Page 92 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ahhh I forgot to reply here. I actually clicked this thread before I read the chapter and forgot to come back.

Things are progressing well. Sanji is being annoying by caring about Pudding. Bege is getting ready to shoot Big Mom. Dogtooth is worried. There are other top Sons around. Lots of chaos.

Biggest surprise are the Vinsmoke guys not caring about death. I get that they're emotionless but this is too far. I can't believe that they would just laugh that they're about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    perhaps she used her soul to reinforce her skin)
    Speaking of reinforcing skin, that guy who looks like one of those "weather Pokemon trio" from one of the new generations, he'd definitely black from Haki right? His power is already too close to Smoker's.

Oh shit you're right. Sanji got punched out by a fucking pet genie that has no Haki. I can't help but feel like this wouldn't happen to Zoro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like something is going to go wrong with the picture since Capone told them not to do anything with it. Looks like they're building up hype for a huge brawl though, I'm pretty excited for the coming chapters. I still think that Pudding is going to end up turning on her family during this whole fight eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed Seramore. I've been saying for a while that she's going to join the Strawhats once the dust has settled.

I'm guessing the picture actually ISN'T what caused her momentary weakness before, and she's going to go apeshit and unleash her full powers on Luffy once he shows her the fragments. Then, after Sanji saves her from... Something, she'll repay the favour by telling them the REAL weakness, they'll use it to take Big Mom out (probably just temporarily) and then they'll all escape, with Pedro, Jinbei and Pudding staying on with the crew.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't disagree. Solid theory that fits in with her DF powers, is strong enough to be worthy of a Yonko, but has a suffcient weakness that Luffy will be able to overcome it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Only picture she has of her? Brook just did some art technique to copy the ponyglyph. Big Mom has a library where she has a book page storing each exotic animal. All that, and she can't get a picture of Mother Caramel copied?

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a great chapter. Sanji dialing the badass up to 11, in that panel of him standing on the table, legs aflame, cig in mouth. Boss.

Then we have Big Mama, who has finally TOTALLY lost her shit, triggering a flashback...

To Elbaf? NICE!

Will we finally get proof that Elbaf is basically Asgard, and further proof to the Usopp/Mjolnir theory?

fuck I hope so... Now we just need to wait two weeks to find out :'(

Chapter was pretty good. I mean, Dogtooth handled Jinbei, Pedro, Luffy, and Bege at the same time though so wtf.

Big Mom's cry happened and she got scraped knees because she fell down. I wonder if she'll actually get shot. It feels too easy. If it happens and she dies, I'll be so glad that for once a plan worked and someone in the OP universe actually dies. I don't think Oda has the balls to do it though.

Sanji saving his family was a'ight. W/e.

Break next week is...didn't Oda have a lot of breaks in the recent past? Like, literally the past 6 weeks I feel like he had 2-3 weeks off (if you include golden week).

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I was thinking that Golden Week would count as his monthly break but guess not, RIP. Can't say I blame him for having his breaks but it's still frustrating to see. At least we'll finally see Elbaf after almost 20 years of it first being mentioned.

At first I felt sorry for her...but then you see that she's just a psychopath.

Deleted
    Omg marzipan semla I want some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent chapter, not great but ok. Seems even before she was Big Mama, she was quite the beast. Pre devil fruit, when she was simply "Linlin" and she's already capable of decimating whole towns due to her tantrums...

I'm starting to think that the Strawhats REALLY don't have a chance against her.

Also: while it's clearly Viking inspired, I'm thinking Elbaf ISN'T going to be Oda's Valhalla. We have prince Loki, but I can't see anyone else turning up :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Poor Linlin is getting multiple weeks of flashback. This will not end well for her
    I think she ends up surviving. By far. This manga is for kids.

Big Mom's story ended up being interesting. I liked the chapter a lot. Goddamn was Big Mom huge at 5 years old. And her mom was normal, she must have had a Wonder Woman level uterus, good god. Big Mom's dad is small too, wtf.

The giants look really nice. I'm glad everyone was happy, but it seems that it has to end in tragedy.

I think next chapter is where Mother Caramel dies to save/shield Big Mom. Obviously in a dramatic way only at the end of the chapter so that there's a cliffhanger, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... So does this explain what Teach did to Whitebeard? Did he actually eat some part of Whitebeard's body to steal his Devil's Fruit power? If so, holy shit.

Deleted
    Wait. Linlin ate all teh children and mother caramel? Or what? Holy....i mean, WHAT?

Wow Mother Caramel. Wow at Big Mom for eating everyone lololol. Imagine that if she didn't eat everyone, she would be an Admiral right now.

I don't think that eating MC is what gave Big Mom the powers. It's more likely that MC got eaten, died, and her fruit transferred to one of the fruits in Big Mom's pies, and she just kept eating those (and everyonething else.

Although this does match up a bit with what Blackbeard did...

I'm surprised we're already back to the main story. I get the feeling Big Mom won't even get hurt at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been seeing a lot of people complain about how childish One Piece is as of the past few years and how they never "let anybody die," but I hope this chapter serves as a reminder that One Piece is actually pretty dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of people complain about how childish One Piece is as of the past few years and how they never "let anybody die," but I hope this chapter serves as a reminder that One Piece is actually pretty dark.
    Idk, it was portrayed in almost a comical way. It's true that the backstory is pretty horrible barebones, but Oda made it seem...not as tragic as it could have been.

If Big Mom gets a bullet in the forehead and actually dies, then I'll change my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I stoped watching the anime long ago but when someone mention that OP is for children i always think on Nami dont fucking stop stabbing herself or the complet Don Krieg episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "comical" way kind of fits with the way it was done: she wasn't thinking, couldn't see anything, and was eating everything in front of her. Don't get me wrong, I think if he illustrated her eating them it would have been visually cooler but I would argue that the subtlety of it made the whole thing worse.