1. #2501
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I hope not. That would mean the best in the world can't take him down after almost a straight week of attempts. What does this mean for the rest of us?
    That all the "This expansion is too easy, raiding is too easy, everything has been sissied down since BC, go~d" types were wrong.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶W̶o̶D̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶d̶d̶e̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶g̶l̶a̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶z̶z̶i̶n̶o̶t̶h̶.̶
    RIP Sweet Prince...

  2. #2502
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,567
    Blood Legion 13/14 H, We now have a race !!

  3. #2503
    Quick question is the order of the paragons the same for US and EU? If not that might explain why the long delay with blood legion.

  4. #2504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Quick question is the order of the paragons the same for US and EU? If not that might explain why the long delay with blood legion.
    It's same always.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  5. #2505
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Quick question is the order of the paragons the same for US and EU? If not that might explain why the long delay with blood legion.
    Paragons is a fixed order now, it hasn't been random since PTR testing.

  6. #2506
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Blood Legion 13/14 H, We now have a race !!
    Method have had 3 days on Garrosh already

  7. #2507
    Quote Originally Posted by oysterwjc View Post
    Spoiler: when u kill H garrosh in phase 3 something will happen, something that will fking dazzle ur doggy eyes
    A bit more: u guys really think this patch gonna end in org? Naive! XD

  8. #2508
    Quote Originally Posted by oysterwjc View Post
    A bit more: u guys really think this patch gonna end in org? Naive! XD
    You talking about the Stormwind Harbor phase? If so, im pretty sure most people know about that being datamined.

  9. #2509
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,599
    Heroic Garrosh, just like Heroic Lei Shen will be VERY tight on the DPS. I foresee not getting a kill this week because not enough gear. I don't think the Berserk timer itself is the issue, just that spending too much time in any of the phases can be lethal, especially if you go over 50 Energy before reaching last phase(Empowered MC is REALLY annoying to deal with on normal, let alone HC).


    I just hope Blizz has tuned it like Ragnaros/Lich King was; Massive DPS/Gear check.

  10. #2510
    Quote Originally Posted by oysterwjc View Post
    A bit more: u guys really think this patch gonna end in org? Naive! XD
    Obviously Garrosh escapes his chains during a heroic only cut scene, becomes some super powered sha orc and lays siege to stormwind after escaping from Pandren justice, and in the heroic phase 4 we must fight and finally kill garrosh, yup totally obvious that's what happens, oh did i mention before we kill him he opens a twisted sha portal unleashing another form of the legion upon us, yeah something like that for sure!

  11. #2511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Heroic Garrosh, just like Heroic Lei Shen will be VERY tight on the DPS. I foresee not getting a kill this week because not enough gear. I don't think the Berserk timer itself is the issue, just that spending too much time in any of the phases can be lethal, especially if you go over 50 Energy before reaching last phase(Empowered MC is REALLY annoying to deal with on normal, let alone HC).


    I just hope Blizz has tuned it like Ragnaros/Lich King was; Massive DPS/Gear check.
    I don't understand why people want gear checks, the boss should be killable with the gear guilds reaching him have now, but it should be very hard.

    What happens with gear checks is they arbitrarily stretch out the time it takes to kill the boss and then it dies the next reset someone gets to him.

  12. #2512
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't understand why people want gear checks, the boss should be killable with the gear guilds reaching him have now, but it should be very hard.

    What happens with gear checks is they arbitrarily stretch out the time it takes to kill the boss and then it dies the next reset someone gets to him.
    Gear checks is basically just a way of saying tight dps requirements mate, if there isn't a gear check that's like saying don't bother with enrage, bring as many healers as you want, Gear checks make fighting for that last bit of dps and perfecting you movement ever so more important

  13. #2513
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't understand why people want gear checks, the boss should be killable with the gear guilds reaching him have now, but it should be very hard.

    What happens with gear checks is they arbitrarily stretch out the time it takes to kill the boss and then it dies the next reset someone gets to him.
    Gear checks exist because they're the easiest way to appease a wide audience. Perfect example is SoO, with Blackfuse going down to many more guilds after another reset of gear. It keeps the bosses difficult the first week for top guilds while allowing lesser skilled guilds to enjoy it when they have the appropriate gear.

    Without gear checks everything would be downed the first week.

  14. #2514
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't understand why people want gear checks, the boss should be killable with the gear guilds reaching him have now, but it should be very hard.

    What happens with gear checks is they arbitrarily stretch out the time it takes to kill the boss and then it dies the next reset someone gets to him.
    Because honestly, what's the point of even putting in berserk timers on end boss if people kill it with iLvls way lower than intended.

  15. #2515
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because honestly, what's the point of even putting in berserk timers on end boss if people kill it with iLvls way lower than intended.
    So you don't trivialize every fight by bringing 10-15 healers?

  16. #2516
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    So you don't trivialize every fight by bringing 10-15 healers?
    That wasn't the point. Even with 7-8 healers, you would have a VERY hard time making the small timers that matter, perfect example of Lei Shen was reaching a certain conduit energy level right at 65%, which for P1 was usually Just after or before the 4th platform Thunderstruck.

    And top guilds had to use BL AND 5 Healers to reach that! When we arrived to Lei Shen heroic, we reached the 65%/4th Thunderstruck without BL and we even had 1 more healer than top guilds.

    The Berserks should be like Lich King 25HC(albeit, not with such a high DPS requirement that you needed weekly/monthly nerfs). Lei Shen Heroic "berserk" was just that healers couldn't keep up with Winds damage anymore. I don't even know if Sha of Fear had a berserk timer on Heroic, since you were 99.9% more likely to wipe from being overwhelmed by Adds.

  17. #2517
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexz View Post
    Obviously Garrosh escapes his chains during a heroic only cut scene, becomes some super powered sha orc and lays siege to stormwind after escaping from Pandren justice, and in the heroic phase 4 we must fight and finally kill garrosh, yup totally obvious that's what happens, oh did i mention before we kill him he opens a twisted sha portal unleashing another form of the legion upon us, yeah something like that for sure!
    Part of me suddenly wants this to happen

  18. #2518
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    That wasn't the point. Even with 7-8 healers, you would have a VERY hard time making the small timers that matter, perfect example of Lei Shen was reaching a certain conduit energy level right at 65%, which for P1 was usually Just after or before the 4th platform Thunderstruck.

    And top guilds had to use BL AND 5 Healers to reach that! When we arrived to Lei Shen heroic, we reached the 65%/4th Thunderstruck without BL and we even had 1 more healer than top guilds.

    The Berserks should be like Lich King 25HC(albeit, not with such a high DPS requirement that you needed weekly/monthly nerfs). Lei Shen Heroic "berserk" was just that healers couldn't keep up with Winds damage anymore. I don't even know if Sha of Fear had a berserk timer on Heroic, since you were 99.9% more likely to wipe from being overwhelmed by Adds.
    In that case, Berserk timers act as a safety net that helps prevent guilds from killing bosses by using undiscovered, gimmicky (or degenerate, as Blizzard likes to describe them these days) strategies to overcome whatever dps checks a particular phase might have.

  19. #2519
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Blood Legion 13/14 H, We now have a race !!
    The race was over three days ago imho. Method is in a league of their own. Expect a kill within 24 hours.

    “The only thing that burns in hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life: your memories, your attachments. They burn 'em all away. But they're not punishing you,' he said. 'They're freeing your soul. Relax.”

  20. #2520
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    In that case, Berserk timers act as a safety net that helps prevent guilds from killing bosses by using undiscovered, gimmicky (or degenerate, as Blizzard likes to describe them these days) strategies to overcome whatever dps checks a particular phase might have.

    Atramedes post-post-post-post-post-post hotfix, anyone :P? The one where you'd stand in the doorway and dps him, then run when he flew up and just run forever, then come back and dps him for a little while untill he flew up again and repeat untill dead. If there had been no enrage timer or gong-soft enrage mechanic, this would have made the boss incredibly easy (not that it wasn't already).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •