Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Also sorry I ended up on your Blacklist Gray Matter.
    I wasn't referring to you or any of the other people who post a lot here and have a lot of wins in my post above, although your ratio has become a bit skewed which is probably why I blacklisted you. Most of you guys/gals are fairly active in this thread. I was referring to some people who have made one or two posts in this thread, normally to get invited into the group, and then vanish and don't surface again. They just join the giveaways.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2015-12-27 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I wasn't referring to you or any of the other people who post a lot here and have a lot of wins in my post above, although your ratio has become a bit skewed which is probably why I blacklisted you. Most of you guys/gals are fairly active in this thread. I was referring to some people who have made one or two posts in this thread, normally to get invited into the group, and then vanish and don't surface again. They just join the giveaways.
    No worries, I noticed it because I couldn't enter this one with an hour left and still needs 1 more entry although you are not really hurting with your contributor level.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    No worries, I noticed it because I couldn't enter this one with an hour left and still needs 1 more entry although you are not really hurting with your contributor level.
    I am not worried about my SG level any more. I am trying to focus more on the better giveaways now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I just went through and blacklisted folks in the MMOC/bundlers groups (since I whitelist both) who give away little to nothing but win a ton. I'm happy to give away to other folks who give back, and even dirty unicorn lovers that happen to win a metric fuckton but still give back. But for those taking advantage of this platform and many folks extreme generosity (since there are folks who have donated an insane amount of games) I don't mind spending the minute or two to blacklist them. All the remaining cool folks though, ALL THE GAMEZ.
    Hi, did you see my PM?
    I'd like to join the group, have some gamecodes to give away myself too.

Yeah, I just went through and blacklisted folks in the MMOC/bundlers groups (since I whitelist both) who give away little to nothing but win a ton. I'm happy to give away to other folks who give back, and even dirty unicorn lovers that happen to win a metric fuckton but still give back. But for those taking advantage of this platform and many folks extreme generosity (since there are folks who have donated an insane amount of games) I don't mind spending the minute or two to blacklist them. All the remaining cool folks though, ALL THE GAMEZ.
    You have the power to kick them from the steam group right? Which in turn would expel those from the SG group.

Also a large part of (granted, not all of it since in the beginning it was hoover mode for us early adopters) was joining into ensure people get 5 or more entries,. on any and all games. Nowadays I find myself just not entering leftovers that doesn't even have cards,. and requesting a reroll in case i do win for the sake of getting 5 entries to ensure people get credit.
    I can't hope to get to "equal" any of the top givers,. and neither could some of the other unicorn users,. but we do give away stuff. (3 active right now even) :P
    We're an active part in the thread, and giveaway stuff,. so it's a bit disappointing to get blacklisted by some people. Still their choice if they feel that's how the games get to reach the people they want. (and then we silently grin if it gets to 3-4 entries while we could have helped otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    they just don't want people to join just to cash in on the free games.

having posted here before etc. or having given out games even shows that you're somewhat a part of their small community
    Exactly this.
    We've had some streaks of people sign up to the group just for the sake of leeching at random times in the past.
    The moderators do a great job of scanning and making sure not some random jack n jill jump in and be asses about it,.
    Since babycat was a first time poster and immediately requests entry, he should understand that would raise some flags. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Indie Gala - Hentai Bundle 2 - https://www.indiegala.com/sexy
    You'd never see this on HB,.
    Kind of funny,. but not worth my money.

I am not worried about my SG level any more. I am trying to focus more on the better giveaways now.
    SG level can be useful though,. no hurt in going higher at no effort.
    We all want you to get rewarded in some way other than karma
    Last edited by bbr; 2015-12-27 at 08:41 AM.

Well, I did post before in the steam thread, but as said before, I'm more of a longtime lurker than a poster. I've lurked on this thread and the steam one a lot in the past few years. And as I stated, I do have things to offer in return.

Arrgh, SteamGifts is annoying sometimes. I would like to add a giveaway at a certain level on SG and then add a few more people to the list but it seems like that's not an option. The level overrides all. Going to have to add a lot of people to my whitelist now

I was actually thinking of blacklisting frequent winners and noncontributors but I think it would just piss off a lot of people, so I just put most of my giveaways as level 4.

Arrgh, SteamGifts is annoying sometimes. I would like to add a giveaway at a certain level on SG and then add a few more people to the list but it seems like that's not an option. The level overrides all. Going to have to add a lot of people to my whitelist now
    You can use the whitelist to add more people. But the level restriction still overrides that I think.
    Alternative is to close the giveaway and recreate it.

Deleted
    This discussion comes up every now and again. The nature of the system being random does of course mean that some people end up giving away a lot more than others, and some people end up receiving and not giving anything away. I just want to say that of course anyone is more than free to blacklist, whitelist, levels, use whatever giveaway medium they want for their games, but we don't have a ratio rule on the steamgroup - the steamgroup was just an easy way to gather people who use this thread and steam, so that people can quickly give stuff away on SG if they don't want to take the time to choose the individuals themselves.

I for one don't care if people have a poor ratio or have never given a single game away. I care more that people actually activate the game, seem to actually want it, and have the decency to say thank you if they win... people not doing those things is the main reason I stopped giving away in our group, rather than being bothered by anyone who won a lot but didn't give anything away. I had to remove someone from the steam group a few weeks ago who was winning stuff and then adding it as a giveaway without even redeeming it... but I'm not gonna remove someone who legitimately won and redeemed 20 games just because they never gave anything away themselves. If anyone wants to take over the group with a more tightly moderated set of rules then I don't mind that but atm we never set those rules and I personally don't think they're needed given the other tools available to people if they want to be more specific. I have not ever removed anyone because they were no longer active on this thread or MMOC either, but perhaps that is a more reasonable concern, I don't mind going through the members and if they haven't been on MMOC in a while but are still active on SG perhaps that would be a reason for removal (and re-add them if they come back to the community)

If anyone else wants to be added to the steam group please PM me your profile, if you just post on the thread it will probably get lost or unnoticed and we need a specific steam profile link to add you.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of giveaways from the humble bundle from me. Don't enter to just get me to 5 entries and tell me to reroll please, it creates time for me and support, I really don't care about my CV level in any way so under 5 people is just fine. I don't care if you have won 1 million things in the past because perhaps you have a magical unicorn that you touch inappropriately, I am not judging - if you want it, and intend to add it to your account, just enter it

Level 1 This group + my whitelist

Level 3 Two groups + my whitelist

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    This discussion comes up every now and again. The nature of the system being random does of course mean that some people end up giving away a lot more than others, and some people end up receiving and not giving anything away. I just want to say that of course anyone is more than free to blacklist, whitelist, levels, use whatever giveaway medium they want for their games, but we don't have a ratio rule on the steamgroup - the steamgroup was just an easy way to gather people who use this thread and steam, so that people can quickly give stuff away on SG if they don't want to take the time to choose the individuals themselves.

I for one don't care if people have a poor ratio or have never given a single game away. I care more that people actually activate the game, seem to actually want it, and have the decency to say thank you if they win... people not doing those things is the main reason I stopped giving away in our group, rather than being bothered by anyone who won a lot but didn't give anything away. I had to remove someone from the steam group a few weeks ago who was winning stuff and then adding it as a giveaway without even redeeming it... but I'm not gonna remove someone who legitimately won and redeemed 20 games just because they never gave anything away themselves. If anyone wants to take over the group with a more tightly moderated set of rules then I don't mind that but atm we never set those rules and I personally don't think they're needed given the other tools available to people if they want to be more specific. I have not ever removed anyone because they were no longer active on this thread or MMOC either, but perhaps that is a more reasonable concern, I don't mind going through the members and if they haven't been on MMOC in a while but are still active on SG perhaps that would be a reason for removal (and re-add them if they come back to the community)

If anyone else wants to be added to the steam group please PM me your profile, if you just post on the thread it will probably get lost or unnoticed and we need a specific steam profile link to add you.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of giveaways from the humble bundle from me. Don't enter to just get me to 5 entries and tell me to reroll please, it creates time for me and support, I really don't care about my CV level in any way so under 5 people is just fine. I don't care if you have won 1 million things in the past because perhaps you have a magical unicorn that you touch inappropriately, I am not judging - if you want it, and intend to add it to your account, just enter it

Level 1 This group + my whitelist

Level 3 Two groups + my whitelist

Woah, very generous of you although i have most of these games except for FME.

Deleted
    and even dirty unicorn lovers
    Euww, I thought they were just sacrificed, had no idea that went on before hand

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Claimed - Thank you very much. Been actually wanting to check out this game.
    Sooooo, what game is it? Valve decided to remove the actual game name from the error window if you already own it.

The next humble monthly is coming up. Anyone gonna get it this time around? I'm unsure if I want to go for it since the last few times my taste hasn't quite aligned with what they've chosen.

Ugh really torn on entering the group giveaway for FF VI. I'd love to have it on my PC (no clue if I even still have my physical copy or even my SNES haha), but from the comments I'm seeing some folks have never played it at all.

Probably will just stick with V since I've never owned that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep forgetting to unsubscribe to the monthly bundles. Already been charged for January but it's cheap enough for me that I don't care enough to cancel it and get a refund. I'm fairly new to (non mmo) pc gaming, having only gotten this pc last year. I haven't gotten a game in a bundle that I didn't already own (yet) so I'll stick with it for now.

I only recently joined the mmo chamo group for steam gifts (although I've been subscribed to this thread for several months), but I'm kind of put of entering contests now based on comments the last couple of days. As my collection is what it is, I'm not likely to be in a position to have games to giveaway for a while and I'm conscious of being seen as a grabber and not a giver. Opinions seem to be mixed, but I have no desire of being on a blacklist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money went out for Humble Loot Crate a few days ago, I decided this is their last chance, the other two were passable, unless this one is pretty good, they'll get nothing else from me.

Hero of the Kingdom II and The Silent Age are claimed. I still have keys for Of Guards And Thieves and The Sun and Moon. Just hit me with a PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukidaruma View Post
    Sooooo, what game is it? Valve decided to remove the actual game name from the error window if you already own it.
    It was X-Blades.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2015-12-27 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It was X-Blades.
    Kinda expected that since the character was in the header, but wasn't sure. Fun game, would recommend a controller if you have it.