Deleted
    You can't kill the red orb every single time. The unintended tactic was that the boss could enter the red phase for a second only and then re-enter the vita phase again, clearing all debuffs. Get your facts straight. This would have been found out with minimal testing on the boss though, which is abit sad.

I love how this thread went from "LOL WHAT A JOKE 10 BOSSES RACE IS A JOKE LOLYOLOSWAG" to "what an incredible difficulty curve" "this race is awesome" etc etc. Everyone jumped off the bandwagon almost as fast as they jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    He is correct though.
    no, you may leave too

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    The difficulty curve is phenomenal. Really good job to blizzard, and to paragon and method.
    Need more 12/14 guilds!!!!
    Wholeheartedly agreed. And I thought T15 as a raiding tier was going to be hard to top.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    You can't kill the red orb every single time. The unintended tactic was that the boss could enter the red phase for a second only and then re-enter the vita phase again, clearing all debuffs. Get your facts straight. This would have been found out with minimal testing on the boss though, which is abit sad.
    The key thing is really that you only get the vita explosion if you actually change phases. If you kill the red orb every time, thereby never leaving the vita phase, you never get the vita explosion again, just the one time at the start. The explosion is 600k and then 660, and then 720... quickly gets out of hand and it should have been what prevented you from just repeatedly doing the blue phase, except it just didn't happen. So you kill the red orb over and over until your whole raid has vita sensitivity, then enter the red phase for a second as you say by letting him eat the orb just to reset the debuffs, and go straight back into blue but mitigate the explosion with the double health.

What makes the strat possible is that you don't get the vita explosion if you kill the red orb and explode the blue orb if you are already in the vita phase. That's the bug, and that's what created the unintended strat.

Anyway I don't see how the specifics of the strat (which I am quite aware of, I assure you) are particularly relevant. The point is that Paragon were trying to kill the boss however they could, and doing the whole fight in vita phase was never a potentially bannable offense anyway. It's just the way the fight worked, it's not the players job to figure out how it was meant to work and try and force it to actually be killable. Not really the same as evade bugging stuff or rebuilding the platform or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    no, you may leave too
    You are missing an argument there somewhere. Saying I'm wrong doesn't really prove anything.

Deleted
    Incorrect. Devai said the exact opposite. They had been doing it with a wrong strat and wasted weeks.
    No, we tried the _correct/current_ tactic and it didn't work back then. They just fixed other bugs and made the tactic available and therefore we wasted weeks. No reason to visit back on strat that doesn't work on limited attempt boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deva View Post
    No, we tried the _correct/current_ tactic and it didn't work back then. They just fixed other bugs and made the tactic available and therefore we wasted weeks. No reason to visit back on strat that doesn't work on limited attempt boss.
    Then I must have misunderstood you. Anyways you still wasted weeks by doing the "wrong/impossible" strat (as the current one had just become viable).

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    The key thing is really that you only get the vita explosion if you actually change phases. If you kill the red orb every time, thereby never leaving the vita phase, you never get the vita explosion again, just the one time at the start. The explosion is 600k and then 660, and then 720... quickly gets out of hand and it should have been what prevented you from just repeatedly doing the blue phase, except it just didn't happen. So you kill the red orb over and over until your whole raid has vita sensitivity, then enter the red phase for a second as you say by letting him eat the orb just to reset the debuffs, and go straight back into blue but mitigate the explosion with the double health.

What makes the strat possible is that you don't get the vita explosion if you kill the red orb and explode the blue orb if you are already in the vita phase. That's the bug, and that's what created the unintended strat.

Anyway I don't see how the specifics of the strat (which I am quite aware of, I assure you) are particularly relevant. The point is that Paragon were trying to kill the boss however they could, and doing the whole fight in vita phase was never a potentially bannable offense anyway. It's just the way the fight worked, it's not the players job to figure out how it was meant to work and try and force it to actually be killable. Not really the same as evade bugging stuff or rebuilding the platform or whatever.
    Just would like to add the fact that the kill strategy wasn't doable during our first day at Ra-den and with the limited attempts there was no reason to re-try a strategy that was previously not doable.

I'd also like to emphasize that the current ranking Depraved has reached has nothing to do with us, they have reached it on their own and that will be the case in future as well.

Edit: Deva was faster

Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    Just would like to add the fact that the kill strategy wasn't doable during our first day at Ra-den and with the limited attempts there was no reason to re-try a strategy that was previously not doable.

I'd also like to emphasize that the current ranking Depraved has reached has nothing to do with us, they have reached it on their own and that will be the case in future as well.

Edit: Deva was faster
    Sorry, since you're both Finnish guilds we thought that you were the same people irl.

So word around town is the Paragons are buggy encounter (hur dur dur). Anyone that can confirm?

You are missing an argument there somewhere. Saying I'm wrong doesn't really prove anything.
    strat was figured out after a couple of pulls. only thing that kept the boss alive was being there with 525 item level.

Australian's taking command of the us servers talk about that 3/4 Top US Guilds being Aussies. Rep it up boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Weren't Paragon trying to do the fair tactic on Ra-den that was supposed to be much harder than it turned out to be because everyone decided to take the easy way out in the fight and they followed?
    one of the fixes on the fight broke it, thus allowing the "easy" tactic to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    They had to find a strategy which was possible with their gear, which was apparently impossible at the time.
    Later, with more gear, they tried one of their first strategies and it did work.
    Like I said, strategy is the most important point and only in rares cases (Ra-Den) gear and the correct strategy is nessasary.

P.S: Next time dont act like a child. Instead of "OMG LOL JuSt LEF" you can say: "Thats wrong, because xx"
    you have 0 clue about anything and just display your beyond stupid assumptions as facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    you have 0 clue about anything and just display your beyond stupid assumptions as facts.

<snip>

On topic: Reminder that this is a WORLD FIRST thread, and discussions about this teir's world firsts. If you guys wish to discuss last tier, I am certain there are other threads to do it in.

Paragon's makes the head hurt in the first 3 min of the 5th pull.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-09-23 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

On topic: Reminder that this is a WORLD FIRST thread, and discussions about this teir's world firsts. If you guys wish to discuss last tier, I am certain there are other threads to do it in.

Paragon's makes the head hurt in the first 3 min of the 5th pull.
    You're is short for You are. I hope you are aware of this. Unless you're trolling. But you'd know that...

So every one rocketed through the first 10 bosses and is getting cock blocked by the 11th? Nice balancing there Blizz.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So every one rocketed through the first 10 bosses and is getting cock blocked by the 11th? Nice balancing there Blizz.
    The ones that rocketed through the first 10 bosses also had gear that was higher ilvl than it was designed for, as well as being the top raiding teams in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if they are going to do the end of the tier nerf to this raid? Curious is all.