Question about Blood Elfs and Secondary Professions...

Hello all. I am a long time WoW player and I am looking into some Role Playing. I am new at this but I am role playing a female blood elf mage. Now I do plan on doing taking some professions (Enchanting/Tailoring) as it seems to fit a female blood elf well, atleast in my opinon. But then I get to secondary professions and wonder, would a blood really cook, fish and do archaeology? I could see first aid but the others I am not sure. I just don't picture a blood elf mage throwing a line in the water and slapping some fish on the grill right there. I could be wrong but figure I would ask. I do plan on doing some LFR when I eventually get to max level but I don't think I need cooking, fishing or archaeology. But again correct me if im wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously there's no limits and there would be nothing wrong with roleplaying a mage that does like to do those things. But in general, I probably wouldn't imagine a mage fishing. Perhaps cooking, I could maybe see a mage wanting to do that if they got bored of mana cakes. I definitely could imagine a mage, especially a blood elf mage taking up archaeology, in fact that's what the Reliquary, the Horde equivalent to the Explorer's Guild, is comprised of, Blood Elf mages searching for lost magical artifacts.

And you're right, you don't need any secondary profession to raid, especially not LFR.

hmm very good point. I guess I could maybe see cooking as well. I just figure blood elfs, especially blood elf mages would have servants and what not to do the petty stuff like cooking hehe. Thank you for the response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaelogy is definitely the way forward. The Reliquary is a fleshed-out organisation with plenty of room for improvisation and player-motivated additions.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Profession-wise, Jewelcrafting/Alchemy and Enchanting seems more fitting for a Blood Elf (to me, but Tailoring can do just fine as well.) - for main professions. Now, secondary. Blood Elves are divided in castes, you got the 'upper' echelons (the Magisters), and then the rest - Blood Knights, Farstriders and the standard soldiers and citizens, etc. Magisters will definitely have their magic, or their servants do things for them, while the others, Blood Knights/Farstriders/soldiers, will probably need to be doing their own work for food.

First Aid is something logically even for a Mage of the Blood Elves to take. Archaeology is by far your most 100% certain, guaranteed profession for Blood Elves, especially since the Horde-equivalent of the Explorer's League is the Reliquary, made of solely Blood Elves. Now, back to Cooking/Fishing, every character can be unique - perhaps your mage doesn't mind getting his or her hands dirty.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Yet another good point made! I chose tailoring since my mage preferred to weave her own robes and enchanting for the obvious reasons. Archaelogy I will pick up soon as I hit lvl 20. I have decided to take up cooking on her however she has no desire to "fish". Ill save that for another toon hehe. Thanks everyone again for the very well made points!

*edit*
    On not choosing Jewelcrafting and Alchy. My mage didn't want to go out and mine or gather herbs. And I can assume I guess on not wanting to get her hands dirty even for Arch she surveys where the artifacts are and has others dig for her. Or servants I should say.
    Last edited by FokusDave; 2013-09-08 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted
    I would probably do archeology but not fishing or cooking as you dont really need to as a mage, you congure it up soon enough ^^

Well I reached my final decision as I logged last night! My mage most definantly enjoys creating her wardrobe and then enchanting it. She looks forward to exploring the secrets of archaeology, decided to get first aid just in case (magic cant cure everything) and then decided that sometimes her taste in mana cakes wanes so decided to take up cooking for some personal fav dishes she has. However fishing? She has no interest in it what so ever. Slimy creatures... Thanks again all for the great advice and tips! Hopefully see you in game one day!