Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll look at it, thank you.
    But I was asking because I like to understand how things work.
    With SnD before pull I can get one more ambush. With SnD after I don't have to refresh SnD for a while. But I think I miss the main reason here.

Deleted
    I don't agree (and not just me) to delay SnD in any way at the pull. SnD gives energy regeneration buff too from ur OH autoatks, so having it up ASAP is mandatory.

Aynway these are minor changes on the opener and they don't affect much the overall DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IInox View Post
    I don't agree (and not just me) to delay SnD in any way at the pull. SnD gives energy regeneration buff too from ur OH autoatks, so having it up ASAP is mandatory.

Aynway these are minor changes on the opener and they don't affect much the overall DPS.
    They're discussing Sub spec, not Combat

Combat Woes

I'm working on combat again with my old BC era rogue, which I race changed to Panda for the double food buff. My dps for my gear level (655 ilvl) wasn't bad as assassin, but IMO low for the ilvl, so I respec'd to combat. OMFG, it is so much worse. I gather from the thread, gear matters a lot. However, it also appears timing matters a lot too. I was playing on the target dummies unbuffed, not blowing CDs as they came off, i.e. just going through "rotation" to see what dps would look like. It was pitiful, <15k. I think part of my trouble is timing. It seems I don't have the Combo points with Bandit's Guile is Red, prob used half to at yellow so I wouldn't cap CP, then half to renew S&D, the Red comes with few CP to use. Generally, what I was doing, and probably wrong, S&D up 1st, RvS 2nd, SS to 5 CP, Evis, renew S&D as it falls, RvS as it falls, repeat SS/Evis, etc. Trying to line up Evis with Red seems more like luck unless I cap CP and/or energy. The thread start talked about pooling energy and not immediately refreshing RvS. Without capping CP or energy, how do I reliably line up CP/energy and Red?

Cant' post links yet, Argent Dawn; Sneakypeek

@Painagain Shadowcraft says you should be doing around 24k ST and 40k on 2 target cleave ish, but yes timing is everything I highly recommend some sort of tracking like Weakauras or tell me when to track the snd and rvs up times as well as the current level of insight from bandits.

At ~700+ ilvl for assassination, are we supposed to go 2x Thunderlord? 2x Bleeding Hollow or a mix? I tried Shadowcraft but it said one and then the other (I guess I'm at a break even or something, both crit and mastery are have roughly the same value at around .64) and AMR says double bleeding hollow but all crit gems/enchants. I thought I saw some where that we should use double Thunderlord because of the up time? but I can't find where I saw that so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Any help?

Deleted
    Can someone tell me what addons i should be using as a rogue in pve? i play sub atm. Thanks lads
    Last edited by mmoc3ba04414fc; 2015-06-14 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byitz View Post
    Can someone tell me what addons i should be using as a rogue in pve? i play sub atm. Thanks lads
    You don't really need addons for playing.. But something that can track your buffs and debuff is always a good start.
    Especially if you are using subterfuge, so you can use that last ambush at the last second.
    I myself is doing all this with WeakAuras

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd highly recommend Weakauras or a similar addon for tracking your buffs/debuffs without looking at the top of the screen. I'd also very much recommend setting it up to track your combo points and anticipation stacks together in one easy-to-read graphical interface. Unfortunately the default UI support for Anticipation and combo points is awful. Also you should use WA to track your trinkets and cooldowns while you're at it.

Google some Rogue weakauras or browse the forums for links - there's loads of awesome ones. You can just about anything with a Weakaura, it's so versatile!

Anything else is pretty optional. Any decent action bar addon, unitframe addon and raid frames addon are all of course useful, as well as your boss mods. That's pretty much all I use.

Deleted
    Yeah i use weak auras atm.

I was wondering as far as my burst macro goes when is the best time to use it during a fight ?
    It uses sd,sr, and coin. But if i use it before opener it break stealth. Recommendations?

Yeah i use weak auras atm.

I was wondering as far as my burst macro goes when is the best time to use it during a fight ?
    It uses sd,sr, and coin. But if i use it before opener it break stealth. Recommendations?
    ... What? So you wanted to know about a macro and not any addons? You should know when to use that macro based on how you open. A lot of people open Ambush>Hemo>Ambush>SR+Trinket+Rupture (macro)>SD+Ambush.

Deleted
    this was a pointless post on my part dont know what way you took it up. I figured it out on my own.

this was a pointless post on my part dont know what way you took it up. I figured it out on my own.
    Good for you.

Finally managed to do a pass over the OP.

I have updated stat weights for 6.2 splitting them between T17 and T18. Rotations are basically the same as before.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Does sub still use subterfuge with glyph of vanish for the 2nd subterfuge buff or is shadow focus better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmode View Post
    Does sub still use subterfuge with glyph of vanish for the 2nd subterfuge buff or is shadow focus better?
    As long as you have room for the Vanish glyph, Subterfuge is still superior.

Question regarding rupture clipping and SR. I understand we can clip rupture with 7 seconds and below, but with MS levels so high now it's hard to prepare for SR + SD in regards to rupture. I have been clipping ruptures above the 8 second threshold due to the importance of SR and rupture.
    Have others been dealing with this?
    Is it better to hemo and wait to apply rupture or apply a low level rupture instead a full 5cp refresh like 10 seconds before SR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknot View Post
    Question regarding rupture clipping and SR. I understand we can clip rupture with 7 seconds and below, but with MS levels so high now it's hard to prepare for SR + SD in regards to rupture. I have been clipping ruptures above the 8 second threshold due to the importance of SR and rupture.
    Have others been dealing with this?
    Is it better to hemo and wait to apply rupture or apply a low level rupture instead a full 5cp refresh like 10 seconds before SR?
    Sounds like you are thinking that rupture won't tick after SR is gone, which is not the case. It's best to never clip rupture >8s left.

Quote Originally Posted by RylixTV View Post
    Sounds like you are thinking that rupture won't tick after SR is gone, which is not the case. It's best to never clip rupture >8s left.
    No, I understand it ticks after SR despawns. I may have worded this incorrectly sorry.
    Let's say SR will be up in 12 seconds and my rupture is expiring in 3 secs and I have 5 CP. What I'm doing now is just putting up a hemo, waiting 12 seconds for SR so I can apply a fresh rupture with SR instead of clipping a > 8 rupture. Just wondering how/if this is detrimental.

Deleted
    Yes that is detrimental. You can clip a <12s rupture once during SR and it will still be a gain.