Thread: Zombie run 5k

Zombie run 5k

Going to do a Zombie 5k in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anyone has done it and what they thought.

I ran my first one this June, and had a blast! I don't know what I expected, but this was awesome. Most people were in costume, from the obvious zombies to superheroes to a chicken... It is not a traditional run, but more of a jog from obstacle to obstacle, with 'zombie' zones where you will Sprint. You start with a flag football belt and three flags, if youfinish with any flags, you survived. My buddies and I are planning to come back next year, and volunteer as zombies once we have finished the run!
    Last edited by Elorii; 2013-09-19 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Oh my god how have I never heard of this before?! That sounds like so much fun, I think that'd be the only kind of 5k I'd ever run haha.

Seems like a dopey gimmick to me, but I guess I'm a curmudgeon. If I'm doing a 5K, I'm looking for a PR time and not much else.

Yeah, this is definitely not a classic run. I usually run 8k or 10k events, true runs. This is more like a fun run, but with mud, obstacles and zombies. You aren't going to get a personal best, but, if you go with a group, it is a great time. The event I went to had a 40 foot mudslide into a puddle, telephone bridges to run across, walls, ditches, stumps, and all sorts of other obstacles. In addition there were about 7 areas where there were zombies attacking you. All in all, I came out bruised, caked in mud, and thoroughly amused! Plus, the event I went to was raising funds for a cleft palate charity, so it was for a good cause, also.

If you like the Spartan, or Tough Mudder, this is like those, but more chill. Everyone was having a good time, and after we were done, we got to hang with the zombies and laugh. Not everyone can say they have been chased by a zombie Wolverine, or bride and groom, after all!

Check it out: http://zombierun.com/

It can be a nice change of pace. It really depends on the volunteers, I think. Some of the zombies from the run I did last year were really creepy, others were just really annoying.