Deleted
    Thanks to my complete & utter disdain for denuvo, I refused to go anywhere near DOOM.
    Luckily, when they removed it, the game was on a huge sale.
    Win/win haha.

Yeah, ID just realized that Denuvo's job was done and it was useless to pay a license. I just don't care about Denuvo, while i see it as a layer of DRM with to guarantee you can play a "protected" game in a decade because there is no longer a server or whatever the protection uses to check; point is, we have no guarantee IF Steam shuts down that all games we have will work without it. Gabe said that if that will be the case, Valve will prepare a patch to make all games in its library DRM free, but those are just words.

My point, Denuvo and Steam are both DRM that use internet to activate and run games, i think sometimes in the community there are double standards (not accusing anyone, expecially you Banana, it's a general thought). No wonder i'm always happy to see more games i own added to GoG connect, it's reassuring to have an extra copy... just in case.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Talking about GOG Connect, haven't seen any new games there in a while.

I think the problem isn't so much Denuvo, as it is the fact that games on Steam already have DRM. While I don't really have a problem with it, as long as it doesn't hinder the game (like some DRM actually did about 10 years ago), it does give a feeling that you're being treated like a criminal. Same with all the unskippable piracy ads before a movie.. "Yeah, I know... I PAID for this!! Go bother your mother or something".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Yeah, ID just realized that Denuvo's job was done and it was useless to pay a license. I just don't care about Denuvo, while i see it as a layer of DRM with to guarantee you can play a "protected" game in a decade because there is no longer a server or whatever the protection uses to check; point is, we have no guarantee IF Steam shuts down that all games we have will work without it. Gabe said that if that will be the case, Valve will prepare a patch to make all games in its library DRM free, but those are just words.

My point, Denuvo and Steam are both DRM that use internet to activate and run games, i think sometimes in the community there are double standards (not accusing anyone, expecially you Banana, it's a general thought). No wonder i'm always happy to see more games i own added to GoG connect, it's reassuring to have an extra copy... just in case.
    Completely agree with you there. Know several die hard DRM only fans, that still have steam games & still say it isn't, derpylol. At least steam isn't (mostly) as bad as denuvo. I can install a game & it'd work, whereas denuvo will need to phone home at times & can stop you being able to play it.

Makes me wonder what folk did when Gamespy was killed off & ARMAII was then removed from gog & only way to play it was by using steam. That still bugs me, because I had two versions of ARMAII, but only one now

Also weird, that even though Mad Max has been hacked, they're sticking to keeping denuvo stuck to it. Although they also claim it isn't drm & they regularly sulk on steam forums hehe.

Officially Denuvo is anti-tamper software

Oh, I see they also call it DRM now.

Companies who say DRM is the only way to make sure they can profit from games, are greedy bastards though.

Deleted
    Saw several posts on the Dishonoured 2 forum that anyone wanting DRM free, just wants that so it's easier to hack.
    Riiiiiiiiiiight, that'd be why we also pay for it once there's a DRM free version.
    /facepalmdeskfloor.

I don't get why denuvo still say it's not DRM. It clearly is & why would they care as long as it's doing what it's meant to.
    Ah well.

GOG only exists so people can crack the game they just bought!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    "It makes it easier for us hackers to remove the DRM, if there isn't any DRM in the first place"

Deleted
    Battlefield1 & Titanfall2 deluxe bundle, 60% off.
    Not heard much good about single player of BF (so nothing new there) but apparently Titanfall2 single player is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Not really, they're very different things, Steam use internet to activate the games, but not to run them (except to check for updates), everything on Steam can run in offline mode, unless the game itself prevents it... with something like Denuvo for example.

If Steam disappears, you won't be able to download the games, but you'll still be able to run everything you already downloaded. If Denuvo server linked to a game disappears... you're f...ed
    Well, if i didn't download a game before the hypothetical Steam shutdown, i won't be able to access it anymore, even if my copy has been activated. Of course there should be an announcement and a timeframe so i can download all my hundreds of GBs and make a backup, but it's an apocaliptic scenario that's unlikely to happen, but there is a chance.
    I'm not too worried about these things to happen, and if they do... well, i know where to get my games back.

And with this conclusion, it shows how any kind of DRM is stupid and will just delay the inevitable: your game being on a torrent. Call me a pro piracy but i don't believe that a pirated copy means a loss sale, i know pals that have a job and a good income that only buy specific games and the rest is downloaded; it's mentality or a lack of funds from people that wouldn't have bought the product on the first place. Sure, i don't understand when you can wait and get the game at 50-75% off in less than a year, but whatever....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post

My understanding is that Denuvo is more intrusive. Still, I would prefer not to have any DRM. I also prefer GOG games and buy from them where possible.

Oh, and one more thing. Denuvo originated as the Sony DRM guys that gave you the rootkit.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-04-15 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    GoG is drm free, so there isn't anything to crack, just copy paste ^^

Also, key dump !
    Only 1 cp each,. so just enter all you can, i dont mind XD

Last edited by bbr; 2017-04-15 at 07:50 AM.

winners of amnesia fortnight announced

Darwin's Dinner
    Voter's Pick
    The Gods Must Be Hungry
    Voter's Pick
    Kiln
    Double Fine's Pick
    I Have No Idea What I'm Doing
    Tim's Pick

if you dont have a vr headset i suppose you'll only have access to 3 prototypes. luckily i have one though.

- - - Updated - - -

also they'll be adding more games to the 1$ part.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Had this tab open for about two weeks. I don't remember what I've activated and what I haven't and I don't want to take a chance on steam gifts of uploading duplicate keys. There should be 2-3 games here that are claimable

UNCANNY VALLEY: 8JPQ5-4X6L2-HJN3N
    SUPER HOP N BOP ULTRA STEAM: WIB76-RBEHM-ZPIJK
    THE GODS CHAIN STEAM: N3YMH-L9VR9-AIRT8
    HOSPITAL TYCOON STEAM: EYIBE-EL79L-K3KLR
    THE ASSKICKERS STEAM: EP8LB-DN3VF-235JV
    SPERMINATION STEAM: VZL77-2IP90-Q9LK4
    HYPOSPHERE STEAM: 2JPZF-4CBR9-54AWM
    CRAZY BELTS STEAM: 7TC0Y-CV9RJ-B3YKD
    KEEBLES STEAM: KLDGI-GBZN2-VP4DX

Claimed Super Hop 'n Bop. Thanks!

Deleted
    nabbed Keebles, ty very much

7+ Year Old Account
    The new Humble Bundle just went up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/wild-frontier-bundle

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    The new Humble Bundle just went up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/wild-frontier-bundle
    hm, slime rancher looks nice, but not sure whether id foot 13 bucks on it just yet.
    probably not,. as it was recently in the monthly bundle already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Slime rancher is the only one I've even heard of, honestly.