10+ Year Old Account
    Really a great chapter I love it.

I am leaning toward Shanks talking about Blackbeard instead of Luffy to the Gorosei.

About big Mom and Kaido past. I do think (just a theory not fact) that Katakuri is the son of Kaido and Big mom. Which explains why he is the strongest commander of Big Mom 's pirates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hmmm @Seramore and @pathora44. You guys made some quality posts, and should post like that every week. I like it.

Ya this episode was crazy, there are so many surprises and lore reveals. This almost makes up for the 2 years of "the cake's coming big mom don't worry".

- - - Updated - - -

Btw how the fuck does Shanks just show up at the Holy Land, with all the marines everywhere, and how does he walk into the office of the 5 Kings of the world...Like ?????
    Well tbh this is not the first time Shanks did it. He did it during the MarineFord suddenly appeared out of no where without anyone noticed if you remember.

I do think there is a theory that Shanks devil fruit might stop time or his haki is too strong to the point it stops time temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That would actually make sense for Conqueror's Haki
    That actually fits quite well with the theory that all three Haki types have a "mastery" skill. Like Dogtooth and the ability to see a little into the future.

Then I reckon we have Kaido the beast, who has SUCH amazing Armament Haki that he literally can't be hurt.
    and finally, Shanks, whose Conqueror's Haki is so strong, he can stop time for a couple of seconds.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

....yeah I don't see time stopping as a legitimate power. Even for devil fruit users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ....yeah I don't see time stopping as a legitimate power. Even for devil fruit users.
    We kinda did have it before yeah it wasn't canon just fillers with mister Foxy but I don't see it far stretch if Shanks has that kind of power or at least his conqueror haki being too powerful that it can stop time for a little bit. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we have seen fruits with ridiculous powers already. Sugar's fruit is far more dangerous.
    Or the lady that can change the age of anyone pretty brutal that she can turn anyone to infant and then crush them haha. :P

I was thinking Shanks was going to offer the WG a deal to take down BM and Kaido by seeking out the aid of Luffy.

Think about how amazing it would be. Shanks, Luffy, Supernovas vs Big Mom and Kaido. That's a much bigger battle than we ever thought.

...Then on the side you'd have the revolutionaries vs the world government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I was thinking Shanks was going to offer the WG a deal to take down BM and Kaido by seeking out the aid of Luffy.

Think about how amazing it would be. Shanks, Luffy, Supernovas vs Big Mom and Kaido. That's a much bigger battle than we ever thought.

...Then on the side you'd have the revolutionaries vs the world government.
    I do have a feeling that Big mom and Kaido days are numbered. I don't know why but I just have this feeling they will get outnumbered just like Whitebeard but then Blackbeard will gang up on weakened wounded Kaido to take up his third devil fruit then ended up having three types of devil fruits, logia, paramecia, and the zoan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    then Blackbeard will gang up on weakened wounded Kaido to take up his third devil fruit
    We've not seen Kaido's Devil Fruit yet, have we? Is there even a hint as to what it does?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    We've not seen Kaido's Devil Fruit yet, have we? Is there even a hint as to what it does?
    Nope we didn't yet but I do think it is Zoan and maybe related to a beast or oni or something some folks theorized he got the oni oni no mi.

Wano is kinda like Japan in the world of One Piece so having Oni devil fruit which is one of the famous Japanese folklore for Troll or Ogre, which is not far stretch imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wano is kinda like Japan in the world of One Piece so having Oni devil fruit which is one of the famous Japanese folklore for Troll or Ogre, which is not far stretch imo.
    I would like that. He's already got a fairly bestial look to him, and uses a fuckoff great club, dial that up to 11 and make him use a demon themed fruit. Could be very cool.

Do we even know that he has one? If he did, then he could just drown.
    We don't... However, I'm pretty sure Shanks is going to be the fruitless badass of the Yonko. Makes him a bit less special if Kaido is ALSO fruitless, imo. I think he has one, we've just not seen it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaido is THE BEAST. The strongest creature alive.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, is he a human? A giant? Is he an actual mythical creature (so not one by virtue of a zoan but an actual Oni?)
    I'm not sure we've really had that much backstory for Kaido. I'm guessing/hoping we'll get a bit more information on him during Wano

10+ Year Old Account
    Oda never disappoints in delivering several chapters of backstories right as the plot reaches a critical point.
    There is a possibility that he is not even human from Big mom previous chapters calling him "That thing".

- - - Updated - - -

Kaido is THE BEAST. The strongest creature alive.

That is all.
    He is indeed the strongest creature alive now but previously it was WB because even he admits it that WB defeated him. I can't remember when did he said that but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is indeed the strongest creature alive now but previously it was WB because even he admits it that WB defeated him. I can't remember when did he said that but yeah.
    I mean Whitebeard defeated him but could not kill him. He cannot be killed, that is the primary issue with him.
    Indeed Whitebeard was THE KING, and even he was unable to put Kaido down for good. What makes Kaido so feared is his insane durability; even when the WG captured him, they were unable to execute him... Which makes me think his durability is either natural (beacause he's an Oni) or Haki based (because he's THE master of Armament Haki), NOT due to a Devil Fruit, because if that was true, then a Seastone weapon would negate his durability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus you know, he sunk a battleship. Which means he had to swim to shore somewhere
    That is an excellent point XD.

So we're thinking that Kaido is fruitless? Interesting... and a little sad, for reasons stated before.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is special about Shanks has always been his Conqueror's Haki.
    True, true and when it comes time for Shanks to really unleash his full beastliness, I'm sure Conqueror's Haki is going to be a large part of that...

But I did make him stand out a little, being the only Yonko without a Devil Fruit. I know this is more a me thing, than a story thing, but still the fact remains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed Whitebeard was THE KING, and even he was unable to put Kaido down for good. What makes Kaido so feared is his insane durability; even when the WG captured him, they were unable to execute him... Which makes me think his durability is either natural (beacause he's an Oni) or Haki based (because he's THE master of Armament Haki), NOT due to a Devil Fruit, because if that was true, then a Seastone weapon would negate his durability.

Now that they gave us a flashback expanding more about Ace and his original crew and his meeting with Shanks. I wish they give us another flashback expanding on what exactly happened here!

That laugh...so epic with the music still to this day it still gives me chill man why didn't they use that epic laugh during the war of the marineford? he laugh later on sucks compare to this seriously !

im really enjoying the reverie arc lot of old faces we havnt seen in a while

10+ Year Old Account
    On a somewhat irrelevant side note, does anyone else think One Piece itself will be revealed sooner than when most people are expecting?

While the alliance's goal is to take down Kaido, Luffy's ultimate goal is to copy the poneglyphs and find the route to Raftel. They're halfway done; they copied Big Mom's and now they just need to get Kaido's. I really feel like they're going to score with that poneglyph by the end of this Wano saga and visit Raftel by the arc after Wano, if not the one after.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Wait, Luffy has a goal?
    I mean yes, Be the Pirate King, Find One Piece. But it's not like he has any plan on how to achieve that, he simply expects to stumble there.
    I mean. It's not Luffy's goal, but he happens to have a competent crew (Nami, Robin, Jinbei, Sanji) who are managing that part of the adventure for him. Not to mention he's conveniently running into the exact right people to push him into the right direction or tell him what he needs to know (Shanks, Rayleigh, the royal family of literally every country he visits).