Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trial of the Crusader. Everything about it (Lore, layout, gear, bla bla) was just horrendous, EXCEPT the Anub'Arak 25hc encounter, which was very enjoyable.

Deleted
    Have to go with Naxx 2.0. Was really excited about it, after all the old one is still one of my favorites (even though we only cleared about 2/3 off it). It was obvious the remake would be easier, but this was simply ridiculous. May have been one of the reasons i quit wow back in wotlk (re-subbed end of cata).

2nd would be AQ. Just loved wiping at twins and riding the whoooole way back, especially without a mount.... At least after you killed them you could port for cthun. The real reason i hate this raid though is the damn prequest! Days and Weeks of doing nothing but killing these stupid bugs in silithus! i was so sick of it, by the time the gates opened I just couldnt stand these damn bugs anymore.....

Because of my breake i missed out on ToC, otherwise would have probably been on the list too. Guess i'm a bit biased about DS, was my first raid after coming back and felt quite new, compared to the style of raids i was used to.

ahhh alot of these people should of done heroic heart of fear. that was fucking horrible and the worest raid ever, i dont even like doing lfr hof anymore,

15+ Year Old Account
    Molten f*cking Core. It was a brown and red hole, without any environmental finesse, whose bosses were tank/spank/dispel-one-debuff all over the place, with the notable exception of Shazzrah, which was fucked up and boring as hell, and Ragnaros, who was the only good thing in that place.
    Its luck was the epic feeling of being the first raid. That said, it was absolutely terrible. Any product that level thrown out a couple years later would have been shat on by every player, let alone now.

TotC at least was challenging (heroic mode speaking of course) and had some interesting fights, even if the environment was underwhelming and following Ulduar was a difficult legacy. DS was... well, bad. But at least we had some cool mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Dragon Soul, Heart of Fear, ToGC, MC

All expansions have had some pretty awful raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Trial of the Crusader. Everything about it (Lore, layout, gear, bla bla) was just horrendous, EXCEPT the Anub'Arak 25hc encounter, which was very enjoyable.
    Agreed, Anub'arak's encounter is basically the only thing that saved that place from absolute oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    kara, totgc, ruby sanctum,
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    gotta agree with everyone else so far D-D-D-D-Dragon soul.

stack and dps/heal stack and dps heal, a band aid to resto shamans being a useless healer these encounters just stack everyone in healing rain and spam CH.

end of expansion badass deathwing...reduced to 2 10+ minute packs of trash. EPIC FAIL.
    Our resto shaman still somehow managed to find a way to suck...God knows how.

On topic, I agree, Dragon Soul.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    There is a reason for this. One of the quests you did in icecrown show how LK got his armies. By ppl failing and dying. Each soul is a soldier for LK. ToC was set up to show who was strong enough to face LK and not give him even more soldiers
    While you raise a good point, you're wrong. A lot of people like to point out that ToGC was all about the "killing off our strongest champions!"... but it wasn't. Faction Champions were NOT supposed to be a part of the tournament -- we were supposed to fight and defeat (not kill) the Argent Crusade's most powerful knights. Faction Champions get involved because Garrosh gets butthurt about an alliance mage summoning a demon.

So, anyone who brings up the "killing our strongest champions" thing needs to actually pay attention to the lore of the raid. Faction Champions was not supposed to take place.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Dragon Soul, Heart of Fear, ToGC, MC

All expansions have had some pretty awful raids.
    Add Hyjal's endless trash (made sense lore wise, but it was boring) and yes, we pretty much named them all.

It is a tie for me between DS and Naxxramas 2.0
    DS is not because of the LFR, hell I could care less about LFR only the fact that the "epic" end boss fights were terrible ( spine bring-no-lock of deathwing is horrible, and madness is just killing off the warts from his tentacles, thanks but I have seen enough hentai to know where this is going. ) And also the fights like Ultraxion and Morchok made me feel horrible while raiding that trash for almost a year.
    Naxxramas is simply because I hate the place with all the shitty, non imaginative bosses: Gothic the worst boss in history, mage trolls at Sapphiron, the incompetence at Thaddius, the retarded Loatheb, Anub'rhekan fights: just outright broken and boring all of them. Oh and the enviroment was hideous as well.

Deleted
    Firelands. Awful, stupid, moronic fights; awful, orange, eye-crippling environment: I loathed everything about it.

ToGC's problem was running it four times a week and being stuck in that same brown room most of the time, most of the actual fights were not that bad and I loved Anub'arak and faction champions.

DS would have been fine if there had been another raid at the same time and it wasn't the expansion end raid.

Before Firelands came out, I always thought the worst was Hyjal: so. much. trash. and wiping to Archimond because of people running to the wrong place and then having all. that. trash again... aragh *tears hair out*

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens (Naxx 2.0) when you pick a guild destroyer and try to make it monkey-friendly content. Way to go ruining something.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They reused the Dragonblight environment and they did so poorly. They did little to spice it up or make it interesting. The bosses sitting there waiting for us when they are supposed to be the ones attacking the temple really robbed it of the excitement it could have otherwise had.
    Morchok was assaulting the tower. Zon'ozz and Yorsahj were leading their minions in an assault (because only a fool sends the commanders of an army out on the front lines). Hagara was a surprise attack and Ultraxion showed up to kill the aspects. Warmaster was in charge of Deathwing's aerial defense, so it makes sense that he was playing a defensive role. Deathwing obviously wasn't waiting for us at all.

So, yeah... you got THAT part completely wrong.

I won't argue too much about the reuse of the Dragonblight environment except to say that it makes perfect sense that the dragon aspects would choose Wyrmrest as their meeting place.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I found Sunwell very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They reused the Dragonblight environment and they did so poorly. They did little to spice it up or make it interesting. The bosses sitting there waiting for us when they are supposed to be the ones attacking the temple really robbed it of the excitement it could have otherwise had.
    The entrance also being in Caverns of Time was rather cheap I felt.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    The entrance also being in Caverns of Time was rather cheap I felt.
    It made sense, since the 5-mans introduced during that patch were also in CoT. CoT is a lot easier to get to than Wyrmrest.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.

On topic though, ToC is still the champion of poorly executed raids.
    a) you can run it 3 times a week
    b) no trash made for a really uninvolved and boring instance
    c) only cool room was for the last boss
    d) most bosses were boring
    and of course, e) "Lets prepare to kill LK by killing off our strongest champions!"
    Heroic DS didn't feel epic either tbh, especially when you had rolling nerfs completely taking away the need for progression. I enjoyed the ball mechanic on Zon'Ozz, purple ooze phase on Yorsajh heroic, and some parts of Blackhorn.

Spine, no matter how hard it was, did not feel epic.

Deleted
    Dragonsoul is the worst raid ever made by far. Everything this raid offer is crap from start to end. There is not a single redeeming element about it, 'xcept warrior tier maybe.

Deleted
    Ruby sanctum, yes it was a filler raid, but spending an hour on trash for one poorly designed boss and sub par loot? Bleh