Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    It's a cultural norm, and romance simply isn't a thing in those cases.
    I don't care if it's a cultural norm, it's sick, it's barbaric and it really makes it harder for me to remain tolerant of other cultures and religions when people from those cultures and religions consider this sort of shit to be a cultural norm.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't care if it's a cultural norm, it's sick, it's barbaric and it really makes it harder for me to remain tolerant of other cultures and religions when people from those cultures and religions consider this sort of shit to be a cultural norm.
    Just don't cherrypick a small sample and label it to a greater representation, because as abhorrent as this is, marriage to children isn't confined to one religion or culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Just don't cherrypick a small sample and label it to a greater representation, because as abhorrent as this is, marriage to children isn't confined to one religion or culture.
    Cultural relativism has no place in the world, stop excusing the atrocities over there.

Yes, because we should all let the atrocities of a few cloud our judgment and devolve into full-blown bigotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Cultural relativism has no place in the world, stop excusing the atrocities over there.
    exactly !

noone can justify this act in any means. what we are talking about is a child at the age of eight ! please think about it for a second. she has faced one of the worst scenarios a person can witness in their entire life, at the age of eight !

if i had power right now, i would cut that 40 years old pervert's penis.

p.s: please check the bold parts again and think once more.

Could somebody please explain how this has anything to do with religion? Why did this family let her daughter get married to a 40 year old? I'm sure it wasn't jesus telling them to do so. I think there was money involved... so if there is anything to blame shouldn't it be greed and capitalism and not religion? It's not like people in other countries sell their kids for money...

Deleted
    Yes, because we should all let the atrocities of a few cloud our judgment and devolve into full-blown bigotry.
    This is you against people who see it as bad

People who see it as bad:
    That culture is filled with abhorrent cultural practices, they engage in pedophilia, they beat their sons & daughters because they don't want to be force-wed, they kill people who have sex outside of marriage and much more.
    You:
    Man, you have no cultural relativism! Don't use your humanitarian values to judge another culture!

Hopefully nobody brings up mormons/polygamy/child brides...oooooh wait, I accidentally
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Could somebody please explain how this has anything to do with religion? Why did this family let her daughter get married to a 40 year old? I'm sure it wasn't jesus telling them to do so. I think there was money involved... so if there is anything to blame shouldn't it be greed and capitalism and not religion? It's not like people in other countries sell their kids for money...
    It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with being a pervert. This is why it's not confined to a single religion or culture.

- - - Updated - - -

This is you against people who see it as bad

People who see it as bad:

You:
    What this is, is a terrible straw-man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Hopefully nobody brings up mormons/polygamy/child brides...oooooh wait, I accidentally
    Wasn't Joseph Smith a kiddie-diddler too?

And every time you see a cult on the news, they always have perverts at the lead.

Deleted
    What this is, is a terrible straw-man.
    Nope, you're excusing the atrocities committed because of their cultural beliefs because it's their culture and as such they should be allowed to do so according to you.

Nope, you're excusing the atrocities committed because of their cultural beliefs because it's their culture and as such they should be allowed to do so.
    Repeating the same straw-man doesn't make it any less false.

Nope, you're excusing the atrocities committed because of their cultural beliefs because it's their culture and as such they should be allowed to do so according to you.
    No he isn't. He's saying that you shouldn't judge an entire culture or group of people because one asshole fucked an 8 year old.

Deleted
    Repeating the same straw-man doesn't make it any less false.
    It's not false, I've seen your attitude against them. It is your attitude, you think they should be allowed to retain their cultural practices because it's their culture even though it's harmful. You call people pointing the problems out, bigotted, because you think everyone should adapt to your opinion and when they don't you start screaming "fucking bigot". That's you in a nutshell.

No he isn't. He's saying that you shouldn't judge an entire culture or group of people because one asshole fucked an 8 year old.
    Except it's not just one, it's prevalent everywhere over there.

It's not false
    Except it is, because of what Tradewind just said.

Except it's not just one, it's prevalent everywhere over there.
    Just because it's prevalent, or frequent, doesn't mean it applies to them all. It's like saying all Americans are fat, because obesity is prevalent. It's an absurd generalization.

Just because it's prevalent, or frequent, doesn't mean it applies to them all.
    We all know where this thread is going at this point. It's going to be another "Tiili hates Muslims" vs. "But they deserve it" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Sounds like pedophiles should move to Yemen.
    Most countries that are predominantly Islamic have these laws.

Deleted
    Just because it's prevalent, or frequent, doesn't mean it applies to them all. It's like saying all Americans are fat, because obesity is prevalent. It's an absurd generalization.
    No, it isn't an absurd generalization. It wasn't until just some weeks ago that Saudi Arabia outlawed beating your own wife/kids as an example.

No, it isn't an absurd generalization. It wasn't until just some weeks ago that Saudi Arabia outlawed beating your own wife/kids.
    Not the same thing. Child marriage and in this case severe pederasty isn't the same thing as living in an anti-secular fiefdom. It certainly isn't carte blanche to apply these same traits to an entire population.

You can be upset at a situation without turning it into a witch hunt.

Another example...it's like saying all Catholics are boy touching pederasts because they've had a few.