Deleted

What do you love about paladins?

Hello everyone

I've recently returned to WoW, and i've decided to reroll after having played warrior for a long time. Since i decided to play something else, i've leveled several alts to 90, just to realise it wasn't something for me. But i've never really looked at palas, because for me they always looked boring, but after looking at how they got changed in MoP, they look extremely fun to play (especially retri), and i am seriously considering leveling one.

So my question is rather straight forward: What do you love about paladins?

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    I used to play D&D, I love the restriction (and the roleplay) of being Lawful Good.

Plate&heal&bubble

Bubblehearth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Well for me I love being able to take down twink tanks on my ret pally shield slam away ect they get so mad great burst and great heals.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are too sexy for their plate
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They are too sexy for their plate
    Don't you primarily deal in cloth goods?
    Super Brony Friendfinder

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Don't you primarily deal in cloth goods?
    Primarily. But I had this Ferengi client once who ordered a full suit of armor made of gold-plated latinum. It was weird but easy job for a professional sartorial like myself, but it ended badly, for that Ferengi that is. He had been killed the moment he left my shop - a shot to the head it was from another Ferengi who then took his gold-plated latinum suit, that is he tried but then another Ferengi shot him dead... needless to say that that gold-plated (I siphoned the latinum out) armor suit is now on display in my very shop.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Their lore. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NesloAkaSpoon View Post
    So my question is rather straight forward: What do you love about paladins?
    Gameplay, just like Diablo II paladins.

All specs play extremely well and they are able to handle most situations: They can do all roles really well in a group, and solo their toolkit is excellent. They are one of the least "ability bloated" classes in the game right now - everything is useful - and they have abilities to handle almost any type of situation.

Their *manly* dresses

Deleted
    Thanks for all your replies! Guess i'm gonna reroll pala!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Primarily. But I had this Ferengi client once who ordered a full suit of armor made of gold-plated latinum. It was weird but easy job for a professional sartorial like myself, but it ended badly, for that Ferengi that is. He had been killed the moment he left my shop - a shot to the head it was from another Ferengi who then took his gold-plated latinum suit, that is he tried but then another Ferengi shot him dead... needless to say that that gold-plated (I siphoned the latinum out) armor suit is now on display in my very shop.
    It would seem that particular Ferengi didn't plan his acquisition properly then. If he could afford a full armor suit of gold-plated latinum, I would have expected him to invest in a helmet of all things! Or did he simply "forget" to have it on when he exited your establishment?

Either way, the tale and spectacle of that must bring you several more customers than you used to have. An impressive... Acquisition on your part.

Regarding paladins though, they do indeed have less bloat than most classes at the moment, and almost everything does have a use and place. I've played mostly Holy and Prot, and I was never hurting to get into a group until LFR came along in Cata. Get good with the class and you'll be welcomed in most groups, so long as the groups themselves aren't smegheads (like several LFR tanks I've had the misfortune of playing with.)

I miss the Wrath days personally. I'd put up Seal of Command (3 target attack back then) and then do my dailies, and if I got ambushed by three anythings I could deal with them. Prot cleave was awesome.

One of the things I used to do a lot as Holy was put up Righteous Fury and do my normal healing, which promptly brought any adds onto me so a tank could pick them up. Several times I even had to turn it off so the actual tank wouldn't have problems keeping threat.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-09-08 at 10:24 PM.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted

On a serious note, it's the style, really. Golden crusader and whatnot.