10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be 26 soon, gaming has been my main hobby since I was 4. I'd like to think that I'm as good at games now as I ever was, but there's no real comparison for me to make. I certainly feel I'm as responsive now as I was 5 years ago but humans also have selective memory. We remember things which aren't necessarily true (but not a conscious lie/mistake either).

The only real way to test it would be a game of skill and make annual records. For example, your average score of tetris across 5 games on a yearly basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 137 lines on Tetris on the original green screen Gameboy when I was 7. Never saw anybody I know go higher. My sister maxed at about 130, she was 14. I hit 137 once and ~135 a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I did 137 lines on Tetris on the original green screen Gameboy when I was 7. Never saw anybody I know go higher. My sister maxed at about 130, she was 14. I hit 137 once and ~135 a few times.
    I've no idea how high I'd gotten on that,. but I played that game till the battery died ,. and it had an XL one installed.
    Honestly I've no idea whether i beat your lines or not.

I do know we had a netris at the school network where I held the highscore though XD
    Until the teachers decided we were spending too much playing... >_>

Then one day I watched some asian kid playing it on youtube,.
    I then gave up ever being "great" at that game.
    Here's the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YOR-nAnj4I

I should dig up Netris Kombat,. or see if any Tetrinet servers still exist out there.
    Im totally out of that zone though.
    Last edited by bbr; 2016-06-07 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you go above 130, it felt more like just clicking left and right as quick as you could before a central tower appeared almost out of nowhere

So eking out those last few lines was insane good look.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it sorta encouraging that a lot of people on here seem to be in their thirties. I guess that really speaks to the age range that picked up WoW initially, since this site came from that. Weird to think most of us were in college when WoW came out, now we're a decade past those times.

But to see that our generation is like 'the' gaming generation is pretty cool. I know people played in arcades and stuff in the 80s when there was nothing else to do, but most retired people or even just my parents' age don't even understand video games. They all see them as addictions or irrelevance. I think a lot of eras were cool, but this was definitely the one I was meant to live in. Nerd culture and the internet/gaming has really defined our civilization on the cultural scale in a big way.

Maybe it has come at the cost of important cultural milestones, but it's been worth it. I think we have the ability to still appreciate those things, but its hard keeping rites of society relevant. Sorry for the random old person rant in our bundle thread. For a dash of OT, I do like the current HB but I don't have any cash to spare so it's a no go. Maybe by the time they announce the bonus games I'll grab it b/c I've wanted Hands of Fate and a couple others for a while.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to find 5 bucks in a couch cushion somewhere, 'cause I've had my eye on Hand of Fate and Absolute Drift for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you find me 40 quid while you're at it. My keyboard went kaput. So I have 3-4 days of playing (loosely phrased) WoW and browsing the web with only th on screen keyboard for company.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll see what I can come up with, but so far I've only found Cheerios, cat hair, and a quarter. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'll see what I can come up with, but so far I've only found Cheerios, cat hair, and a quarter. :/
    I'll be putting up Absolute Drift tonight on Steamgifts if I have time so you'll have a chance to win at least that. Hand of Fate I'll have to keep for myself as that's the reason I bought the bundle :P

Hmm, really tempted for this one; Mainly for Hand of Fate..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I find it sorta encouraging that a lot of people on here seem to be in their thirties. I guess that really speaks to the age range that picked up WoW initially, since this site came from that. Weird to think most of us were in college when WoW came out, now we're a decade past those times.
    A decade? Damn. Thanks for making me feel old. *midlife crisis intensifies*

IIRC every 10 lines you passed a level right?

My record on green GB on tetris was level 27 before it decided to blast (with smoke and everything) after a 4 hour game session of Bomberman XD I was around 8 or 9.

- - - Updated - - -

31yo club here too
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level stopped increasing at 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

31yo club here too
    Weee, 31 here too!
    Tried out craft the world a bit yesterday, had been oogling it for years. It seems pretty fun! Very well polished as well.

Level stopped increasing at 20.
    Are you sure? I remember pretty vividly that day because it was a "once in a lifetime" moment. Will do some research anyway.

EDIT: you're right - but i remeber a pretty clear 27 something, maybe 27k score? Don't really know at this point (and don't have any reason to lie either).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-06-08 at 11:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    A decade? Damn. Thanks for making me feel old. *midlife crisis intensifies*
    I just meant its been a decade since WoW came out. That makes us all feel old, lol. But also really shows how amazing some games are. I mean EQ was released what...17 years ago this past March? I really wish I would have known about it and played MMOs all the way back to that time, but I can't even remember what I was doing with life at that time other than going to school.

Actually, looking at the releases for 1999 shows me that I was busy playing N64 with my high school friends at that time.

Crazy to think that we've had a lot of games for a long time, but PC gaming has been relatively 'quiet' for so long. Now to see that we have this thread where bundles and sales go up every day for indie games...it really shows how gaming in general has exploded in the last two decades. Very cool.
    BAD WOLF

I'll just break the "we are old now" discussion (i just hit 31 a couple of days ago.... sigh) to tell you GoG is starting to threat our wallets with their Summer Sale:

https://www.gog.com/

Free System Shock 2 if you claim it from GoG Galaxy.... if the queues will clear up a bit. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Crazy to think that we've had a lot of games for a long time, but PC gaming has been relatively 'quiet' for so long. Now to see that we have this thread where bundles and sales go up every day for indie games...it really shows how gaming in general has exploded in the last two decades. Very cool.
    To me all of this makes me thing about the actual product quality we get. Yeah, i'll bypass the deadhorse reasoning about "long ago games were better", but fact is that games a decade ago have still impact nowadays, while modern product last for a very short time in most of the cases.

We're literally bombarded by new games and platforms every day promising they're the definitive experience.

I won't say quality has dropped, because there are a LOT of good games running around. But to me it seems that new games are designed towards a short "expiration date", as most modern "tech" stuff (from a phone to a fridge) is designed around being broken in a shorter lifespan with very low chance/high cost way of repairing it.

Games are even more like smartphones - it's not like your old one suddendly doesn't work anymore; just you're bored of it and the new one looks so shiny that you want it.

System shock 2 free on GoG thanks to the new Summer sale!