Steam has the Steam Link available for $20.00 for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XBGWAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Steam has the Steam Link available for $20.00 for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XBGWAQ
    I'm soooooooo tempted to get this, been meaning to pick one up for a while now. Going to do my proper "Black Friday" shopping on actual Friday, and between the 3DS I'm finally picking up, hunting down cheap DS/3DS games in bargain bins, a handful of games, and this, it's looking like this is going to be an expensive Black Friday for me for once. Normally I rarely pick up anything >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm soooooooo tempted to get this, been meaning to pick one up for a while now. Going to do my proper "Black Friday" shopping on actual Friday, and between the 3DS I'm finally picking up, hunting down cheap DS/3DS games in bargain bins, a handful of games, and this, it's looking like this is going to be an expensive Black Friday for me for once. Normally I rarely pick up anything >.>
    Yeah, I'm heavily debating on getting it as well. I'm going to attempt to pick up the $99 3DS if I can get lucky enough. Having the Steam Link would just make life easier rather than having a 25-50ft DVI to HDMI cable cluttering the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Having the Steam Link would just make life easier rather than having a 25-50ft DVI to HDMI cable cluttering the way.
    But they recommend wired. That's the thing that's stopping me getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Wired for ethernet, which is generally a bit cheaper/easier to do than a HDMI cable. Especially since a lot of folks have their modems/routers close to their TV's. And even then, it's still usable (though less ideal) with a strong wireless signal.

I know running a cable from the router in my apartment to my TV is an infinitely easier option than needing to hook my computer in my room up to the TV in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    The wired internet doesn't bother me as I have a switch in my room directly where it is (under the TV). The DVI cable I have is like 25-30 ft and goes from my tower to my PC and would just cut that clutter down.

Can recommend Professor Layton games. I probably should use mine more, think I've used it maybe 12 hours since the New 3DS was released ...

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Can recommend Professor Layton games. I probably should use mine more, think I've used it maybe 12 hours since the New 3DS was released ...
    Yeah, there are a handful of franchises that have been on the DS/3DS that I'm interested in diving into at some point. Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, the first party Nintendo franchises (YOSHI'S WOOLY FUCKING WORLD NEXT YEAR, ALL THE HYPE!), and a few others (Monster Hunter, probably).

Hopefully I'll be able to find them in GameStop bargain bins or something. Especially Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, I've wanted that game for ages purely based off of its name alone.

Hopefully I'll be able to find them in GameStop bargain bins or something. Especially Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, I've wanted that game for ages purely based off of its name alone.
    Name looks interesting. Watched a video of someone playing and it's not really what I expected with that name. Looks like it's only available through DSiWare in Europe, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Name looks interesting. Watched a video of someone playing and it's not really what I expected with that name. Looks like it's only available through DSiWare in Europe, whatever that means.
    Yeah, it's a bit of an odd duck. Thankfully GameStop still has physical copies available so it shouldn't be hard to order one, now to figure out whether I want to wait a bit and hope for a sale or pick it up over the weekend!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have first hand knowledge but it seems to basically use a network link from pc to tv instead of a video cable link.

A little checking suggests that it does work with the Steam Controller (providing a relay point, which makes sense if your computer is in a different room), but Xbox One controller needs a separate dongle: http://steamcommunity.com/games/3533...89289472850185

Out of the box is is compatible with Steam Controller, Xbox One or 360 Wired Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710, or keyboard and mouse though.

TL:DR - it's basically a networked video cable with controller support

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lucretia, now it looks like I just decided to talk to myself >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    TL:DR - it's basically a networked video cable with controller support

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much exactly how my apple tv downstairs gets it's signal when using airparrot from the pc upstairs.

No direct video cable, just make sure your tv can connect to ethernet,. or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Once we find this Lucretia person we'll be sure to take them out back and give them a good beating for you

Meanwhile im sitting here upstairs in a room, with a hoodie, and an extra blanket,. all dressed up like a sith lord.
    it's freezing,. feeling sick,. but... steam deals!

meh, bought witcher 3 , day later steam got deal.

now i need to install GoG platform feelsbad
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

you.. don't? Galaxy is 100% optional, you can just download and install the game directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you.. don't? Galaxy is 100% optional, you can just download and install the game directly.
    really ? thats a great news, thank you !
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

yep, the whole thing about GoG is that they are 100% DRM free, galaxy is just a convenience thing. personaly, I've been using it for months (prior to that, I just downloaded games directly) and loving it, but its nice to know that I don't have to, unlike Steam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Meanwhile im sitting here upstairs in a room, with a hoodie, and an extra blanket,. all dressed up like a sith lord.
    it's freezing,. feeling sick,. but... steam deals!
    Ah, so that is why you're called Bbr ;p

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

- - - Updated - - -

Yerp, as @Witchblade77 stated, you don't need GOG Galaxy thingie (unless you play Titan Quest....). It's still only in beta anyway.
    GOG Downloader or directly DL via browser works fine \o/

I installed Galaxy but don't run it all of the time. You can use it to download the games or install them. It's up to you. You don't even need it installed. Personally I install the games with Galaxy just to install the games. I just run the games directly without running Galaxy so the only time it's open is when I want to install or download a game.