Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just bonus rolled a HWF AoC.

Wanted the chest...still don't have my 4pc. FML.

Deleted
    Hello

I've got 2 questions, which might have been answered already, but I couldn't find an answer to them yet:
    1. how do you handle Bloodlust / Heroism at pull as we don't have any stack of our brew. I guess there is nothing we could do apart from playing normally and using Xuen, right? Prepot etc. is self-evident. I've tried to use our brew right before the pull, but the buff just gets removed as the stacks
    It frustrates me that actually every class just jumps ahead at pull, although I'm dealing more dmg at the end of the fight

2. I see a lot people using Rushing Jade Wind (I guess thats RjW what everyone uses on this forum ). Especially at Protectors I was wondering how you are tanking the mobs, that RjW actually is worth it. Are you tanking them pretty close together? I mean I put SEF on every target and DPS Sun Tenderheart. However the mobs are tanked pretty far away, so RjW would just hit the target itself - thats what makes me wondering why RjW is stronger than Xuen?
    Also is RjW stronger in fights like Malkorok or Iron Jaugernaut (or what ever the name is )?
    In most cases I'm still using Xuen.

Maybe some words regaring my equipment. I'm at 539 ilvl with 2 set bonus (LFR tokens though...) and dealing roughly 210 DPS - which comes more less to the calculation of Simcraft. The calculations and DPS are with ilvl 534 though, as I was able to push my gear with the latest ID. As per simcraft I should deal now 239k DPS and I'm feeling confident to reach that.
    I've got 9,5k haste and feeling pretty well with that (at least without RjW, which might change using that talent...).

Thank you in advance.
    Hopefully someone finds the time to answer till tonight and I don't have to tank like last week, so I can test that out later on...

PS: Sorry for my English - I'm from Germany and it's almost 3 am - time to catch some sleep
    (no translator used, though :P)
    Last edited by mmoc307ea9bc12; 2013-10-16 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    Just bonus rolled a HWF AoC.

Wanted the chest...still don't have my 4pc. FML.
    If you loot spec BrM on Sha you can only get the chest, it's cheating a little bit hey clever use of mechanics, right?

@CM

1. Nothing you can do about having no burst with lust, it's just a function of the class.

2. RJW on 2 targets with SEF > Xuen on those 2 targets with SEF. He and Sun should always be next to each other, so you should never lose that 2 target advantage. Let other people worry about Rook.

What is the trinket dps ranking for this tier?

Deleted
    Hello, i´ve a question about DW / 2h´ing.

First off, i understand dw has an white cap at 60%, which means that if i get more crit, i dont get any more AA crits, is this true ?
    (the other 40% gets eaten by glancing/hit penalty for dw?)
    Also, does that mean that IF my autoattacks hit, they will always crit?

Secondly, right now i´ve a normal SoO 1h + hc tf ToT 1h and i´m a couple of % away from passive 60% crit.
    Autoattacks are almost always top3 of my damage done in single target fights.'
    Would it be beneficial to try to gun for a hc 2h instead and push for 76% crit ? (I´m guessing more like 70% + any relevant proccs that get me there)

I´m also going for as much passive damage increases as possible, so Multistrike / Thok, as i imagine it would benefit more than random proccs at random times

Edit: Extra bonus stage:

Do Thok and immersius´s amp trinkets stack ? (18% bonus for 2x hc trinkets)
    Last edited by mmoc5a1a332838; 2013-10-16 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nibu123 View Post
    Hello, i´ve a question about DW / 2h´ing.

First off, i understand dw has an white cap at 60%, which means that if i get more crit, i dont get any more AA crits, is this true ?
    (the other 40% gets eaten by glancing/hit penalty for dw?)
    Also, does that mean that IF my autoattacks hit, they will always crit?

Secondly, right now i´ve a normal SoO 1h + hc tf ToT 1h and i´m a couple of % away from passive 60% crit.
    Autoattacks are almost always top3 of my damage done in single target fights.'
    Would it be beneficial to try to gun for a hc 2h instead and push for 76% crit ? (I´m guessing more like 70% + any relevant proccs that get me there)

I´m also going for as much passive damage increases as possible, so Multistrike / Thok, as i imagine it would benefit more than random proccs at random times

Edit: Extra bonus stage:

Do Thok and immersius´s amp trinkets stack ? (18% bonus for 2x hc trinkets)
    Yes, they stack. No, you wouldn't ever WANT to use the Immersius trinket. There's no way a secondary would ever be far enough ahead of agi that losing a proc ENTIRELY would be worth doing. Thok's is only viable because of the 1:1 ratio of str to ap.

Side note - if you're over hit cap, your crit cap increases.

So you should use RJW on 2 targets? Even if you won't get the chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    So you should use RJW on 2 targets? Even if you won't get the chi?
    SCK ticks 3 times. RJW ticks 7 times (it might be 8, have to double check) for 80% of each SCK tick. That means that per energy, RJW does 186% of the damage SCK would do. On 2 targets this is the same as using SCK on 3.73 targets, plus additional melee swings for 2 seconds that you would not otherwise get. Without getting too complicated, ask yourself if you would use SCK on 4 targets even if it didn't give chi. You can still maintain TP and RSK just fine, so the only thing you lose is half a BoK of damage and some credit towards TEB. When you figure that SCK on 3 targets is a DPS increase, it becomes more intuitive that RJW would be an increase on 2.

Do note though that was disregarding SEF. With SEF up RJW essentially does 40% more damage, which blows anything else out of the water on 2 targets.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Totem

With your trinket ranking, at what point should one switch from a H ToT trinket to a SoO trinket? I have H Renataki's and I'm not sure whether I should be running Flex/LFR to try and get Harroms. We clear H Shaman every week so I'll get the H Harrom's trinket sooner or later. Just want to know if Flex or LFR Harroms would be better than H Renataki's
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    SCK ticks 3 times. RJW ticks 7 times
    SCK ticks 4 times, RJW 9. This can be easily tested on a single dummy. Sometimes, a tick gets lost when spamming it back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    SCK ticks 4 times, RJW 9. This can be easily tested on a single dummy. Sometimes, a tick gets lost when spamming it back to back.
    Yeah, finally home so I could check that in-game. Result is largely the same anyway, I remember the math back when it was changed on the PTR from 60% to 80% pretty clearly in favor of SEF/RJW on 2 targets being a huge DPS gain. It's somewhat lengthy and annoying to do a proper analysis because you have to factor in TEB and exactly how much AAing during RJW is worth. I might formally do it up again some day but until anyone wants to try to prove that it's not a DPS gain I'll just assume that it is.

@Babylonius

If Renataki's/Juju are roughly equivalent to TED and Haromm's is much greater than TED, it stands to reason that flex Haromms > H Renataki's (only a 1 ilvl difference from heroic WF Rene to flex Haromm's). I don't know about the LFR version though, if it is better it's not by much and probably not worth subjecting yourself to the hellhole that is LFR right now.

I think there's been a hotfix that's not listed in the notes (as of 17.10.2013):

When using Expel Harm before you get into combat to get free 2 Chi used to cause Dancing Steel to proc.
    This seems to not happen anymore. You can use EH just before combat starts now without the worry of wasting Dancing Steel seconds.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this or if I'm just "lucky" (cleared 1-11 heroic last night and I never had Dancing Steel Proc before combat) with not getting procs.

I've been looking at several different armory profiles. Some people use agi in red sockets, agi/crit in yellow, and agi/hit in blue and others use agi/crit in red, crit in yellow, and crit/hit in blue. Which is the correct way? I've been using the first option and reforging to Haste > Crit > Mastery after capping hit/Exp.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Dizzy/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    I think there's been a hotfix that's not listed in the notes (as of 17.10.2013):

When using Expel Harm before you get into combat to get free 2 Chi used to cause Dancing Steel to proc.
    This seems to not happen anymore. You can use EH just before combat starts now without the worry of wasting Dancing Steel seconds.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this or if I'm just "lucky" (cleared 1-11 heroic last night and I never had Dancing Steel Proc before combat) with not getting procs.
    Now that you mention it I also don't think I've seen my Dancing Steel proc when pooling Chi before a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

This was implemented at the start of 5.4. Nice little QoL change, always a good idea to have 5 chi before pull.

Deleted
    What's the difference between the Amp trinkets? Why is the STR one better than the others? I thought they made all of the procs not work for non-STR etc users?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    What's the difference between the Amp trinkets? Why is the STR one better than the others? I thought they made all of the procs not work for non-STR etc users?
    I can't comment on the procs working or not working for non-STR users, but assuming they still do, the STR Amp trinket and INT Amp trinket amplify similar things but the INT's proc (again, assuming it works) is totally useless as INT doesn't increase our damage in any way, whereas the STR trinket's proc increases our AP on a 1:1 ratio.

Since there's so much love for RJW on this thread, can I get a simple top-of-your-head list of fights where you take said talent over Xuen? The only "fight 2+ enemies the entire battle" fight I can think of is Protectors and otherwise it would seem to become a "turn it on for adds but keep tunneling boss" talent.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Since there's so much love for RJW on this thread, can I get a simple top-of-your-head list of fights where you take said talent over Xuen? The only "fight 2+ enemies the entire battle" fight I can think of is Protectors and otherwise it would seem to become a "turn it on for adds but keep tunneling boss" talent.
    I take it on Protectors, Galrakas, Dark Shaman (normal mode/kite strat only, not on split strat), and Spoils. It's pretty obvious why, and the only fights where it might be questionable are heroic Immerseus and possibly heroic Malkorok to nuke adds but I don't find it necessary on either of those.