Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

First wk of SOO: you happy with your dps?

I myself am quite pleased with fury performance so far. Started with immerses where fury burst dps was simply amazing. Smile came to face when I saw myself top of the dps comp above 4 demo warlocks. Trust me ....... It has been a long while.

Then I had the itch to try out arms. First time I broke 2mil damage with Bladestorm! Mind you it was with a 543 2h!

Than came along Galakas when I "tried" out my arms. Bladestorm was up almost every add wave and that's without the trinket yet...

Then the trinket dropped and I went to try out storm bolt. The first time I threw out the SB I saw 800k (in SMF) and I was addicted. Had fun with iron juggernaut and dark shaman.

Yes we still lose out to rogues but the amount of AOE fights just gives us a good fighting chance .. So far I'm a happy fury .. How about you guys?

I like my dps a lot right now. I kind of have a feeling Flurry of Xuen (legendary cloak proc) is better for warriors somehow than other melee / hunters? It was doing anywhere from 6% to 12-13% of my dmg on every fight.

Out of the 5 fights i did heres my ranking vs rest of my raider dps

Immerseus - 1st
    Protectors - 3rd or 4th
    Norushen - 3rd
    Sha of Pride - 1st
    Galakras - No clue, i didnt even look. I was on tower duty

Loving this place a lot right now. Cant wait to get some 2handers and go TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I like the fights and the 60 second BS/BB combo.

Yes.. I hope they don't tweak it but I'm getting alot of benefit from flurry of xuan. I checked against the dps of other melees and it seems we get alot more upside? Is there any explanation for this?

Also.. Storm bolt is like 10-15% of my dps. Finally something else to use aside from boring bloodbath!

We seem to be in a very good spot atm. I was consistantly top3 on every fight, 10/14 on the first night. Feels good to be top dog for once. Was Arms on Galakras otherwise Fury.

Actually if you recall back in T15 normal, we started out strong too but got outscaled in heroic modes and at higher gear levels.

Nothing much changed I guess.. It will still be warlocks , mages and rogues end tier- my guess

Getting dominated by warlocks and rogues.

Feels like home.

Anyone noticed that shadow priests were doing very well too?

Quite satisfied I would say. I agree with the cloak thingie, seems to be going off quite often, compared to others aswell.
    I have no clue for Immerseus as it was a ninja pull as our first pull on the bos, ended up a kill though.
    Protectors I fucked up a couple of times, so gonna wait until next week...
    Norushen and Pride I was either 2nd or 3rd and I came in 4th as Arms on Galakras, despite being on tower duty.

Deleted
    I have to agree on cloak uptime, it kept proccing during my opener. gave me way higher burst than I had ever had before. Was my third damage on immerseus, after execute and auto attacks.

I shit on everyone else as Arms during Spoils. And honestly I wasn't even playing it that well. Part because unfamiliar with fight, part because the spec without 2p is very difficult to Cleave with. But I don't think this is an indication of how good Arms is, more an indication of how bad other classes are at dealing with quickly dying adds. All but the giant ones melt.
    Sustained AoE though, Afflication Locks are just plain retarded. With enough targets Combat Rogues are ridiculous as well, though not many fights they work on.

As Fury, Single target, we are doing fairly well. Not top but definitely higher. Overall I am feeling ok about it, I am waiting to see how we do once everyone is in mostly T16 gear however.

Topped pretty much every fight yesterday up to and including Galakras, so I can't say I'm unhappy. To you people not having figured why the cloak is so good for warriors, it's because it scales with fury mastery (enrage).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on top for almost every fight I was in. We are a 10m and just got 13/14 last night. I was first on Galakras, Klaxxi, would have been on Spoils if I wasnt late to raid. Thok I was first, Malkorok I was 2nd, Iron Jugg I was first, First on Protectors, and died on Sha bc of dc but single target was looking good.

Overall I am pleased with it and as TG and using StormBolt, It just feels a lot more fun with that component in their.

I am doing very well. I have a feeling because we're doing well, and the warriors are happy, is that I can see a future nerf incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Sustained AoE though, Afflication Locks are just plain retarded.
    It's offtopic but mind explaining this? I understand it for multitarget due to multidotting par excellence but our warlock refrain to play affliction for heavy aoe because both demo and destro provide similar if not better results when linked to the new legendary cloak but are way easier to play (less attention time for dottimers = more attention time for playing hearthstone on tablet errr learning new encounter).

Our dps warr also played arms everywhere (it's normalmode after all) and was quite happy with the result of spamming tc/bladestorm and jumping around mindlessly for 54 seconds, waiting for the next bladestorm

Prot felt slightly less solid as on the ptr due to the last minute bladestorm nerf, but i had a blast on trash when my co-tank (monk) died on every pull - he still pulled aggro every time with a haze+kegsmash+breath of fire combo - and i just spammed block/barrier+majors afterwards, laughing.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-09-12 at 01:35 PM.

Happy would be a good bit exaggerated I guess. Due to the rppm changes and the slight buff I was definitely performing overall a slight bit better. Still felt more or less middle of the pack though seeing comparable or even stronger performances of a lot of other classes as well.
    Arms cleave was nice though on spoils and that dragonthing with the trash waves. The most positive change for me though seems to be still the shieldwall one.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-09-12 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It's offtopic but mind explaining this? I understand it for multitarget due to multidotting par excellence but our warlock refrain to play affliction for heavy aoe because both demo and destro provide similar if not better results when linked to the new legendary cloak but are way easier to play (less attention time for dottimers = more attention time for playing hearthstone on tablet errr learning new encounter).

Our dps warr also played arms everywhere (it's normalmode after all) and was quite happy with the result of spamming tc/bladestorm and jumping around mindlessly for 54 seconds, waiting for the next bladestorm

Prot felt slightly less solid as on the ptr due to the last minute bladestorm nerf, but i had a blast on trash when my co-tank (monk) died on every pull - he still pulled aggro every time with a haze+kegsmash+breath of fire combo - and i just spammed block/barrier+majors afterwards, laughing.
    Honestly I know next to nothing about locks! But I play with some very good ones and they are in giggles over Afflicitons multi target. They were doing ~500k on protectors. It's single target did get nerfed though.
    On topic, may e I am too pessimistic but I think we may be doing better in relation to other classes right now because of RPPM. Consider RPPM got nerfed, and we are near top, while everyone is still using RPPM. Once everyone has ICD I hope it's not a different story.

I've had a hell of a lot of fun so far. Topped on most fights, got the Mace off Nazgrim (whom we accidentally pulled when we walked into his room, ended up winging it to 4%, hahaha) and the SS + BS + CDs is hilarious. Stacking dark shaman I spiked to ~2 million dps as arms, just silly.

I've only done two bosses so far on reg. Was 2nd on Immerseus, was about 5k behind the Rogue. If we had one more Immerseus phase I would have surpassed him. Yay for many Executes.

Was like 9th or 10th on Protectors, but to be honest I was kinda running around like a chicken with my head cut off that fight. Will probably do way better next week.

We should get Norushen down tonight. If I get to cleanse early I should be up near the top, if not who knows.

Very happy with arms dps at the moment, just itching to get a weapon and try out my Evil Eye on Iron Juggernaut and forward Sunday night.