Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We won't be seeing the next Warchief in 5.4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Y00...tu.be&t=30m00s

They want to end 5.4 with the players defeating Garrosh and setting events in motion, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see who succeeds him.

Good? Bad? Horde bias? Speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by sancha999 View Post

They want to end 5.4 with the players defeating Garrosh and setting events in motion, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see who succeeds him.

Depends on how long the patch involving the appointment of one takes, people will loose interested in it before too long, Would love to see the Forsaken make a huge push since they weren't hugely involved in this campaign.

Deleted
    To be honest I don't really care who the next warchief is, I want to see the cinematic of Garrosh dieing.

we'll see. method only 1 boss away from cinematic.

on twitch.tv>

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly by the time I'm home to dig up my sources saying no name in 5.4, the cinematic will be up and the debate over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    we'll see. method only 1 boss away from cinematic.
    Link??????

Deleted
    It makes sense when you think about it. People need to keep in mind that this is a story and certain level of immersion have to be maintained. A situation where Thrall and co. already pick next warchief would be a direct blow to the immersion, if not then it would present all heroes as smug arrogant bunch who knew that it would end well anyway. Ofcourse it will be a good ending but we know this as players outside the game.

TLR: Makes sense because immersion.

Doesn't look like Method is steaming the Garrosh fight. At least I couldn't find it on twitch.tv

You do realize other developers have said we'd see it in the 5.4 cinematic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Doesn't look like Method is steaming the Garrosh fight. At least I couldn't find it on twitch.tv
    They're just doing Flex right now

Won't see him on the throne (in orgrimmar), but we will definetly see him in the cinematic.
    Garrosh will sit on the throne til next content patch.

Bad.

It's like they ended the ICC patch with Bolvar saying '' There must always be a Lich King '' and then the cinematic simply cut.

Treckie said on his stream that the Garrosh Cinematic is not datamined yet, so they don't even know yet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnovacaine View Post
    Treckie said on his stream that the Garrosh Cinematic is not datamined yet, so they don't even know yet.

it's been datamined. The file names have been posted here on MMO champ many times over. The problem is the files are encrypted, so even if you find them you still can't play them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

And then they did a 180 and said we'd see it in the 5.4 cinematic, so yeah...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    So that only leads to the next question, who holds the Horde together until the decision is made? They can't be leaderless or you'll have Sylvanas or someone lese taking advantage of the situation.

Buffed: We will also have the initiation of the next warchief. How is this going to proceed?
    Chilton: In patch 5.4 there is a cinematic after Garroshs' defeat in which the new warchief will be selected. So players can experience that soon.

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...ckton-1084635/

This is a more recent interview confirming we will see the Warchief "crowned".

Reposted from other thread

I hope it is not in the cinematic. I don't wanna have to avoid every WoW site for the month and a half until I can see it in-game.

What? There you have it! Blizzard LIED! Again!

Greedy! Evil! Cancel sub!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The problem is that in an interview and on tweets made later than that one they said that we would see the new warchief in 5.4 ...

Maybe they meant we wouldn't see him 'ingame' yet as in present as an NPC in Orgrimmar, and the others meant that we would know who it would be from the end cinematic.
    Anarchor is correct in their first sentence. It was later revealed that we would know the new warchief in 5.4. Dunno if they changed their mind.