Diablo 3 monster power

Hi there, I played the game on pc and im playing now on ps3 and im having a blast...
    Anyway I dont know what easy-Medium- hard "means on the game". If i change from easy to medium I change from MP0 to what? like MP2?
    Im asking this because the tooltip just says the monster will be harder and will have more chances to drop loot on the last 2 dificilties(hard).

Tks in advance

Hello yes,

Ty for buy the playstation experience I have found it to be very much greater but somewhat confuse. I think the monster power when increase changes to about 4 or 4.5. It is not as hard as many monsters on pc though. Enjoy your game
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I know there is some confusion on the forums about how Easy, Normal, and Hard modes affect adventure stats, so I'm going to try and help clear that up. Those modes (Easy, Normal, and Hard) do not alter Magic Find, Gold Find, or XP Bonus in any way, and are just there so players can adjust the difficulty to their liking.

Once you're ready to handle something more challenging than Hard difficulty, however, those bonuses quickly ramp up. Here's what you can expect from Master I - Master V difficulties.

Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
    Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
    Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
    Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
    Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/2007-...-the-crusader/

Tks man, realy helped me

- - - Updated - - -

One more question. Inferno on easy is realy very easy so if i equip magic find gear I can still get a fast farm and get gear like if I was on master V. Is this true or im missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by sepulturaa View Post
    One more question. Inferno on easy is realy very easy so if i equip magic find gear I can still get a fast farm and get gear like if I was on master V. Is this true or im missing something?
    Magic find actually affects the quality of items, not just the quantity.
    The difference is hardly noticable, it's probably just 10-20%. Or maybe more, it's really hard to measure it.

To farm efficiently choose the difficulty where you can kill the biggest number of elites per hour.
    More or less it means that you should oneshot all white monsters while you run past them and it should take no more than 10-20 seconds to down elite pack.

In the same time keep in mind that the higher paragon level you have the higher magic find you have and the better items drop.
    So strategically thinking farming paragon first and items when you have at least 50 paragon will be more profitable than farming items in mf gear on lower mp.

But tbh I see no point in farming paragon on offline version.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    But tbh I see no point in farming paragon on offline version.
    And why is that? Frming is allways better if u alone, even the follower sometimes doesnt help much cause monsters will atack him and dont stay together

Quote Originally Posted by sepulturaa View Post
    And why is that? Frming is allways better if u alone, even the follower sometimes doesnt help much cause monsters will atack him and dont stay together
    Farming solo is not the most efficient option any more.
    Monsters in party have just 50% more HP per player and they give 40% more XP.
    So in party of 4 ppl you farm twice faster and get almost 1.5x exp.

But my post was not about efficiency.
    I was just saying that farming offline version does not make a lot of sense because you can use character editor to set any character level you like without wasting the precious time of your life on repetitive and unrewarding process.

Party of 4 can or cannot farm faster, if u get 4 identical players, same dps, no afkers yes is faster, but we all know that thats rare. Thres allways 1 or 2 very well equiped carrying the others. In that case is just good for the boosted ones.

About the online/offline play. When I play offline doesnt mean im not gonna do the things legit. Gives me the option to do it yes (afterall I payed the game, I do whatever i want if im alone) but doesnt mean nothing.

About my precius time. What isnt a waste of time? Allmost all fun things are a waste of time but we need them to live

I was just saying that farming offline version does not make a lot of sense because you can use character editor to set any character level you like without wasting the precious time of your life on repetitive and unrewarding process.
    Playing single player games does not make a lot of sense because you can just input cheat/console command and get anything you want without wasting precious time of your life.

Or you know, someone just likes the feel of bit of a character progression while they play the game?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Playing single player games does not make a lot of sense because you can just input cheat/console command and get anything you want without wasting precious time of your life.
    Ofc it does. Storyline. New skills, new quests, new monsters, challenging bosses. Why would not it? Using your logic the whole your life does not make sense

Or you know, someone just likes the feel of bit of a character progression while they play the game?
    Everyone do. But not everyone likes to farm.
    And even less people would when they know that to get that item they have to either a) Spend 400 hours of their life running the same route killing the same monsters b) Spend 10 minutes cheating.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-09-13 at 12:18 PM.

Ofc it does. Storyline. New skills, new quests, new monsters, challenging bosses. Why would not it? Using your logic the whole your life does not make sense
    As far as I know, most of that is also applicable to Diablo 3's single player in one form or another.

Everyone do. But not everyone likes to farm.
    So?

And even less people would when they know that to get that item they have to either a) Spend 400 hours of their life running the same route killing the same monsters b) Spend 10 minutes cheating.
    But that's not really how you presented your point. You rather bluntly advocated "Why play game when you can cheat" mentality regardless.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-09-13 at 05:17 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    But that's not really how you presented your point. You rather bluntly advocated "Why play game when you can cheat" mentality regardless.
    No, it's how YOU presented my point. It's your own fantasy, it has nothing to do with me. Learn to read other people's posts properly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The reward is the journey. just because you have good items does not make you a pro at the game. you're still going to have to learn what's good and what's bad and how to deal with certain affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by yazu777 View Post
    The reward is the journey. just because you have good items does not make you a pro at the game. you're still going to have to learn what's good and what's bad and how to deal with certain affixes.
    Uhm... no.
    You don't have to know how to deal with certain affixes in good gear. Pretty average gear of 100k dps and 1k all resists(hardcore, or 600 on softcore) will allow you to destroy anything on your path without even remote chance of dying. In rare occasions all the strategy you'll need to know would be "it looks like I'm taking damage from something, better to move few steps somewhere".
    A barbarian with such gear can take 5 elites in the same time on mp10 and aoe them down. No strategy involved, just move your mouse/joystick in circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda intrigues me a little bit about the console version. I wonder how well gamers will push the end-game content with MP.