Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Where the hell is Velen!?

I'm so sick of this. It's like he isn't even a part of the Alliance, the Draenei as a whole have been totally neglected from the lore for three entire expansions. There was an amazing shot when Vol'jin is revealed with every Horde leader, and the Alliance shot includes Moira, one half of Tyrande's body, and the rest were Humans. At least Mekkatorque appeared in the raid. Greymane was missing as well.

I know some people think they might be "saving" Velen for a Burning Legion expansion (which may or may not happen), but the straight up neglect of an Alliance leader who should be a key lore figure (seeing as he is one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth), is straight up pitiful.

Even as a player who just has a Draenei alt, I feel very disappointed that Blizzard hasn't bothered to give Velen (or the Draenei) any representation at all, in almost 5 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, they will get their shot next expansion when the legion comes.

Off being a useless, presence-less character like all other Alliance characters that aren't Human or Malfurion, duh.
    It's written into the Alliance oath that once you join you have remain in your assigned zones and not do anything important.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    I'm so sick of this. It's like he isn't even a part of the Alliance, the Draenei as a whole have been totally neglected from the lore for three entire expansions. There was an amazing shot when Vol'jin is revealed with every Horde leader, and the Alliance shot includes Moira, one half of Tyrande's body, and the rest were Humans. At least Mekkatorque appeared in the raid. Greymane was missing as well.

I know some people think they might be "saving" Velen for a Burning Legion expansion (which may or may not happen), but the straight up neglect of an Alliance leader who should be a key lore figure (seeing as he is one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth), is straight up pitiful.

Even as a player who just has a Draenei alt, I feel very disappointed that Blizzard hasn't bothered to give Velen (or the Draenei) any representation at all, in almost 5 years.
    I think Greymane appears in the room after the cinematic. If not then still- Gilneas is mentioned heavily in Varian's text. Sad though about Velen.

Not supporting Blue Warchief God Emperor Wolf High King Varian the Usurper.

That's what he's doing. He's too busy being a badass and saying "fuck you" to Varian.

From what I understand, Velen is not much of a fighter and is purely concerned about the legion. It wouldn't surprise me if he finds these things to be "petty squabbles" in comparison to what the legion can and will do.

Deleted
    People need to come to the conclusion that Velen is a peacekeeper, he doesn't want to be involved in the bloodshed so he has no need to be at the raid, he may even be doing something important (granted, unlikely). Know the character before running your mouth, it's the same as Tirion not being there, they are the same person in that respect.

Because he's too busy sitting in Exodar having his many, many visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Because he's too busy sitting in Exodar having his many, many visions.
    The fact remains, all of you, that he has been neglected from the story since the Draenei were introduced 5 years ago. I wonder how the Blood Elf players would feel if they were treated like that.

Velen is one of the lucky ones. He hasn't been made to look foolish like Tyrande or had his story ended like the dwarves by Mary Sue McWolfgod.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The dude is busy. When the immortal near deity doesn't show up then you know what's happening isn't a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    who's velen?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    who's velen?
    Some pansy Eredar who couldn't hang with Sargeras' crew and ran away instead.

The funny thing is we ask Blizzard to give characters attention, and when they do we hate the characters. See Thrall, Vol'jin, Jaina, Varian, Tyrande. We like leaders better when Blizzard doesn't give them much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    The fact remains, all of you, that he has been neglected from the story since the Draenei were introduced 5 years ago. I wonder how the Blood Elf players would feel if they were treated like that.
    Well, they pretty much were ignored until 5.1. I think blizz stated that they want to do more spacegoat stuff but they dont want it shoehorned in.

Thx to velens short story from cataclysm he pretty much states he has no desire to get into conflicts that don't involve the burning legion.

Deleted
    the draenei only care about the legion not the pityful conflicts

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Thx to velens short story from cataclysm he pretty much states he has no desire to get into conflicts that don't involve the burning legion.
    He changed his mind after being set straight by Anduin though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    He changed his mind after being set straight by Anduin though.
    well obviously not

10+ Year Old Account
    He was getting ready to flee on the Exodar with some of my tea.