well I am ok with that. april 22 is Avengers: age of ultron.
    so that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's going to be on break till April 27 so that's 2 weeks actually. Anyway how fucking hype was that chapter. Holy shit, I haven't been this excited about One Piece since the Sabo reveal. Dressrosa is going to be well remembered once it ends. People have been bitching about the pacing for a long time but it's a huge arc which has had the most development since the time-skip.
    Well. See you guys in 2 weeks! Guess i will take a looooooooooooooooooong sleep.

Personally i think it will be something powerfull (DD said he lacked the power).

Wasn't it like, G2 blood, G3 bone and then G4 maybe muscle? Kinda like G3 but without the huge ass slow attack. The power of G3 combined with the speed of G2
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Im thinking he will amor his whole body with Haki and then add flames to it, sinces he's been having attacks with fire for the past couple chapters (Hawk i think he was calling them)

h-y-p-e

10+ Year Old Account
    Luffy's hair begins flashing a goldish color, as he begins screaming. His small rubber body because larger and larger, bulkier and bulkier. And gear four is activated. His new spiky gold hair, and bulky body. He shows who he truly is. He has been Goku this whole time, and flamingo begins praying to his super saiyan god.

Gear four, though, While it could be the whole body haki and flames, which I wouldnt doubt, I am hoping there is something more to it. I hope its something far greater, and he simply just goes all super saiyan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's going to be on break till April 27 so that's 2 weeks actually. Anyway how fucking hype was that chapter. Holy shit, I haven't been this excited about One Piece since the Sabo reveal. Dressrosa is going to be well remembered once it ends. People have been bitching about the pacing for a long time but it's a huge arc which has had the most development since the time-skip.
    Issues of Jump are released ahead of their actual cover date. So the one that came out today is actually next weeks issue, the week of the 13th, so their will be no One Piece in the following week, the week of the 20th, and then there will be one the week after that for the 27th. We should see the next chapter online on the 23rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Well. See you guys in 2 weeks! Guess i will take a looooooooooooooooooong sleep.

Personally i think it will be something powerfull (DD said he lacked the power).

Wasn't it like, G2 blood, G3 bone and then G4 maybe muscle? Kinda like G3 but without the huge ass slow attack. The power of G3 combined with the speed of G2
    Yeah I think it will be some kind of power boost. Maybe something inspired by Bellamy's spring fruit. Since compressed rubber packs a punch. I would laugh my balls off if Luffy just get's super buff like Togoro from Yu Yu Hakusho buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Issues of Jump are released ahead of their actual cover date. So the one that came out today is actually next weeks issue, the week of the 13th, so their will be no One Piece in the following week, the week of the 20th, and then there will be one the week after that for the 27th. We should see the next chapter online on the 23rd.

Ah, ty for the clarification.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Luffy's hair begins flashing a goldish color, as he begins screaming. His small rubber body because larger and larger, bulkier and bulkier. And gear four is activated. His new spiky gold hair, and bulky body. He shows who he truly is. He has been Goku this whole time, and flamingo begins praying to his super saiyan god.
    I smiled and giggled a little.

It is kind of weird how Luffy's attacks are lacking power. His attacks are the same level that stopped Chinjao's head attack that breaks continent, and DD just laughs it off and takes it head first. Even with fucked up organs.

I think Gear 4 might have something to do with Haki? Because lolol Luffy's had his fruit for 12 years now. It'd be a bit ridiculous for him to only figure out a real power now.

alright fhegs, time for speculations. What do you believe confirmed gear fourth could be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

It is kind of weird how Luffy's attacks are lacking power. His attacks are the same level that stopped Chinjao's head attack that breaks continent, and DD just laughs it off and takes it head first. Even with fucked up organs.

I think Gear 4 might have something to do with Haki? Because lolol Luffy's had his fruit for 12 years now. It'd be a bit ridiculous for him to only figure out a real power now.
    I don't know man. Don't take this the wrong way. Most people ain't shit. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, numerous individuals go years before they reach a ceiling.

That's in real life. This is One Piece. Sabo got the flame flame fruit and literally a second later he used Ace's signature move, even though he never saw it before.

Also, CP9 got their fruit and used it extremely well right after.

I doubt those guys are going that much higher with the fruits.

That's in real life. This is One Piece. Sabo got the flame flame fruit and literally a second later he used Ace's signature move, even though he never saw it before.

Also, CP9 got their fruit and used it extremely well right after.

I doubt those guys are going that much higher with the fruits.
    Sabo has probably seen Ace and so forth before, didn't the guy witness the marinepolis?

Oh I guess it was televised...

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, we currently have two scenarios conveniently presented in this chapter:
    - gear 2nd attacks are fast enough to hit Doflamingo but aren't really dealing enough damage to end the fight - this is what Doflamingo is calling weak
    - gear 3rd attacks are strong enough (it's exactly what he used against Chinjao's head) but far too slow - we saw this when he tried to use Grizzly Magnum this chapter and Doflamingo just dodged it and hit him with the "You're wide open!"

Gear 4th will likely address the issues above, by granting him the power to do the significant damage that gear 2nd lacks without the sacrifice to speed that gear third requires.

Kaj392 has the right idea.

10+ Year Old Account

It's probably haki related, most likely combining haki with his fruit abilities in some way. That said, Luffy figured out how to do what he can with his fruit be either trial and error or by accident. He came up with Gear Second when something heavy fell on him and compressed the blood vessels in his legs when he caught it. He noticed the increased blood flow gave him a speed boost so he tried to recreate it and came up with gear second. It's not totally outlandish to say he cound have just recently found out something else new he could do with his rubber nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Nah, we currently have two scenarios conveniently presented in this chapter:
    - gear 2nd attacks are fast enough to hit Doflamingo but aren't really dealing enough damage to end the fight - this is what Doflamingo is calling weak
    - gear 3rd attacks are strong enough (it's exactly what he used against Chinjao's head) but far too slow - we saw this when he tried to use Grizzly Magnum this chapter and Doflamingo just dodged it and hit him with the "You're wide open!"

Gear 4th will likely address the issues above, by granting him the power to do the significant damage that gear 2nd lacks without the sacrifice to speed that gear third requires.

Kaj392 has the right idea.
    The only reason I doubt that is it is because it would make gear second and third pointless. Why have just speed or just power when you can have both? Why would he not have used it before this point? Either it is something completely different or if it is just speed and power, it has some major downside that has kept Luffy from using it until he had to.

It's probably haki related, most likely combining haki with his fruit abilities in some way. That said, Luffy figured out how to do what he can with his fruit be either trial and error or by accident. He came up with Gear Second when something heavy fell on him and compressed the blood vessels in his legs when he caught it. He noticed the increased blood flow gave him a speed boost so he tried to recreate it and came up with gear second. It's not totally outlandish to say he cound have just recently found out something else new he could do with his rubber nature.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason I doubt that is it is because it would make gear second and third pointless. Why have just speed or just power when you can have both? Why would he not have used it before this point? Either it is something completely different or if it is just speed and power, it has some major downside that has kept Luffy from using it until he had to.
    Since TS, Luffy hasn't shrunk (To my knowledge) using G3. Nor does G2 seem to obliterate his stamina, an he can trigger it faster. Probably G4 kills him like G2 ust to.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what 4th Gear is, it will have to be better than 2nd or 3rd in order to be worth using in a losing fight against Doflamingo.

Either Oda can:
    - make it something that compliments and can be used with 2nd and 3rd, in order to make nothing redundant (similar to how Luffy integrated Haki),
    - make it something that supercedes 2nd and 3rd, but has a high stamina cost in order to not make them redundant, or
    - treat 4th and beyond as an upgrade to his toolkit that he keeps using.

The whole reason it will be pointless is because G2 is only speed. It lacks the power. G3 has the power, but lacks the speed. G4 could make it so that it's just a quick hard punch.

It will have it's downside for Luffy ofcourse and won't be used too often (think stuff like G3 shrinked him).

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    Most popular theory I've seen is. Muscle related. Running off Third law of physics. He tanks hits, bounces it back, an then-some. Essentially giving Luffy a OVERPOWERED COUNTER.

Think like what he does with his ballon, but with actually strikes as oppose to bullets/cannon fire etc

***I don't think this will be the case as earlier he used balloon on a cannon ball, held it, than fired off later without pronouncing gear fourth.
    The problem with countering is that, in this case, DD doesn't really have stuff that can be countered. You don't want, nor do i think it's really possible for Luffy, to counter the strings. Especially when it's something like Overheat.

Could it be something from the animal thing? Yeah he used a few animal attacks already but still. Have we seen anything really that can compare to it? Most of the "animal" attacks were just his normal stuff empowered.

Whatever it is, we have to wait T_T

DD has strenght, speed and hell more experience then Luffy.
    Countering doesn't really help since DD can slash him.

So the only option that remains is a fast strong attack which will take a toll on him, as usual.
    It has to be something he learned from Rayleigh / the animals. Most likely figured it out on his own in combination with the animals after Rayleigh left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    No matter what 4th Gear is, it will have to be better than 2nd or 3rd in order to be worth using in a losing fight against Doflamingo.

Either Oda can:
    - make it something that compliments and can be used with 2nd and 3rd, in order to make nothing redundant (similar to how Luffy integrated Haki),
    - make it something that supercedes 2nd and 3rd, but has a high stamina cost in order to not make them redundant, or
    - treat 4th and beyond as an upgrade to his toolkit that he keeps using.
    It doesn't have to be better, just more useful against certain enemies or in certain situations. Gear 3rd isn't "better" then Gear 2nd or anything, it is just more useful against opponents with higher defensive abilities or much larger ones where as Gear 2nd is more useful against much faster opponents.

The first and second options you listed are exactly what I said, something that is completely different then 2nd/3rd, but more useful in certain situations or something that is better then both or a combination of the two just with a serious downside. The third option I just don't think is likely because if it was just an upgrade of his other abilities, he would have no reason to have not used it by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I am so excited for the next chapter ! I guess the side affect gotta be something serious or else Luffy would have used it long time ago after the TS. It could full body armanent haki kinda like Vergo but with a twist. :P

where as Gear 2nd is more useful against much faster opponents.
    Has Luffy even recently used Gear 2? Feels like he's been spamming Haki Gear 3 punches all New World long.