Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    That's "loot crate" model, you won't know what until you get it, and won't be able to buy it after. Seems to be an average of 5 games a month, following this:

1 hot title < a year old
    1 highly-acclaimed < two years old.
    1-2 indie
    1-2 hidden gems

Also:

That's disappointing. I'd have liked it to be like Mircosoft's Games for Gold program. Where they announce what you'll get ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video reminds me of one I saw about a loot crate opening where the guy didn't even recognise half the shit

is it just me... or is SG down since a couple hours ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaya2 View Post
    is it just me... or is SG down since a couple hours ago?
    It's been down for me since 0600 this morning Central Time.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    There was an announcement on the SG group, apparently the IP provider has blocked it because of "suspicious amount of traffic" for 24hrs, cg also said that they are looking for someone new because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlife View Post
    There was an announcement on the SG group, apparently the IP provider has blocked it because of "suspicious amount of traffic" for 24hrs, cg also said that they are looking for someone new because of it
    ouch... that's not good, esp. since I had my eyes on a couple GA's... :P

still, ISP should not be doing that... that sucks... let's hope it gets sorted out soon...

thx for the info...

Deleted

So, any way to get the monthly Humble thing without a credit card?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only details it asked me were CC number, expiry date and CVC, so have you tried using a debit card?

There's also a service where you can generate "temporary" credit card numbers, to safeguard yourself from fraud. One of those might work, especially if you can link it to Paypal or something.

I have, but we have Maestro instead of Master. Doesn't accept my cardnumber.

Deleted
    It refused my debit card in the UK (Visa debit - certainly accepted in every single store that takes cards here). Only worked when I used a credit card instead. Very annoying.

Guess I won't be subscribing then. Their problem if they don't want my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Guess I won't be subscribing then. Their problem if they don't want my money.

Do you have anything like PayPal? Otherwise only thing I can think is send someone some money who has a card that will work and work something out with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Do you have anything like PayPal? Otherwise only thing I can think is send someone some money who has a card that will work and work something out with them.
    Having to jump through hoops, the easiest way to scare people off your idea/product. This might hurt Humble. I guess they have stats of how many pay by each payment method though, so maybe not. Who can say, but they've lost at least a few potential sales.

I use PayPal for almost everything since that's the only way for me to pay for most of those bundles. Not going to send other people money just to pay for a bundle..

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact
    Humble Bundle is proud to partner with PayPal Giving Fund
    - - - Updated - - -

Quite funny how I'm reading a book for work about this exact problem right now. The book is about maximizing conversion and revenue from webshops and not being able to pay (with their preferred payment method) is one of the problems he talks about. The line "the client encountered an obstacle" is going to haunt me forever D:

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Having to jump through hoops, the easiest way to scare people off your idea/product. This might hurt Humble. I guess they have stats of how many pay by each payment method though, so maybe not. Who can say, but they've lost at least a few potential sales.
    Yeah. Didn't say it was ideal :P Just an option if someone really wants it, but their payment method isn't accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the FaQ they accept debit cards too.

However this page says Major Credit/Debit Card via Stripe*

*Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.

So I guess for some stupid reason Visa Debit is out of the picture.

I created a ticket asking if they plan to implement other payment methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone asked their support team about the monthly thing, so he's a little more information (not about paying):
    Q. Does "haven't been featured in other bundles" mean only never been in previous Humble Bundles? Or will games not have been bundled anywhere (including other bundle sites)?
    We're trying our best to pick a good mix of some of our favorite classic games, and hot new games! Each month's Humble Monthly release will include a mix of games never before released in a Humble Bundle, and some of our favorite classics from previous bundles.

Q. Will each game be a separate Steam key? Or will games be grouped together as a single Steam key?
    Absolutely all of the games that you get as part of the Humble Monthly subscription are individually giftable. Once the November content unlocks, you can feel free to give away any of the games you will receive.

Q. An IGN article states that "At launch, all games in the monthly bundle will include Steam codes. However, in the future, some games will be DRM-free and may not be on Steam, or may appear on other platforms." However, your site says "What are the games playable on? / Steam for Windows. Sometimes more!" Can you confirm whether games in the Monthly bundle (past November) will all be Steam playable?
    We certainly appreciate the level of attention we've been getting from the press regarding Humble Monthly, but unfortunately some of the information being circulated is incorrect. All games provided in the Humble Monthly subscription will have Steam keys included, and are guaranteed to be compatible with Windows. We always try our best to be as inclusive as possible with the range of platforms we support. Oftentimes this means we will be able to include a DRM-free version, and support for Mac, and sometimes even Linux.
    The "favorite classics from previous bundles." sounds like some serial bundle buyers may be a little disappointed with some of their games.

Another "confirmed" there will be "around 5 games" each month, which we've already seen mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The "favorite classics from previous bundles." sounds like some serial bundle buyers may be a little disappointed with some of their games.

Another "confirmed" there will be "around 5 games" each month, which we've already seen mentioned.
    Sounds like "pay more than you already have paid for things you've already bought" to me.
    Oh, hi.