Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not sure if I can ask this here or if I should create a thread:

Is 40k on a "dummy" boss like Kargath as i690 assassination any decent? A friend of mine just commented they have a DK who is i693 doing 58k on Xul'horac, which I don't really know, but according to him is a single target fight for melee.

Regardless of DK being or not being OP atm, it's an 18k dps difference. I feel like I'm doing horribly wrong here.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riene/advanced

Deleted
    Xhul'Horac is one of the better multi-target fights for meeles in HFC, 58k with his ilvl would be a top200 ranking on normal (which is good), but there's quite some DKs pulling better numbers.

See https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4&difficulty=3

Your 40k on a dummy boss is fine, especially given the fact, that you are playing without any set bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Lycania View Post
    Xhul'Horac is one of the better multi-target fights for meeles in HFC, 58k with his ilvl would be a top200 ranking on normal (which is good), but there's quite some DKs pulling better numbers.

See https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4&difficulty=3

Your 40k on a dummy boss is fine, especially given the fact, that you are playing without any set bonuses
    I have a 2 piece 17.

Since I didn't want to make a whole thread about it this seemed like the best place to ask:

i haven't played a rogue in ages, what spec would you consider most fun and useful for solo content? I don't plan on doing any serious raiding but considering some Tanaan stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmzs View Post
    Since I didn't want to make a whole thread about it this seemed like the best place to ask:

i haven't played a rogue in ages, what spec would you consider most fun and useful for solo content? I don't plan on doing any serious raiding but considering some Tanaan stuff.
    Combat or Assassination, I go combat because my other spec is Sub..

Seems like the best thread to ask this question, and it's similar to the last question asked, except all I want to do is raid, not PvP. It seems like you need to have Combat as one of your specs, but what about the other spec for more single target dps? I don't care how "fun" a spec might be, I'm looking for the specs that will get me to bring a high amount of dps to the raid as a rogue should. I can't seem to find this information anywhere so if I could get some help I'd greatly appreciate it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Seems like the best thread to ask this question, and it's similar to the last question asked, except all I want to do is raid, not PvP. It seems like you need to have Combat as one of your specs, but what about the other spec for more single target dps? I don't care how "fun" a spec might be, I'm looking for the specs that will get me to bring a high amount of dps to the raid as a rogue should. I can't seem to find this information anywhere so if I could get some help I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Assasination for lower gear (mastery gear), once you get 4set + class trinket sub will start pulling ahead on single target fights(multistrike gear). Sub is a lot more difficult than assasination, but also far more rewarding if you can master it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakka View Post
    Assasination for lower gear (mastery gear), once you get 4set + class trinket sub will start pulling ahead on single target fights(multistrike gear). Sub is a lot more difficult than assasination, but also far more rewarding if you can master it.
    Thank you! 4 set T18? And is the class trinket from HFC? I used to raid resto Druid back in HM and the start of BRF so I'm 100% in the dark.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the last time I played rogue, you used a slow weapon for MH and fast for OH, no matter the spec unless you were Assassination/Mut because I think you used two slow daggers.

Is this still a thing, or has it changed? I'm a little confused about this too as to what speed/weapon to use for what spec in which hand. I've read about some people using a dagger MH for combat which makes no sense to me...

Deleted
    4Set+Class trinket from archi = sub starts becoming better than assasination, also combat should always be your off spec for fights like iskar.
    As sub it doesn't matter, you just need a dagger in MH and your weapon with highest IL/best stats. As combat just go with 2x slow weapons.

Do you swap a faster MH in when you pop BF? Also, how many targets should you have before you pop BF? And until you reach that number of mobs, do you just work Crimson into the rotation?

If you were into weapon swapping slow/slow is the right combo for KS. Fast/slow is usually superior with cleave up for 3+ targets with BF but weapon switching is rarely worth it since it resets your swing timer.

Deleted
    Does cloak of shadow remove the feltouched debuff you get from getting hit by a fel damage source in xhul?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    Does cloak of shadow remove the feltouched debuff you get from getting hit by a fel damage source in xhul?
    Yes, and it even removes fel surge without you dropping a pool under you, I always cloak if I get the first fel surge not to lose burst at pull

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have a good opener for sub with 4 set bonus?

Deleted
    Hey, I just recently rolled rogue for this tier and although I've played rogue before I've never raided with it til 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I've gotten the hang of Assa and Combat (played them before) although I still wouldn't say I've mastered them at all and I've read that Sub is the highest dmg spec now. I've gotten 4p last night (no class trinket) and I've yet to play Sub ever so wondering if I should wait and stick with Assa with this gear or should I start to attempt Sub even without the trinket? The point being since Assa is supposedly easier spec is the dmg difference between the two so great that it's a big loss of dps not playing Sub instead.

Here's armory as well in case that makes a diff: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...berry/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkmunken View Post
    Yes, and it even removes fel surge without you dropping a pool under you, I always cloak if I get the first fel surge not to lose burst at pull

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have a good opener for sub with 4 set bonus?
    Premed for 2cp 12 sec prior to pull.
    SnD/Pot as you're about to pull.
    Use Vanish/Dance/Reflection>Rupture since you get 5 cp from 2 set.
    Carry on as normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonberry View Post
    Hey, I just recently rolled rogue for this tier and although I've played rogue before I've never raided with it til 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I've gotten the hang of Assa and Combat (played them before) although I still wouldn't say I've mastered them at all and I've read that Sub is the highest dmg spec now. I've gotten 4p last night (no class trinket) and I've yet to play Sub ever so wondering if I should wait and stick with Assa with this gear or should I start to attempt Sub even without the trinket? The point being since Assa is supposedly easier spec is the dmg difference between the two so great that it's a big loss of dps not playing Sub instead.

Here's armory as well in case that makes a diff: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...berry/advanced
    I'd argue assass is more consistent, but sub has more potential. Unless you're pushing mythic progress i'd just play whichever you're most comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    Premed for 2cp 12 sec prior to pull.
    SnD/Pot as you're about to pull.
    Vanish/Reflection>Rupture>Dance since you get 5 cp from 2 set.
    Carry on as normal.
    Fix'd, you can also fit prepa + vanish in the first clone easily for more burst.

Deleted
    For sub, you delay your vanish to combine with SD or you use vanish when it is up or you use vanishto extend FW after SD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaman View Post
    For sub, you delay your vanish to combine with SD or you use vanish when it is up or you use vanishto extend FW after SD ?
    +1 on this question. Also along the same lines, do we overlap AR with killing spree, even though we're "losing" energy?

The general consensus is that you can delay vanish for up to 6 seconds for SD and up to 12 seconds for SD+SR. Outside of those conditions, you use it on cooldown. Note that the difference in dps between the different methods to use vanish is pretty small.

Deleted
    Having pulled out my launch day vanilla Rogue from the dust, leveled to 100, got him some balefull gear and was lucky to loot all 4 705 ilvl items from Kazzak in 2 resets. I'm now ilvl 672 and playing Assassination. I'm wondering wether or not to switch to Sub. I do not have any optimised gear really, balefull comes as it wishes, and ofcourse neither do I have any tier pieces.

What do you guys advice? Stick with Assass or go Sub?