Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Crowd Chose You

Hey,

so they added this new "buff" to arenas what i think is really great. Especially for 2v2. It follows 2 criteria:

- Team with the largest number of players alive

-Team that brought an enemy player closest to death (lowest health)

The first criteria is obviuos: healer/dps vs healer/dps, you kill the dps and the healer decides to be a bitch an run around pillars all game long just cause he is a loser in RL. Happend to us few times against hunter/disc when he just ran around for the rest of the game. Depending on class it can be hard to kill a healer in an arena witm many obstacles.
    I also remeber qq about blood dks...

The 2nd criteria i dont fully understand. Is it meant like what team brought one of the others closer to death during 15 mins?

All in all i think a really good change. It will make 2s way more attractive and prevent the endless games with no1 dieng and healer full of mana.

What do you guys think?

I can still see a smart healer playing this out well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen this buff in action, but I think it's a horrible idea.
    Well, the idea is fine, but dmg buffs have no place in PvP imo.

One of the reasons I absolutely despise Temple of Kotmogu.

Deleted
    I like and support the first part just because of several reasons, some mentioned above.
    Im a little less enthusiastic about the second part because to me it feels like comps that have
    a ton of burst and cooldowns might get favored in the end.

Scenario: Team Burst goes full on offensive on Team NonBurst and almost kills one player
    with all their cooldowns and trinkets popped and what not. The other team recovers but
    the game goes the full length and Team Burst wins because they had more "skill" in popping
    cds and trinkets in the first 2 minutes of the game.

It can be argued that logically the first team was closest to a win because they almost killed
    someone but i also think there should be other factors determining who wins other than swifty-macros.

Oh well... time will tell i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Plz dont call such a helaer smart...i know what you mean but smart is the wrong word. Smart would be , partner dies-healer leaves.

And @Saltyharbls:

Ofc when ppl burst and bring you low in the start it might be a problem but honestly:

- If that happends in 2s then it was double dps who zerged you. When they fail in that lol all out opener then the games wont last 15 mins

- If in 3s, then no matter what combinations you play there should always be a way to bring ppl low within 15 mins

Still better then a boring game which both lose

PS: They should make some special award if the team with the buff still gets outplayed in the ned
    Last edited by PPN; 2013-09-10 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post

PS: They should make some special award if you are the team with the debuff and manage to turn the game your way
    This would be awesome. An achievement for this would be epic

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont see how ANYONE with that buff could possible get outplayed unless its like a 500 rating 2healer v 2healer combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

PS: They should make some special award if the team with the buff still gets outplayed in the ned
    The buff makes you immune to dmg so no chance of that ever happening.

1000% dmg, 100% crit, immune to dmg, Stealth Detection, Invisibility Detection
    The Crowd Chose You
    You can't outplay that, its a match ender and it does that.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-09-10 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I haven't seen this buff in action, but I think it's a horrible idea.
    Well, the idea is fine, but dmg buffs have no place in PvP imo.

One of the reasons I absolutely despise Temple of Kotmogu.
    You obviously didn't read what it's for. It's for ARENA not BG, and it's *AFTER* 15 minutes with no clear winner. If you have arena matches THAT long something is wrong, that's why the buff.. to determine a winner, think of it as a rage time for the advantage players...Otherwise no buffs have no place in PvP I agree but this is EXTENUATING circumstance not all the time..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This pretty much illustrates your ignorance of PvP in Arena and how the buff works.. you can't outplay a "GOD" mode...

Quote Originally Posted by rjparker View Post
    You obviously didn't read what it's for. It's for ARENA not BG, and it's *AFTER* 15 minutes with no clear winner. If you have arena matches THAT long something is wrong, that's why the buff.. to determine a winner, think of it as a rage time for the advantage players...Otherwise no buffs have no place in PvP I agree but this is EXTENUATING circumstance not all the time..
    And you obviously didn't read Dual's post, because they didn't say anything about this buff in BGs. It was a comment on damage buffs in pvp in general (Temple of Kotmogu has a scaling damage done/taken buff on the orb carriers.)
    Last edited by akteliae; 2013-09-10 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This means we will see a lot of double healer and double blood DKs. Thanks blizz.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-09-10 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    This means we will see a lot of double healer and double blood DKs. Thanks blizz.

No it doesn't. You won't get the buff if you can't damage someone.
    What you will see a lot of, though, are unkillable double monk teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
    No it doesn't. You won't get the buff if you can't damage someone.
    What you will see a lot of, though, are unkillable double monk teams.
    MW, Disc, holy, and blood DKs can do good damage actually, the riposte buff to blood helps too.

Last night, one of my arena partners was 760ish away from her 27k cheevy, and thus the ability to buy her metas for next tier. We queued 2s. We lost one game, but one the rest except for one draw.

It should be no surprise that the draw used up as much time as all the other matches and queue times combined. It was versus hpal destro lock (we're mistweaver mrogue), and while we pushed them very low multiple times (they would drop low to try to get mana on the hpal), we weren't able to score a kill. Here's how this would play out, one of these three ways:

1)- The enemy plays differently and is able to burst us very near to death. The team was not capable of this- the few times I let myself get below half it was to bait extensions. This team was not able to do this, but that WOULD be their strat.
    2)- The enemy team sees us burst them to lower than they can burst us to. They don't care and keep trying, then the crowd chooses us and we win.
    3)- The same as (2), but they leave because they know they won't win.

Any of these are WAY better than what happened. I can't believe I had to fight to a fucking draw on the last goddamned night that bullshit will ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I agree with the first reason for the buff, but the second one really doesn't make any sense IMO.

Heavy burst classes that can get you to 10% every single time, but never finish will basically have free wins, while other classes that rely more on sustained like affli locks will never get the buff.

I disagree with this

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    MW, Disc, holy, and blood DKs can do good damage actually, the riposte buff to blood helps too.
    Yeah, no. If any of the above get you low enough to cause you to lose the game via The Crowd Chose You, then you're just frightfully awful.
    Double healer? Focus CC one, burst the other as low as you can. You win in 15 minutes.
    Blood DK team? Do the same as above, except CC the DK. Same result.

Double healers, and DKs, might be difficult to kill, but they are not difficult to *get low once.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    The buff makes you immune to dmg so no chance of that ever happening.

1000% dmg, 100% crit, immune to dmg, Stealth Detection, Invisibility Detection
    The Crowd Chose You
    You can't outplay that, its a match ender and it does that.
    But the possibility of an achievement to people who win against an enemy with it! Or at least survive until the 15 minute draw time if you can kite them extremely well, as the buff doesn't appear to give CC immunity.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Hey,

so they added this new "buff" to arenas what i think is really great. Especially for 2v2. It follows 2 criteria:

- Team with the largest number of players alive

-Team that brought an enemy player closest to death (lowest health)

The first criteria is obviuos: healer/dps vs healer/dps, you kill the dps and the healer decides to be a bitch an run around pillars all game long just cause he is a loser in RL. Happend to us few times against hunter/disc when he just ran around for the rest of the game. Depending on class it can be hard to kill a healer in an arena witm many obstacles.
    I also remeber qq about blood dks...

The 2nd criteria i dont fully understand. Is it meant like what team brought one of the others closer to death during 15 mins?

All in all i think a really good change. It will make 2s way more attractive and prevent the endless games with no1 dieng and healer full of mana.

What do you guys think?

I think it is already being abused...

Went on the WoW arena forums and there is already Blood DK's and other Tank specs looking to run double tank just because of this buff to guarantee a win.

This new feature may very well kill arenas...

Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    I think it is already being abused...

Went on the WoW arena forums and there is already Blood DK's and other Tank specs looking to run double tank just because of this buff to guarantee a win.

This new feature may very well kill arenas...
    That will not guarantee wins. Tanks are not difficult to get low, they're difficult to actually kill; and they won't get you very low in the mean-time.
    Double tank teams will actually just be giving away wins via this mechanic, unless you just lack anything approaching coordinated burst.