Deleted

Question 5.4 Hunter Leveling.

Hello there, folks!

I've been following MMO-Champion for quite some time now, and you - well... most of you, seem nice!
    I made a log-in simply to ask one question regarding leveling a hunter in WoW patch 5.4.

I have all the heirlooms, and they're all BiS enchanted with the help of Psynister's heirloom-guide. BUT... as far as I know, heirloom-enchanting will change dramatically in the Siege of Orgrimmar-patch.

If any of you have tried enchanting on the Public Test Realm, knows if it will be the same on Live or have any tips on what the "new" BiS item-enhancements could possibly be, please let me know!
    Vanilla-WoW, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm of Mists of Pandaria-enchants?

Best regards,

Chr.

Postscript: English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry - in advance, for any misunderstandings in my thread.

here is a spreadsheet that shows how enchants will scale in 5.4.

Deleted
    Could you provide a link for the spreadsheet, maybe? And thank you for the answer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrsylvest View Post
    Could you provide a link for the spreadsheet, maybe? And thank you for the answer!
    Go up to their post, click "here" -- The first word in nolliepop's post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Go up to their post, click "here" -- The first word in nolliepop's post.
    Oh, sorry about that. I was a bit quick there, wasn't I?

What I don't get though is the colored enchantments - red and yellow. I understand that profession-based enchantments like embroidery would require you to level that profession first, but a lot of MoP shoulder- and leg-enchants are shown to have a requirement which doesn't really match the official patch notes:

All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. This means all enchantments can now be applied to heirloom items.
    Is the spreadsheet final, or is it undergoing changes?

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by chrsylvest View Post
    What I don't get though is the colored enchantments - red and yellow. I understand that profession-based enchantments like embroidery would require you to level that profession first, but a lot of MoP shoulder- and leg-enchants are shown to have a requirement which doesn't really match the official patch notes.
    if you go to the spreadsheet and click "go to spreadsheet view" at the top, then scroll a bit to the right, you will see that red indicates that the enchantment is unusable due to level requirement, but might work on heirlooms, and yellow indicates that the enchantment requires a profession.
    Is the spreadsheet final, or is it undergoing changes?
    the spreadsheet is not mine. i believe that it is final, though. all scaled enchantments were pulled from tooltips on the ptr. also, if you go to the spreadsheet, it provides you with a formula to estimate the scaling of enchantments for yourself.

Deleted
    Thank you a lot for your answer!

I understand the basic meaning of the colors, but it doesn't seem to fit with what Blizzard have been saying about enchantments. As I quoted in my previous answer it should be all permanent enchantments and not some. It's hard to figure out the BiS heirloom enhancements for a Beast Master-specced hunter at the moment.

Maybe I should wait for Psynister to update his heirloom guide. I guess i'm just impatient, and was too desperate to join the MMO community.

Cheers you guys!

There are two types of enchantment restriction - level, and ilevel. The latter is being done away with. The first restriction is usually trivial, IE, you need to be level 50 to train enchanting above 225, IIRC. That might be going away too, I don't know.