Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    was about to link that!

the part where said they "they are communicating" is very intriguing!
    Yeah, that's got me wondering if the iRex is acting like a queen or leader. driving all the other dinosaurs to stop being so relatively docile (especially since we see one of the semi-tame raptors attacking a guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Poster
    http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/asset...53526950_o.jpg

oh-oh...didn't realize people could be below surface level to the Mosasaur...
    That would be utterly terrifying. Ever been at the aquarium when a shark decides to take a run at the glass for whatever reason? That's enough to make you jump, but imagine the Mosasaur doing that... Even if the glass/transparent steel/whatever doesn't break, I think I'd have a heart attack.
    Last edited by Osoroshii; 2015-04-20 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my Prediction is this will lead to some kind of proto humanoid evolutionary dinosaur
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    What the fuck is up with the shitty colour grading and bloom effects on most of the CGI-heavy movies as of late?

First Hobbit took that dick, now its Jurassic Park is making the same mistake (same with the shitty Terminator that is supposed to come out this summer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    my Prediction is this will lead to some kind of proto humanoid evolutionary dinosaur
    You should notice how many fingers Indominus Rex has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if this movie doesn't live up to the hype, and it probably won't. But my body is ready.

Deleted
    Cringe... But idgaf it has dinosaurs! Dinorawrs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was just me but I read today on the Blinkfeed on my phone that the T-Rex from Jurassic Park is definitely confirmed, she is 22 years old and battlescard.

Raises my hype level for this movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    lol that fucking transition from the natural, warm colors of the first JP to the glowy shit of the new one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaajs View Post
    lol that fucking transition from the natural, warm colors of the first JP to the glowy shit of the new one
    Well to be honest they only used that style of lighting in the first JP to mask the cgi somewhat.

Deleted
    From all that's been shown so far, this film looks like a disgrace to the Jurassic park name.

Jurassic park is about suspense and wonder. Not overuse of CGI, King dinosaur telling the others what to do and bloody star lord ordering raptors around.

Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    From all that's been shown so far, this film looks like a disgrace to the Jurassic park name.

Jurassic park is about suspense and wonder. Not overuse of CGI, King dinosaur telling the others what to do and bloody star lord ordering raptors around.

Damn it.
    You wanted the exact same movie or no movie at all, then.

The book didn't 'hide' the dinosaurs for too long, and it had a great deal of intelligent dinosaurs and tampering with genetics leading to unexpected results.

Nowadays the 'oops, the computer didn't count the dinousaurs right!' or the 'tropical storm, no way our technology can handle that!' is even less believable than bringing dinosaurs to life. They had to create a new threat, one that would break out the most sophisticated enclosure.

Now, I personally don't like how the I-Rex looks, but I think the plot is way more true to Jurassic Park than the second movie, which was about dinosaur hunters vs naturalists, or the third one, which was kind of a lame horror movie about dinosaurs? Hard to describe, really.

As for CGI vs practical, there's just so much you can do with practical. The amount and variety of dinosaurs displayed in the trailers, plus the more action-y scenes make it basically impossible to do everything with animatronics. Yes, the CGI could be better, but it always can be better, that's what happens with computers.

If they manage to get the plot somewhat right and the movie is enjoyable enough, I'm not going to spend the whole thing looking at the pixels and saying 'nope, those three scales should be 3.62% brighter for more realism'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You wanted the exact same movie or no movie at all, then.
    Yes - I would prefer no movie than this being related to the original Jurassic Park.

Deleted

Turns out Raptors also love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post

Damn it.
    This. Well said.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Seriously though, there was one good Jurassic Park and even that was chock-full of plot holes and questionable script choices. I mean, talking raptors? Really?

Deleted
    Lol even dinos love bacon!

I'll wait to past judgement until I see the movie. Plot-wise, the movies have gotten worse since the original, (though the two books beat the crap out of the movies and the second one is quite a bit different from the movie). But if you're going to a JP expecting a great, original plot then you're going to see the wrong movie, you go see it for the dinosaurs. IMO, the dinosaurs only got better looking each movie, and they're amongst the most realistic looking monsters of any kind throughout all of cinema, even all these years later, dinosaurs have never been done better. While I think the dinosaurs look pretty damn good from the trailer, it does look like overkill in terms of how much screen time is going to be spent on special effects. But again, I'll wait to see the movie first.

Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post

Turns out Raptors also love bacon.
    22 years and this is the cgi we get?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is kind of odd that some of the CGI looks so wonky with a 150mil budget. Not going to judge it at first glace fully ofcourse, but yeah.

I'm curious, anyone know what studio took care of the effects? (ILM/WETA,other?)
    Last edited by Shampro; 2015-06-08 at 07:57 PM.