Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    for me is OS or RS
    its boring

What people mostly hated about Trial of the Crusade was the fact that it came out so fast and most of the guilds had just started working on heroic modes in Ulduar. Also the raid was actually supposed to be under Dalaran. However the servers wouldn't be able to handle the load of all those people in that area so they put it in Icecrown.

As for Dragonsoul there was nothing new to it. It was all reused content and was just awful. Then you compound the fact that it last almost a full year and you see why people hated it.

Nax 2.0, simply because I raided original Nax and I was extremely disappointed with how easy they made it.

If it weren't for that it would be ToGC, and DS. ToGC was so sloppy, no trash, 2 rooms, reused models, and not a good story. DS was better if you compare raid to raid, however DS was supposed to be the big ending point for the expansion and at the end it didn't feel as though you actually fought the main villain (on top of the disconnected feel and lack of trash).

Ruby Sanctum gets a pass because we were told straight up that it was just a filler thing.

You have to kind of give vanilla raids a pass. They steadily got better from raid to raid and were a huge improvement over raids from Everquest. If all the raids were released today then MC would be up there with the bad raids. Way to much trash that respawned exceedingly fast and simple mechanics (spam dispel as a priest) would not live up to today's standards. AQ40 on the other hand would still rank highly on my favorite raid list.

Dragon Soul. Trial of the Crusader will probably always be the raid/patch I personally hate the most, but Dragon Soul has the added layer of massive disappointment, since it was meant to be the climax of an entire expansion with one of the biggest, nastiest villains in Warcraft history, but instead ended up a complete embarrassment.

Trial of the Grand Crusader - by lightyears.

That raid was so bad, even Blizzard has admitted to it, and to the fact that it was released too soon, taking some epic out of Ulduar.

Edit: There were no Heroic mode in Ulduar - there were Hard Modes. It's an important difference; Heroic means that you can get upgrades to all available gear and it's easy to just toggle Heroic on and off. Hard mode means that you can get a select few, better items (ilvl 239, where the normal gear was ilvl 226), which meant you didn't get so much gear inflation in the game. Also, Hard Mode meant that you had to kill the boss in a different way than on Normal - you couldn't just punch out bigger numbers.
    Last edited by Whitepaw; 2013-09-09 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by So bored View Post
    Dragon Soul.

Pretty much all of Cata was deep into Blizzard's laziness and the raids were no different.
    Really? Cause the first tier of Cataclysm is largely hailed as the best in the game's history by veterans.

Personally? I loved ToC: it was short and sweet and I hate trash. Worst would probably have to be Dragon Soul as well for me cause the entire thing just looked so...bland up until the final encounter which wasn't really half bad until Deathwing shoots fireworks out of his ass. I didn't much like ICC for some reason either.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-09-09 at 07:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

If anyone says anything other then Dragon Soul. They need to rethink their tastes. Dragon Soul was by far THE worst dungeon ever conceived for any video game ever made on any planet.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Ruby Sanctum without a doubt. So many don't list it because it was so bad and worthless they stopped going after a trip or two.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    and of course, e) "Lets prepare to kill LK by killing off our strongest champions!"
    Tirion was an expert in the Law of The Jungle: eat or be eaten, survival of the fittest and all that jizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ruby Sanctum without a doubt. So many don't list it because it was so bad and worthless they stopped going after a trip or two.
    People were there maybe once or twice before losing interest, it didn't have time to annoy people.

Quote Originally Posted by So bored View Post
    Tirion was an expert in the Law of The Jungle: eat or be eaten, survival of the fittest and all that jizz.

- - - Updated - - -

People were there maybe once or twice before losing interest, it didn't have time to annoy people.
    It was so bad people just kept on doing ICC for a few months and gave up on that piece of crap. If it would have been like any other raid and you had to do it to progress I am certain it would be at the very least top 3 worst raid for everybody if not locked at number 1. HoF and DS giving it a good run for it's money.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Dragonsoul

ToC was horrible, worst ever. One low rez room. What a joke of a tier. And ofc it totally deleted Ulduar, which was a masterwork.

Dragonsoul was great, I dunno what you guys are kvetching about!

Deleted
    Heart of Fear.

15+ Year Old Account
    ToGC.

Dragon Soul is a close second, don't get me wrong, but a one-room raid is the worst.

I also heavily disliked Ruby Sanctum and Heart of Fear.

Edit: Yeah, not judging 40-man raids, since their complexity is kind of a joke to modern encounter mechanics.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-09 at 07:29 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

dragonsoul.
    heroic xonozz wasnt fun,
    yorsarj was kinda interesting in the way you choose how the fight works
    hagara was very predictible
    ultraxion was a lol fest
    warmaster blackhorn wasnt bad on heroic except the buggy ship fires
    spine and madness were just awful though, boring as shit. kill one thing 3x then kill the same thing 5x, then kill the bosses gigantic chin. plus you could fall off the platform and die suddenly when your raids 3/4 done.. and you wasted another 10 min attempt. fail

i felt like firelands was the highlight for cata. bwd and tot4w and bot were decent raids as well, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Ruby Sanctum was fun! It was the first time since BC that I felt like I was really accomplishing something at the time. I rejoined (leaving end of BC) late Wrath and RS was great.
    I liked RS as well. Its placement was just kinda shitty to be worthwhile particularly for the amount of effort required compared to ICC with the buff. I do think it had too much trash but otherwise the trash was fun. Blizzard screwed up with raid timing for both ToC and RS.

Dang this thread moved fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I be the first to say that TOTFW was pretty awful?

Ruby Sanctuary, what a waste of time....

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ToGC/ToC for me by a landslide.

Hey I didn't like Dragonsoul that much either but it was a lot better than ToC. Dragonsoul was medium length, some of the encounters were cool, and a couple of the areas you fought in were really cool. It felt like an on the rails shooter game if that makes sense though and really didn't have that sense of exploration about it. Jumping into the gaping maw thing to just have it be a mirror of the other one was really lame. I thought the death wing encounters visually were really amazing. Fighting on the back of a dragon and fighting him in the maelstrom (which is a really cool area) were really well done. That didn't take away from the fact that they were very repetitive encounters. Sure they got more difficult and a sense of urgency was seen as you progressed.. but they were long repetitive fights.

I liked the cut scenes as cheesy as they were. This is still from a heroic perspective. Mind you we weren't pinnacle, but we did kill Spine and Madness with just the first set of changes, and not with the 30 or 35%, whatever it was.

I can't really fairly compare ToC/TogC to anything else. The only thing that was enjoyable was a couple of the bosses, but there was only five of them. They had gating in the instance which gave you one new boss a week, which was only a joke in my opinion. The entire area and patch in general just felt like a huge distraction. We fought in a fucking raid sized circle of blood from Nagrand for christs sake lol. The story was as simple as preparing people for ICC. As awful as some people might think DS story was, it was far better crafted than that shitty tournament by a landslide.

I just didn't like the instance at all. Up until that point I always wondered how great an instance without trash would be and that's what we ended up with.

So yeah, that's my vote. The only thing good about ToC/ToGC is that I didn't expect much from it before it was released, and man I wasn't wrong.Only at one point was I completely surprised after the ground shattered and we went down into the depths. At that point a glimmer of hope arose and I was like "finally, the real raid starts, maybe this won't be so bad". Nope, semi cool looking small room with zero trash and well, I pretty decent boss I guess. Had we had another 4-5 bosses in a traditional spiraling dungeon themed like Azjol'Nerub, I probably would have shit my pants.

On the flip side I expected so much more out of ICC, only to ultimately be let down when I realized the only coolest parts were the 5 mans, and the pinnacle/base of the Frozen Throne.

15+ Year Old Account
    ToC, DS, EoE, Naxx25

To be honest Naxx25 could have been pretty good if not for the constant disconnects/lags that kept going for about 2 months after LK release. You just could not raid anything in first days after each reset, it was soo painful. Maybe it was different on your server, but ours really suffered a lot. That happens when you undertune raids so much that every retard wants to farm the shinies.