Thread: [TV] Castle

15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Castle

So i kind checked the Cinema/TV shows/Music/Books page and noticed that not anywhere people chat about Castle so this is me trying to start a thread too discuss anything about this (in my opinion) realy nice and funny show and if there are others that like this show too.

The past few weeks i finaly had some weeks off from work and one night i was watching tv and saw this tv show called castle and i actualy kinda liked it so next day i checked on the web for other episodes and i started to like it even more so i went back to season 1 and started watching every episode till the last one of the last season.

(for those that dont know castle at all)
    Its about a best-selling mystery novelist (Richard Castle) that starts to help the NYDP with solving crimes because he has a bizare look at things that others might not see and while at it he uses the work he does too write a new book thats based on one of the female detectives (Kate Beckett) that he likes to call his "muse" but after a while they start having serious feeling for one another which also brings them in a lot of trouble.

The new Season is starting 23-09 and from everything ive seen passing by on the net and from everything ive read (yes spoilers) next season is gonna be great and im realy getting excited for the season 6 premiere.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-09-11 at 07:20 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Friend raves about it, I have enjoyed the few episodes I've seen when flicking around. I would also likely go gay for Nathan Fillion. But here's hoping Stana Katic gets to me first.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It's got Nathan Fillion, of course it's great :P

I haven't actually watched it though, not sure why. It's been on my list to get around to for awhile.

It's quite good, though I admit I'd never have watched if not for Fillion being in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favorite shows Id rate it above Ncis or anything similar
    my only gripe that season 5 is a little average hoping it picks up for season 6
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

15+ Year Old Account
    Actualy i didnt know either nathan or stana before i watched it ive only seen nathan here and there and i have only seen stana one time with a minor role in Quantum of solace anyway i would prob like it too if they where not around.

As for season 5 well it was oke compared too the other seasons it wasnt the best but i still enjoyed it specialy the last few episodes of season 5 till now for me season 3 and 4 where the best for me with 4 being the best out of the bunch i do hope that season 6 will a bit more serious compared too season 5 but the creator said there taking story risks this season and it starts with 6x01 right away being one of the more serious episodes.

But what i did notice is that compared with last years premiere too season 5 that there was a lot more out in the world when it comes too the new season there realy isnt much out yet about season 6 other then recuring characters and who plays who in which episode the spoilers are way less spread

While they're not revealing much, TVLine released some teasers for the episode.

• Castle returns from a 12-city/11-day book tour to find not one but two surprises waiting for him at the loft.
    • A major character gets shot, several times.
    • A major character is involved in a car crash.
    • As previously scooped by the Inside Line: Tory’s back!
    • The premiere ends with a major character’s life in tremendous jeopardy.
    • As it looks for now Beckett will take the DC job.

Ofc there are more stuff on season 6 out but if i would post that here it would be spam xD
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Actualy i didnt know either nathan or stana before i watched it ive only seen nathan here and there and i have only seen stana one time with a minor role in Quantum of solace anyway i would prob like it too if they where not around.
    **Gasps** Go watch firefly...NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Snip
    I've actually caught a few episodes (TNT plays 4 every day) and I really enjoy it. I need to watch it all from the beginning but Netflix is dumb with their seasons. In order to watch the first season it'll take 3 separate discs which for me means 2 weeks so I haven't done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It's got Nathan Fillion, of course it's great :P

I haven't actually watched it though, not sure why. It's been on my list to get around to for awhile.
    Haha. I've stated that Nathan Fillion is my man crush. Love that guy.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think i have a actual man crush about any actor but if i had too pick (lol) i have to go for Timothy dalton or Liam neeson.

What is funny is that when you check all websites or youtube channels dedicated too Castle they are all talking about if she says yes too the proposal (we already got enough spoilers and pictures that give us the answer) and if she says yes too the job in DC (they did shooting in DC for the first 2 episodes of season 6 so thats not new either).

Im more wondering what else the premiere will give us specialy this "WOWWWW" cliffhanger all reviews are talking about and im wondering if castle is involved with the rumors that someone’s life hanging in the balance and others in serious jeopardy. But how it looks for now it will be a 3 episode arc with 4th episode being about a fan of castle episode 5 will be about a guy that says hes from the future and that he knows something about Caskett's future and episode 6 will have a national treasure/da vinci code feeling too it im also wondering why they changed the name of episode 2 from "Better half" too "Dreamworld"

Owell 9 days left and 10 for me i will try too avoid going too any websites that spoil stuff the day the premiere is out to avoid spoiling the premiere.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-09-14 at 08:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i guess the cat is out of the bag.

Best line ever "You do know how this works right?"

[Edit] Reason i dont show this coz some might think now that this is how the scene will be when the premiere airs but...

Dont take this sneakpeak very serious because the scene will be slightly different in the episode ABC edited this sneakpeak specialy to now give us her answer yet this scene takes 3 minutes before the time jump and since this sp isnt even 1 minute long we can expect atleast a bit over 2 minutes of talking between the too there is suppose to be a convo between the "You do know how this works right?" and the "ILY but there is something i have too tell you" thats about the answer too his proposal and about some stuff around the 2 of them that ABC cut out of this sneakpeak.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-09-16 at 05:25 PM.

So thinking again about getting into this show. They make it very hard to do though, no where streams it. Not even ABC is streaming all of season 7.

My question is, is it worth the $100 price tag to get caught up on the show? Keep in mind I do like procedural dramas like Bones, NCIS and CSI (Seasons 1-8). Or does anyone know a legitimate way to watch it? Maybe Netflix in a different country code?

As a direct comparison to Bones, I'd say Castle is better. Castle is funnier than Booth, Beckett is hotter than Bones, feels more believable with her issues. I think the supporting cast (the two detectives, Castle's mother and daughter, occasionally the ME) are overall better than Bones's cast, though I love Hodgins more than any of them individually. Castle is much less science-y, as well. And, every other season or so, they make a Firefly reference! As for the others you listed, I think it's better than CSI since Grissom left, NCIS: LA. Never watched original NCIS which I believe people swear by, but oh well.

That being said, I'd never pay to catch up on a procedural. I'd rather not watch it at all. How're you thinking of buying access to it, Hulu?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As a direct comparison to Bones, I'd say Castle is better. Castle is funnier than Booth, Beckett is hotter than Bones, feels more believable with her issues. I think the supporting cast (the two detectives, Castle's mother and daughter, occasionally the ME) are overall better than Bones's cast, though I love Hodgins more than any of them individually. Castle is much less science-y, as well. And, every other season or so, they make a Firefly reference! As for the others you listed, I think it's better than CSI since Grissom left, NCIS: LA. Never watched original NCIS which I believe people swear by, but oh well.

That being said, I'd never pay to catch up on a procedural. I'd rather not watch it at all. How're you thinking of buying access to it, Hulu?
    I specifically said csi 1-8 because those were the Grissom years

Was thinking of buying the box sets, Hulu only has the latest season. Found out since posting though that Netflix dvd has them so that might be the route to go. Would be a lot cheaper

Grissom left after 8 seasons? That was like a decade ago, jeez.

As for a direct comparison to the Grissom years, I feel like CSI was a slow burn in terms of the characters growing on you. Castle is instantly likeable (or, conversely, you'll instantly know if you dislike it).

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grissom is the only reason CSI was good, imo. Pretty much stopped watching after he left.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Castle is great, but it does have some very strong character moments, and I care more for those times than the case of the week crap, although some of those can be interesting. I don't really care for police procedural shows, and I only really tuned in to watch Nathan Fillion who I'd only previously seen in James Gunn's films (Yes, I have seen Firefly now, so don't tell me to watch it). It's definitely improved over the seasons, and I love the overarching plot about Beckett's mother and the whole conspiracy behind it.

I don't have many criticisms of the show, and the only one that bothers me is that sometimes tell you, and doesn't show.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?