View Poll Results: Should Nintendo stop making consoles and just make games

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 47.06%
  • No

9 52.94%

Should Nintendo stop making consoles and just do games?

Gonna be bit of a divide here, but in my childhood, my favourite kind of games were on Nintendo 64/Gamecube. It seems after the wii, they have just switched markets to the more family kind of audience.

Basically, what i am trying to say is, i think Nintendo would reach out to a much larger audience if they just sold on Xbox/Playstation. No one wants to fork out to buy the Wii 'Flop' U just to play Mario Kart 8

I don't really have an opinion whether they should or not, but regardless, I dunno how likely that'd be anyway. They've been there since the beginning (Granted, so was Sega and look what happened there), and neither Sony or Microsoft is really catering to the whole 'motion gaming' thing Nintendo's pretty fond of in recent years (Unless the Xbox One's kinect actually works well).

To be frank, I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to play Mario Kart or SSBU on an Xbone or PS4, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. It doesn't seem to be Nintendo's style to drop out due to one console's shortcomings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their handheld consoles are still the best in the market.
    I think the problem is nintendo in general.
    They have what... 4 IPs to work with? Everything else gets poor reception regarding them.
    Now don't get me wrong, they do great things with those 4 IPs, but they have no innovation to try and invest into other things, and then they fall back even further. Sure the Wii had that *health* aspect, but that faded fast, and now the WiiU is one of the biggest jokes out.

They should do 3DS/etc + games solely for that, and then invest their own IPs and sell them via Sony and Microsoft.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    They should do 3DS/etc + games solely for that, and then invest their own IPs and sell them via Sony and Microsoft.
    Thats a great point, forgot to mention, i think they in a fine place with the hand held consoles now, as they are clearly ruling the roost here

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting so far, would be really good to look into a glass ball and see where Nintendo are at 10 years time. Yes the Wii sold amazingly well, but at the same time as i said, to a different market

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    They have what... 4 IPs to work with? Everything else gets poor reception regarding them.
    Now don't get me wrong, they do great things with those 4 IPs, but they have no innovation to try and invest into other things, and then they fall back even further. Sure the Wii had that *health* aspect, but that faded fast, and now the WiiU is one of the biggest jokes out.
    This is kind of true. They need to start developing new IPs, and become more third-party friendly. The only third party title exclusive to them I've ever been into was Harvest Moon, and that series has largely been milked dry by now.

Deleted
    hmm i got the feeling i have seen this thread already..