Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dragon Soul - the whole twilight cult thing seemed a bit silly as they were never a problem previously in the game, it's like if they made the next big baddies in the next expansion the Venture company or something. Beyond that, never felt like you were actually fighting Death Wing, and the re-used boss models and atmosphere seemed really lame for being the end of what could've been a really cool story. Felt like they tried too hard to bring in other elements, like the infinite dragon flight and well of eternity and kinda killed them off, when they could've been awesome raids at some point in the future in their own right.

I actually didn't mind Trial of the Crusader - sure there was no trash, but I don't think that would qualify as being a horrible raid. I got the feeling blizz wanted to try an experiment here. The bosses were fun, the twin valks with the black and white theme and Anub'arak were very cool, and the faction of champs fight was very interesting as well. Personally I thought it was a cool, but very short raid, I think the brought it out as a way to get people into ICC very easily. If they hadn't done that, ICC might not have been as popular as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badmadz View Post
    DS....hard ?????? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL
    Dude this was a funny one. Back in DS I joined a guild of a friend and they did hardly clear the Cataclysm content and then came DS. Normal clear in 3 or 4 weeks with a lot of bad blood between some guild members.
    Yeah.....DS was "realy hard", so "hard" that even a more or less noobish guild could clear the raid without big problems.
    DS was the worst raid. I dont care if models were reused (Blizzard is doing this every know and then) it was way to unepic for a fight against the biggest and baddest dragon of all WoW. And we only "fought" against his back and some deformed thing. Thats all, they could have done so many more. A fight against Deathwing in his human form before we have fought Ultraxion and he flies away.
    And many more.
    Hopefully Blizz did learn from its misstake and how NOT to make a final raid and SoO would be a worthy content end raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Dragon Soul might have been reused content and unepic for a final raid but it was alot harder than any TBC raids apart from Sunwell.
    I'd imagine it was hard for you if you can't even read properly. Running is harder than walking but that doesn't mean it's very hard. And Dragon Soul was more challenging and complex than TBC bosses. There were only three challenging bosses before Sunwell and two of them were only hard because they were so damn long.

How fast it takes to clear normal modes is hardly a sign of how easy content is. Honestly if you don't clear normal within the first two weeks you're not even trying. Heroic modes were pretty good in Dragon Soul before the noob-buff started rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Deleted
    Hyjal. Wasn't a great fan of SSC either but that comes way down the list after the sheer boredom and crapiness of Hyjal. After SSC it would probably be ToC and DS.

Deleted
    DS by far,, so much hype, yet I feel sorry for mr deathwing to be let down so badly apart from that all mop raids suck.

MC is vanilla
    Hyjal in BC
    ToC in Wrath
    Firelands in Cata (it actually made me stop raiding for a bit only raid tier to ever do this)
    HoF in mists

I feel like if I didn't hate Firelands as much as I did I would say Hyjal because that trash was dumb boring and felt like a giant time sink that half raid just tunneled aoe and went looked at other things but I just hated Firelands so much in every way especially when you consider how good tier before it was.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul.
    I got soo tired of it at the end, after farming it for weeks for the daggers. /sigh

I would say its a tie between DS and Vaults. DS just felt rushed and there was no build up for any of the bosses just heres some random faceless and dragons and then you got to deathwing idk it seemed a let down. As for Vaults it just feels like a random raid with no thought given to it.

Edit: I will throw in AQ 40 just for the trash to C'Thun loved the entire raid,bosses and feel save for that long never ending it seemed trash.
    Edit 2: Now that i think back on it The Eye was a big let down as all the bosses save for Mr Setback was boring with some time eating trash atleast when you first started. The trash before lootreaver took more teamwork then the damn boss :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Hyjal Summit. Dem waves...
    Truth be told i dozed off once or twice during all that.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2013-09-09 at 07:42 PM.

My only real complaint about ToC was the lack of changing scenery... but then again, I have to excuse it since it's technically a coliseum. Still, the lore design could have been better.

Dragonsoul... wasn't bad as a normal raid. But for an end-of-expansion raid, it was a major disappointment. So many random bosses (last 3 of the first wing didn't belong IMO). And quite frankly, there wasn't enough of Deathwing in the entire raid. Why wasn't his human form used?

But in terms of frustrating... I have to give it up to Serpent Shrine Caverns. That place just sucked. Aesthetically unpleasing, encounters sucked, trashed sucked, end boss sucked, getting there sucked, and the fact that they added pets to the loot table and are forcing me to go back also really sucks.

Deleted
    Firelands.

Overtuned shite with rehashed models from molten bloody core of all places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trial of the Crusader. So boring.

I actually liked Dragon Soul, it just lasted way too long. It was also undertuned, our guild took 2 bosses on the first night, and that's highly unusual for us.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a real tossup between ToC and Dragon Soul. I actually greatly enjoyed Anub'arak, but going from Titanic Keepers and Yogg'saron to...Northrend Beasts was quite dumb. You could say the same about Ragnaros to Morchok, but it's not quite as drastic.

I'm gonna go with Dragon Soul, which is in no way soured by the fact that my guild was at it's greatest in Wrath and in it's death throes at the end of Cataclysm. No way at all.

Nuh uh. Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul.

even TOGC had some fun aspects to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonsoul is actually far worse than ToGC ;-)

Deleted
    ToC had Wilfrid Fizzlebang.

...ToC wins.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia aside I'm not sure that Molten Core would be worse if all raids were compared together at the same time. When I compare raids I compare them to what age they were released and within their own expansion. Ultimately while ToGC had way better encounters than MC if you directly compare them, MC was their first stab at raiding and was made like 4 years prior to ToGC. I just can't turn a blind eye to such shit.

Even if you compare them straight out I'd still take a scaled up Molten Core with the same shit in it than ToGC. MC was actually a raid, not a fucking room. As boring as those caverns were littered with all it's trash and uninspired bosses, I'd still take a replica of MC if it was released the same time as ToGC (obviously with the numbers tuned up). ToGC had some good bosses that was basically it. MC still was an actual raid, Ragnaros still felt epic when he came up and well, the area itself. Fighting in a raid sized ring of blood is FUCKING AWFUL.

At least with Molten Core you felt like you were fighting some ancient beasts. In ToC you had random beasts of Northerend, a gnome summoning a demon (fuck you) and faction champions. The Twin Valkyr were cool and so wasn't Anub'arak.

Trial of the Crusader was a weak instance with great fights, and since it was a filler raid anyway, an almost unexpected new raid while everyone was still concentrating on Ulduar, for it's place in the game it wasn't bad.

Worst raid..... Naxx 25 was pretty shitty to be honest. Cool instance design but it was a rehash that didn't make sense with the storyline, and it was devoid of any challenge, aside from requiring 2 priests to beat Razuvious (though I know 3 hunters with crazy kiting tactics could pull it off too). Razuvious himself was easy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    ToC had Wilfrid Fizzlebang.

...ToC wins.
    You mean THE Wilfred Fizzlebang?! Oh my gosh, I'm such a big fan!

Oh, right...

Dragonsoul imho, because in the end the main boss, the most guardian of earth, the destroyer just went pop look confetti!!!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You mean THE Wilfred Fizzlebang?! Oh my gosh, I'm such a big fan!

Oh, right...
    I always understood "daraxus, eragon lord of the burning legion...". The best part was the gnome dying at the beginning, by far :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I always understood "daraxus, eragon lord of the burning legion...". The best part was the gnome dying at the beginning, by far :P.
    Frankly, he should have punted the gnome. THAT would have made it the best raid in the game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.