Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Spoiler for playable character in this:

I really enjoyed Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb, but in Rebirth the addition of Azazel basically means that I can' be bothered anymore. Playing anything else is just so painful after having played Azazel that I can't enjoy it at all anymore. Azazel is quite interesting to play due to the range restrictions but it gets old after a while because of the limited synergy possibilities when you start with the mini Brimstone.

I'm just sad that this character ruined the game for me.
    Get the Brimstone item.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I know but what I do is pick a character and go to the treasure room asap. If I get a good item, then I'll keep going no matter what. If I don't, I just restart until I get a good one.

Have to somewhat agree with that. I liked him a lot at first but I'm growing weary of playing him because of that.

I just did a hardmode run on him and it was the easiest shit ever.
    This would be terribly boring to me. The fun thing about these games (for me) is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    This would be terribly boring to me. The fun thing about these games (for me) is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    Quite the opposite for me in Isaac. :P

Deleted
    just got my first ever polyphemus.. after 120 hours of playing the game

WOOOH!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! It can get so out of control in Rebirth XD

Just became Guppy for the first time right before It Lives! with the collar and the head... I absolutely destroyed It Lives and Cathedral... poisonous quad shot tears are op... especially with flies. lol
    "A flower.

Deleted
    had a decent run, had no problems clearing rooms

found a dice room with roll 1, so it rerolled all my items.. never have i had a more op run... i managed to one-shot satan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    had a decent run, had no problems clearing rooms

found a dice room with roll 1, so it rerolled all my items.. never have i had a more op run... i managed to one-shot satan
    remember i had monstro's lung + ipecac + crickets head + polyphemus and i was turned into the fly
    and also had tech.5 and tech 2

so i was able to clear out everything with the techs and one-shot all bosses with my charged shot (it took a insanely long time to charge up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized I pre-ordered this game way back when. Could've been playing for a while now, but didn't remember I'd pre-ordered it.

Goddamn, it's fun. I miss some of the sound effects from the old version, and I like the old version's music a lot better, but it's amazing how smooth and responsive the new version is. I'm glad they added the "filter" option too... gets rid of that crappy, ugly super-pixelated appearance and makes things nice and smooth.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gave Azrael a whirl and I can see why people would see him as overpowered. It almost feels like an oversight that you can gain red hearts through normal avenues, because it certainly breaks the theme of the character (meant to be similar to blue baby, I'm guessing, only using black hearts instead of blue hearts) and definitely means he's kind of OP.

Also, Beans! is the most boring damn challenge ever. It's hard to an extent, but mostly it's just damned BORING. Bosses take forever, especially since they apparently get some immunity frames where you can't apply The Bean's/Black Bean's poison effect to them.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are everyone's runs going?

I've not been to it yet, but I can at least get to Dark Room now.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

couple days ago i killed MEGA satan for the first time, and that was even with blue baby, i didn't get any kinda of item unlocks or achievements.. so that was a bummer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

I've been playing on hard exclusively so I'm still only up to about 5 kills on mom's heart. All the extra champions, more frequent curses, and far fewer drops definitely make things harder.

I had a Lazarus run today where I got Daddy Long Legs on cellar 1 and then got Gnawed Leaf on cellar 2. I eventually got a bunch of other crazy shit like Fire Mind, Cricket's Head, Mom's Knife, Ceremonial Robes from a curse room, etc, but I basically skipped Depths 1 with an Ehwaz rune to get to Mom faster and pretty much got a free win on the boss rush. Stand in the middle of the room, go do laundry for 10 mins, come back to free unlock. Did the same thing to kill Satan down in Sheol.

Had an Eden run yesterday that got ended when I forgot what the #1 dice room did... I thought it rerolled pickups in the room, since there were a bunch of things sitting on the ground. Nope, #1 rerolls your items, and I went from a ridiculous build with 20/20, Cricket's Head, The Pact, The Sign, Stigmata, Blood of the Martyr, etc (my damage was to the point that I was basically one-shotting regular enemies and killing bosses in like 2-4 hits) to... Technology 2, Monstro's Lung, Soy Milk, and Number One. I was mad.

Azazel is just stupidly fucking overpowered. I don't understand why they let him gain red hearts... he should've been like blue baby and every time he'd gain a red heart, he gains a black heart instead. Azazel is probably the only character who you could honestly skip every item room and boss item and still probably easily beat the game with. Pretty much the only time I die when playing him is if I get too many speed boosts, because it becomes incredibly hard to maintain safe distance when you're zooming around at light speed.

Also, Cain basically sucks now that Lucky Foot got nerfed so hard between games, and Eve is actually useful now. Still haven't gotten around to unlocking Samson yet, but him requiring damage to benefit from his passive makes me think he'll be kind of bad... taking red heart damage basically guarantees you'll never get a devil room/angel room for that floor, and making devil deals is just about the only way to get through hard mode runs unless you get a ton of good luck with item rooms. I keep meaning to use Maggie to unlock some of the awesome shit she gets for beating the game with her, but I just hate that character with a passion, she's way too reliant on making devil deals to compensate for her shitty base stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH MY GOD I JUST GOT GOLDEN GOD THE LAMB IS DOWN!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ealKRHAl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Sl3I8fXl.jpg
    "A flower.

Deleted
    There have been a bit more info about the upcomming DLC for the game

Short list of what's to come:

100+ new items
    A new game mode that will "totally change how you play".
    10 new challenges
    New playable character
    New alternate final chapter
    New alternate floors
    New endings
    New final bosses
    Tons of new bosses and enemies
    New items, cards, pills, etc.
    New achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
    New co-op babies
    New transformations
    More...

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-binding-o...-dlc-detailed/

He hopes to have the dlc ready and released by the middle of the year

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Well if its another "lost" then i guess i will pass. Seriously, lost runs redefined my view on artificial difficulty.

Short list of what's to come:

100+ new items
    10 new challenges
    New playable character
    New alternate final chapter
    New alternate floors
    New endings
    New final bosses
    Tons of new bosses and enemies
    New items, cards, pills, etc.
    New achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
    New co-op babies
    New transformations
    More...