Deleted

How good is tier set compared to all the other classes

Hey guys,

My guild needs to know how "good" the elemental shaman tier set is in relation to all the other classes tier, so classes can be prioritized for maximum dps. Can anyone help me out please?

Cheers

Deleted
    In its current state 2-set is decent but 4-set sucks! 2-set is a nice single target DPS increase with a debuff application when using your Earth Shock. 4-set has a chance to spawn an air elemental when you use LB or CL but when I tested it the elemental rarely spawned and only hit for roughly 30k so wasn't really worth it. The only reason to take 4-set is because it's pretty well itemized so the stats on it are good.
    Last edited by mmoce4d063640d; 2013-09-09 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input Can I get numbers from someone? if that's possible, my guild needs to know hehe

Our set bonuses are abysmal. Most of our pieces are itemized poorly too. The only reason to upgrade is for the raw int increase - which means 25 mans may have to opportunity to go full thunderforged off pieces.

At least we have chain lightning spam...all that our class is now.

Elemental is probably next to last for DPS specs.

Enhance and DPS warriors seem to have an extremely strong 2pc. Hunters have an above average bonus. WW monks seem quite meh on their set bonuses, so similar to elemental.

Resto shaman 2pc is quite strong. MW 2pc seems pretty standard. Both BrM and Prot warrior set bonuses seem pretty standard as well.

Well statweight tells u to get 4 set or even 5 set but the setbonus is rly crappy. Tested PTR, almost all HC and normal modes 10 man and the 4p ele contributed with 1% dps average or even worse some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Well statweight tells u to get 4 set or even 5 set but the setbonus is rly crappy. Tested PTR, almost all HC and normal modes 10 man and the 4p ele contributed with 1% dps average or even worse some fights.
    I hoped for some buff before release. 1% seems very low

They're both around 2% increases on single target, and much less on multi-target and target swap fights. Ele should be low priority for tier.

Deleted
    MInd me asking, what are the other candidates ?`

We have me, as a dual speccing ELE, and a hunter and a dual speccing BRM, the plan is to give hunter 4 set, and ill probably get double 2 set, and then throw some at the monk.

However, if you are not rolling against a Brewmaster/Ww, all other classes/speccs should probably be prioritized, apart from resto shaman 4set.

Deleted
    Do you even play ele shaman?, i've tested the raids on ptr and we are far from the lowest, not that i'm saying we're the best but we have full on chain lightning spamming on almost all fights and we're almost always at top (with the exception of some classes *cough* demo lock *cough* and some odd situations, but yes these set bonuses don't do us any justice, the devs have looked at them and they said they might be changed "might" but they clearly just don't care because anyone can see these bonuses are just abysmal....whoever thought these up clearly had never done any raid testing for this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by onehittomany View Post
    Do you even play ele shaman?, i've tested the raids on ptr and we are far from the lowest, not that i'm saying we're the best but we have full on chain lightning spamming on almost all fights and we're almost always at top (with the exception of some classes *cough* demo lock *cough* and some odd situations, but yes these set bonuses don't do us any justice, the devs have looked at them and they said they might be changed "might" but they clearly just don't care because anyone can see these bonuses are just abysmal....whoever thought these up clearly had never done any raid testing for this tier.
    We are talking about Set bonuses here, if another class gains 5% DPS increase where Ele gets 1% from 2pc, I hope you can figure out which class should get it for the benefit of the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarlos View Post
    In its current state 2-set is decent but 4-set sucks! 2-set is a nice single target DPS increase with a debuff application when using your Earth Shock. 4-set has a chance to spawn an air elemental when you use LB or CL but when I tested it the elemental rarely spawned and only hit for roughly 30k so wasn't really worth it. The only reason to take 4-set is because it's pretty well itemized so the stats on it are good.
    Well if simcraft is right, it's quite the opposite. Simming the T16N profile and disabling setbonuses + enabling them manually, i get:

Without Set Bonus: 245358
    With 2p only: 248383
    With 4p only(without 2p): 250935
    With 2p and 4p: 254069

2p is solid, 4p is a lot better. 2p about 1.2%, 4po is 2.3% dps.

I suppose other set bonuses are better. But 4p is mandatory. It's just not really exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    We are talking about Set bonuses here, if another class gains 5% DPS increase where Ele gets 1% from 2pc, I hope you can figure out which class should get it for the benefit of the raid.
    Yeah enhancers get 5% dps gain via 2p, so if your guild has to choose between an enhancer and an elemental, it's pretty clear who is getting 2p first.

For 4p, enhancement is pretty bad, so i would pick Ele > Enhancer.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-09-10 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And I agree other classes should have priority other ele for set pieces, but it still doesn't change the fact that blizzard are allowing these terrible ele shaman set bonuses to go live in the first place when they've already had plenty of complaints and proof to show they are probly one of the worst bonuses imo, but at the same time ele shaman is the king of cleave, do we really need them in the first place?