowed to farm. Royal just didn't bother with shutting him down hard in the first two games, and then when they picked Kennen to shutdown Jax they got lane swapped because they didn't have any deep wards.
    I think that Godlike is really only good at Renekton and Shen, he doesn't seem to play other top heroes well.
    Last edited by mrpoker; 2013-10-05 at 06:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe 3 analysts took Royal over SKT1 before the series started.

Weird thing is Faker might get MVP because of his fame, but piglet, impact and bengi carried real hard in this series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I can't believe 3 analysts took Royal over SKT1 before the series started.
    I think they were just playing the other side of the coin to make discussions interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost a bit sad there won't be anymore LoL esports for another 4 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    My biggest question, as I can't remember last year, is when ranked queues close and reopen again.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Not LCS, but i'm pretty sure there is some stuff going on in the Asian scene before then. Though I could be completely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    My biggest question, as I can't remember last year, is when ranked queues close and reopen again.
    If I remember correctly, season 3 started around the end of November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 ends October 30th. We should get a pre-season patch then too, but if not rankings will definitely be reset to some degree.

The WCG are soon, and part of the challenger series/S4 qualifiers begin in December I'm pretty sure. It's not LCS teams but it's still good stuff to watch. Won't be that long =p

edit - I know IEM NY on Oct. 10 won't be having any league, but it will probably be at Singapore in November also.
    Last edited by cherb; 2013-10-05 at 07:12 AM.

winter season for OGN is coming up shortly XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Correct me i'm wrong, but isn't SKT similar to C9 in the sense that they were newly formed teams made up of the best challenger players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    winter season for OGN is coming up shortly XD
    Yeah guess that was my bad, I know very little about the Asian LoL scene :|

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Correct me i'm wrong, but isn't SKT similar to C9 in the sense that they were newly formed teams made up of the best challenger players?
    they picked up Piglet impact and faker from solo Q scene (i think it was those 3), they did have a bit of trouble adjusting as team during spring but they worked hard and got the whole team rolling in summer where they became just unstoppable

Very boring finals. SKT was clearly better.

The whole problem is the single elimination tournament style that Riot uses for their playoffs and finals. Basically there is one winner with 7 teams in 2nd place with a whole lot of luck going into the final placements after an actually fair season.

TSM got 2nd place over Vulcan which they obviously did not deserve because of this stupid system, and Royal got into the actual finals which they also did not deserve. It is just not fun to watch, if anything it is frustrating.

Gz to SKT though, they really are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's that time of year again where we get to enjoy silly things. League of Cleavers was a pretty awesome time though.
    League of cleavers was my favourite time of S3 especially as i play bruisers, along with league of warmogs later.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Yea trinity force alone made Corki relevant when he was practically mia in the whole run up to S3 worlds.
    That's the sad thing about trinity force ... they will nerf it because of bruisers and as collateral damage Corki will be weak again. Such fun champ to play.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to try to incite any flaming, but did anyone think that Valve spoiled spectators with TI3, and people carried those expectations to the S3 World Championship, and therefore were left disappointed? Riot didn't bother to use soundproof booths for another consecutive year, the post-match celebration was almost non-existent, and the Grand Finals were a one-sided stomp.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Not to try to incite any flaming, but did anyone think that Valve spoiled spectators with TI3, and people carried those expectations to the S3 World Championship, and therefore were left disappointed? Riot didn't bother to use soundproof booths for another consecutive year, the post-match celebration was almost non-existent, and the Grand Finals were a one-sided stomp.
    i didnt really see the whole background dota finals (i did watch it though) so no idea what valve did with TI3

but i do agree that some people are geting wayyyy too much hope for this tournament

sure riot's tournament bracket system has its fault but thats how the some tournaments work you know TO SEE WHO IS THE BEST, not some "i wanna see team A vs team B QQ"

i honestly didnt expect a total stomp on game 3 but royal did made alot of mistakes like they did vsing fnatic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Not really. I watched TI3 in the client, so I saw none of the post-match celebration. Last match was done and that was the end of it for me. The items were random and could only be won if you had that teams banner on display.

Hate all you want on the lack of soundproof booths, but I bet those players are on top of the world when they heard the crowd cheering for them. It's like any other sports match. They don't stick the players in a soundproof field and say go, they play in a stadium where the charged atmosphere helps push players to do their best so the crowd can cheer for them. Of course it can work the opposite way but, IMO, it's easier to get off tilt in a game if you do a good thing and get a cheer for it. It's a huge confidence booster and can make for some interesting comebacks.

You can't control how well a team will play. Royal is a damn good team. They earned their spot in the finals, just like SKT did. Royal just did not do enough research and let key picks through. The Zed getting through in the second game was a huge mistake, even if it didn't have much impact till later in the game. Same with the Lee Sin, after seeing the plays Bengi has been making all month on him. They also continually allowed Impact to play Jax and had no answer for it. Royal was unprepared, and against SKT you can't do that.

I would have liked to see a losers bracket, so teams like C9 who get a bye don't just play a single series and leave when they lose. That just sucks for the fans and the team. It also extends the tournament. Season 1 had that format, so I don't know why they dropped it. It would have also given teams like Fnatic a chance at redemption (and us a chance to watch more awesome games like the FNC vs. RC series).